Sr. Director, Business Technology Global Operations @ SunPower Corporation
IT Director, Power Plants @ SunPower Corporation
Paperboard Applications Lead @ Temple-Inland
United States Department of Labor
Results-driven business executive with 15 years progressive experience ranging from project administration to application development, support and management. Combines modern analytical philosophies and systematic approaches to consistently deliver strong operating and productivity results. Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and motivate associates to maximize resources and enact solutions. Possesses hands-on experience in information technology, commercial/power plant
Results-driven business executive with 15 years progressive experience ranging from project administration to application development, support and management. Combines modern analytical philosophies and systematic approaches to consistently deliver strong operating and productivity results. Ability to proactively identify and resolve issues and motivate associates to maximize resources and enact solutions. Possesses hands-on experience in information technology, commercial/power plant grade solar, manufacturing, quality, maintenance and automotive.
• Program management of full application development lifecycle from concept to launch including requirements gathering, risk management, change management, user training and post production support.
• Onsite Implementation Leader for ‘no downtime’ production application installations and conversions.
• Clarifies client requirements, business needs and project objectives in collaboration with all stakeholders.
• Manages by defining and implementing team vision, promoting individual employee development and creating a culture of high performance.
Specialties: •Project Management
•Software Development Life Cycle
•Computerized Maintenance Management & Manufacturing Execution Systems
•Systems Analysis and Integration
•Mentoring and Leadership
•Winning Business Solutions
Director, O&M IT Applications @ From February 2012 to Present (3 years 11 months) Austin, Texas AreaPaperboard Applications Lead @ • Managing an agile application development group of seven developers for national paperboard mill manufacturing systems.
• Negotiate, forecast and manage $1.9M annual budget plus project budgets ranging from $500k to $2M.
• Team lead duties include vendor relationship management, human resource management and corporate-wide communications.
• Full scope experience as a Business Analyst specializing in IT application development, implementation and project management.
• Led Quality Assurance and User Acceptance Testing teams of 6 testers and 20+ subject matter experts for developed applications
• Project lead for design, development and implementation of a custom corporate manufacturing execution system (MES) implemented nationally in 2009 that resulted in a cost savings of $7.1M in comparison to purchase costs of commercial systems. MES capabilities included product finishing, inventory control, shipping, billing and accounting functions.
• Management of MES product expansion to include purchasing and receiving modules in 2010 and third party consignment warehouse functionality in 2011.
• Led NTEP type certification process for weigh-in/weigh-out system to receive national certification required by the California Department of Agriculture From February 2009 to February 2012 (3 years 1 month) Application Integration Developer and Business Analyst @ • IT / Business Analysis: Manage projects and analyze enterprise-level applications. Oversee application development with cross-functional teams. Assume responsibility for requirements gathering and documentation.
• Directed technical support and implemented application enhancements/updates. Design and implement training programs for users at all levels of technical ability.
• Project Lead for development of division wide mobile warehouse and shipping application resulting in increased efficiency and extensive cost savings (Implemented 2007).
• Project Lead for production applications integration and conversion of CMMS and purchasing systems for the acquisition of Premier Boxboard (2008).
• Lead Analyst for migration of CMMS from VMS to Windows environment (2006). From September 2006 to February 2009 (2 years 6 months) Maximo System Adminstrator @ • Managed network configurations, desktop support, and troubleshooting of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) Maximo 4.1.1 and Mastercam machining network.
• Project management, installation, upgrades and issue resolution for all IT hardware and software.
• Developed preventative maintenance plans designed to cut unplanned outages.
• Detailed quality management standards for information technology department as a ISO 9001 Certification Team member From November 2003 to September 2006 (2 years 11 months) Certification Team Leader @ • Software and hardware management and configuration. Developed and implemented certification process for maintaining dimensional integrity of weld tooling using laser and theodolite measurement technologies.
• Directed a team of 10 in developing new processes to streamline certification.
• Established training program for end users on certification team.
• Journeyman toolmaker in weld tool and fixture construction. Maintenance, CNC programming and machining experience. From November 1995 to November 2003 (8 years 1 month) Food & Beverage Director @ • Responsible for upscale restaurant and banquet facilities for four star property.
• Managed $2.1M budget and negotiated licensing and contractual agreements with suppliers.
• Directed a full management, sales and support staff of 50. From June 1991 to November 1995 (4 years 6 months)
B.B.A., Business @ University of Louisiana at MonroeJourneyman, Toolmaker Certification @ United States Department of Labor Richard Willis is skilled in: EAM, SDLC, Agile, MES, Program Management, Mentoring, Business Solutions, Systems Monitoring, Requirements Analysis, Testing, Business Analysis, Integration, Problem Solving, Planning, Team Building
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension