Director, Health System Business & Director of Sales @ Quest Diagnostics
Managing Director (interim) @ Novartis
Accomplished leader. Experienced sales leader of cross functional teams, managers and representatives. Highly skilled in the development of people in order to build high performing teams. Well versed in managing and growing sales in strategic markets and accounts by executing a specifically designed strategy. In depth knowledge of creating marketing and strategic plans that yield positive results.
Accomplished leader. Experienced sales leader of cross functional teams, managers and representatives. Highly skilled in the development of people in order to build high performing teams. Well versed in managing and growing sales in strategic markets and accounts by executing a specifically designed strategy. In depth knowledge of creating marketing and strategic plans that yield positive results. Passionate about success and growing business.
Areas of Expertise: managing teams, strategic planning, account development, analytics, leadership, sales and marketing, organizational skills, public speaking, innovation and teamwork.
Director of Strategic Alliances @ • Develop and implement strategies for key Integrated Delivery Networks (IDNs), hospitals, large physician practices, medical related businesses and Federal Qualified Health Centers throughout the region. Lead a cross functional team to execute tactics that will achieve positive growth designed to exceed budget goals.
• Responsible for uncovering non-traditional deals that require cross functional expertise in order to deliver substantial sales results that go beyond laboratory services. Structure deals to incorporate services that include, but are not limited to, customers outsourcing services and employees. Each deal must meet specific operating and contribution margins.
• Identify key market opportunities and then develop a strategic plan that will increase overall sales performance. Work closely with Regional Vice President and Executive Sales Director in order to build plans that will capitalize on the market opportunities that have been identified.
• Lead strategy sessions regarding all opportunities, both Regional and National in scope, that involve multiple decision makers and, ultimately, require C-Suite or Board of Director approval.
• Responsible to engage and manage all C-Suite relationships in an effort to create a higher awareness of the value add capabilities of Quest Diagnostics. Ensure that all key parties are involved in order to identify mutually beneficial business arrangements that are built for the long term. From January 2013 to Present (3 years) Greater Chicago AreaDistrict Sales Manager @ • Responsible for managing a team of multi-specialty sales representatives in order to exceed sales budgets that were set. Full accountability for the structure, negotiation and implementation of new business.
• Lead the team successfully in the execution of all marketing and promotional tactics to maximize the revenue of specialized testing. Tracked and monitored all reports in order to validate the impact of sales efforts so that they met or exceed all goals.
• As a District Sales Manager (Front Line Manager) developed numerous representatives, not only to succeed in their current roles, but towards advancement in to leadership and specialty positions. From March 2012 to December 2012 (10 months) Greater Chicago AreaManaging Director (interim) @ • As Managing Director ensured that 8 District Sales Managers and 84 sales representatives executed sales and marketing programs in order to increase sales performance. Responsible for leading Primary Care products throughout the state of Illinois, part of Iowa and Indiana.
• Mentored and coached Sales Directors for their professional development as well as their interaction with their sales representatives. Directly involved with Human Resources for all personnel issues throughout the region. From August 2011 to March 2012 (8 months) Greater Chicago AreaBusiness Relations Manager @ Developed account based selling platform to increase sales force effectiveness within key accounts. Instrumental in building training program, running the pilots and then rolling out to entire field force. Program yielded a 20% increase in sales performance and was ultimately adopted by the corporate training department and rolled out nationwide. From June 2010 to August 2011 (1 year 3 months) District Sales Manager @ • As a District Sales Manager (Front Line Manager) developed numerous representatives, not only to succeed in their current roles, but towards advancement in to leadership and specialty positions. In addition to representatives, was selected as the mentor for all new managers.
• Corporate training experience as both a sales representative and manager. I was brought in to teach both new hires as well as additional training for experienced employees. Spent time on product training and in the Leadership Development program for potential new managers.
• Selected to the field based marketing teams for Diovan, Exelon, Tekturna and Reclast. As one of the 12 individuals, I was responsible for providing feedback on new marketing pilots as well as input into future marketing programs.
• Multiple award winner: 2011 Top Performing Region, 2010 #1 in Reclast Growth, 2010 Area Sales Manager of the Year, 2008 Tekturna Top Performing District, 2007 President’s Club, 2007 District of the Year, 2007 Leadership Award for new managers, 2004 & 2003 District MVP, 2003 President’s Club Award. From March 2004 to June 2010 (6 years 4 months) Greater Chicago AreaSales Representative @ From May 2001 to March 2004 (2 years 11 months) Greater Chicago AreaSales Representative @ From 1996 to 2001 (5 years)
Bachelor's Degree, Finance @ DePaul University From 1987 to 1989 Robert Adler is skilled in: Cardiology, Pharmaceutical Sales, Managed Care, Urology, Sales Force Development, Product Launch, Sales Effectiveness, Endocrinology, Nephrology, Neurology, Sales, Leadership, Sales Operations, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Gastroenterology
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension