E-Commerce & Cloud Architect @ TE Connectivity, formerly Tyco Electronics, is a $14 billion global technology leader, specializing in connectivity and sensor solutions to help engineers transform their concepts into creations. My role involved leading a global team of architects designing and building the new www.te.com website and supporting backend systems. The new site handles 8.5M page
E-Commerce & Cloud Architect @ TE Connectivity, formerly Tyco Electronics, is a $14 billion global technology leader, specializing in connectivity and sensor solutions to help engineers transform their concepts into creations. My role involved leading a global team of architects designing and building the new www.te.com website and supporting backend systems. The new site handles 8.5M page views per month in a scalable and elastic manner utilizing Amazon AWS, Adobe AEM, Oracle Endeca, SAP Hybris, and a number of custom Java applications.
• Created the strategy, architected the solution, and managed the implementation of www.TE.com’s 200+ server environment on Amazon Web Services (AWS) in under one year saving the company $2M annually
• Defined and architected TE’s e-commerce roadmap based on AWS and SAP’s Hybris for B-to-B and B-to-C transactions
• Architected and managed the DevOps automation processes, utilizing CloudFormation, Jenkins, and Git, resulting in fully automated builds and deployments including automated scaling/elasticity
• Migrated Java based backend systems from WebSphere to Apache/Tomcat running on AWS
• Managed and designed a full implementation of Dynatrace’s APM platform providing full visibility onto the performance of the entire system
• Managed and built supporting AWS infrastructure and DevOps procedures for SAP Hybris, Oracle Endeca, and Adobe AEM platforms
• Worked with I&O on security audits, NetScaler deployments, elastic traffic flow and integration with TE’s multiple on-premises data centers From February 2014 to Present (1 year 11 months) CEO & Founder @ I started Matrix6 in 2009, as founder and Chief Architect, where my focus was on leading development, product strategy, and platform architecture initiatives. Matrix6 works with clients building customer-facing websites that support business objectives. Projects included internal dashboards and portals in addition to B-to-B and B-to-C e-commerce systems. I developed platforms, utilizing distributed computing techniques, which scale to support millions of users. .Net, WCF, MVC, SQL Server, Azure, MongoDB, Html5, and Facebook are the primary foundations for these projects.
• Due diligence and technical assessments for M&A and funding (www.wineconnected.com, www.vinovisit.com, Renwood Winery
• E-commerce platform development, integrations and rollouts using Magento, NetSuite, SalesForce.com, and custom backend web services. (www.waterfilters.net, www.vinotemp.com, www.fridgefilters.com, www.crushpadwine.com)
• E-commerce platform for dynamic pricing and auctions in Facebook
• Asset disposition and redeployments portals for Heritage Global Partners & Great American
• Virtual goods trading and management platform From September 2009 to Present (6 years 4 months) VP of Engineering @ As Vice President – Engineering & IT at DoveBid, I was responsible for all aspects of internal and external software systems, production environment, corporate IT infrastructure, and product management.
• Built and led a 20 person software development & IT team including internal and external resources
• Grew the auction service from a few users to over 20,000 simultaneous users and more than 1 million total
• Responsible for production environment of 20+ servers handling 10-50 million page views per month in addition to 300 internal users
• Managed and maintained more than 100 internal servers on three networks supporting up to 500 employees
• Defined the roles of all processes within the product development lifecycle from product design to release and maintenance and support
• Built, maintained, and grew auction service functionality to include support for numerous languages, time zones, and currencies
• Responsible for domestic and international IT management
• Managed and drove the definition, maintenance, and improvement of all products, services, and websites
• Developed, led, and participated in agile development processes across the company
• Managed a five person customer support team handling website users and clients
• Provided regular metrics and operating results to executives, board members, and investors
• Designed, built, and launched numerous projects including:
• Salesforce.com customization and portal for managing clients, contracts, and business flow
• Complex tool for managing assets, auction process, invoicing, and collections, resulting in huge efficiency savings and process gains. Provided real-time visibility of auction results.
• Innovative and leading edge portal for clients to enter, manage, track, and participate in the auction process utilizing .Net, AJAX, and SQL Server
• Integrated numerous data sources into a unified data model and related data warehouses From March 2000 to September 2009 (9 years 7 months) Founder @ From 1995 to 2000 (5 years) Manager @ From 1995 to 1996 (1 year) Manager @ From 1993 to 1995 (2 years) Manager @ From 1988 to 1993 (5 years)
Rick Boarman is skilled in: SaaS, Start-ups, Product Management, Enterprise Software, Strategic Partnerships, Integration, Cloud Computing, Management, Mobile Applications, Consulting, E-commerce, Scrum, Databases, Agile Methodologies, Business Intelligence, Web Applications, Software Development, Mobile Devices
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension