IT Certificate, Certificate: Prof. John Donovan's building C+ databases @
Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Sloan School of Management
I have enjoyed two (2) different professional careers.
(1) I have 10+ years in executive assignments in commercial banking; at SunTrust as a VP-Commercial; President of American Capital Group and as Regional Loan Officer (DC,VA,MD,PA) for $ multi-million +$1 million commercial mortgages. Plus, I was CEO/broker of a commercial real estate investment firm. At all assignments, I
I have enjoyed two (2) different professional careers.
(1) I have 10+ years in executive assignments in commercial banking; at SunTrust as a VP-Commercial; President of American Capital Group and as Regional Loan Officer (DC,VA,MD,PA) for $ multi-million +$1 million commercial mortgages. Plus, I was CEO/broker of a commercial real estate investment firm. At all assignments, I supported the "branches" in DC, Philadelphia, Richmond and Charlotte. As a consultant, I provided total solutions including both commercial investments and mortgages. I have a MBA in Commercial Realty urban development. (2) I have +10 years in complex technology consultative sales(VoIP networks, IP, MPLS, Frame Relay). Plus, I sold telephone systems (PBX, Unified messaging, call centers, IVR and hybrid VoIP systems). Certified to sell Nortel; Avaya; CISCO; Lucent/Acatel; Mitel/InterTel.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
• Broad experience in commercial banking operations, financial product sales, customer service, business development, client / public relations, and employee supervision.
• Offer in-depth knowledge of a diverse array of banking functions, with demonstrated capacity to successfully fulfill responsibilities in furthering both client and my corporate objectives.
• Strong team player with a track record of utilizing sales methodologies and coordinating effectively with a wide range of sources to achieve both client and my coorporate objectives.
• Leverage outstanding organizational and managerial skills to evaluate and revise operational processes, maximize sales, and improve customer satisfaction.
• Demonstrated success at creating and accelerating revenue growth, cultivating and developing new business, and exceeding productivity goals in competitive market segments.
• Adept at analyzing and identifying construction market niches and opportunities, as well as developing and monitoring high-level business partnerships.
Multi-state Loan Officer-Reverse Mortgages & traditional mortgages @ I provide customized solutions (if qualified) for lifetime or a specific term of monthly tax free cash flows. Initially, all mortgages are paid off and monthly payments are eliminated. In many cases, a monthly tax free cash flow check can be provided to assist lifestyle improvement. In other cases, lump sum cash is generated to use for grandchild's tuition or cash for other desired uses. I provide cash to supplement income for many needs. Contact me direct at (804)729-0133 or cell @ (804) 922-3300. From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Virginia Branch Manager/Loan Officer/UST licensed @ I manage a statewide Virginia territory for residential mortgages by presenting customized financial solutions. I provide purchase/refinancing mortgages via an AWESOME range of custom solutions; e.g. give fixed % conventional mortgages (if concerned about % rates increasing). NOW is the time to re-finance to reduce risks by converting adjustable mortgages to FIXED %. Daily, I assist Realtors by pre-approving buyers for purchase mortgages/I can help save/reduce some seller's costs. Call me @ 804-922-3300. Also, licensed for mortgage life insurance, retirement annuities & final expense insurance. My major focus is strategic wealth preservation. From July 2013 to March 2015 (1 year 9 months) Statewide Loan Officer @ Manage a statewide Virginia territory for business development of Veteran mortgages by presenting customized financial solutions for $4 million/month of loans/monthly. I have booked $5 million/month in loans per month. Comp is a highly leveraged commission plan. 2011 income exceeded $150K. From October 2009 to July 2013 (3 years 10 months) Sales Consultant-Virginia Complex Accounts @ Currently, I manage a Virginia territory for complex accounts in Virginia. I started in telecom at AT&T subsidiaries e.g. Lucent Tech & AT&T networks. I have had 2 major telecom careers: Sales management and Major Accounts Exec. As a Sales manager, my managed branches included West Va, DC & VA. My largest team was 30+ people. At AT&T/Lucent, I was awarded the Millionaire Ring for +200% attainment x 2 years; Super Achiever for +150% x 4 years and Achiever Clubs for +120% x 6 yrs. Total: 12 achiever's clubs. Also, I earned the ultimate award: Executive "E-award" for Top 3% (earning a 3-day weekend with the AT&T CEO). Plus, I have experience in the Indirect Channel as an Area Channel Mgr @ Sprint (Va, NC, DC, and Md) & ranked # 1 in 10-state region (2002). I am selling VoIP solutions, PBX, hybrid key systems, routers (CISCO, Adtran) and global MPLS networks. Many accounts have global networks that range from x25, Frame, IP, Private IP and MPLS Internet. I have both global & federal sales management experiences. From May 2008 to September 2009 (1 year 5 months) VP-Commercial @ Managed a portfolio of assigned commercial accounts (based on branch geography in City of Richmond, Henrico County and Hanover County). Cross sell financial services to +/- 200 business accounts in Richmond, VA. I focused on commercial building mortgages ($1 million to $5 million). Plus, lines of credit from $100K to $5 million. Value of portfolio exceeded $50 million. From November 2006 to December 2007 (1 year 2 months) Regional Loan Officer-Investments @ Provided commercial mortgages and assisted in listing of $ multi-million commercial properties (e.g. multi-family, office bldgs, STNL retail, shooping centers and condo conversions. Provided financial analysis on all commercial listings with "typical" commercial financing and cash-on-cash results. From October 2002 to August 2005 (2 years 11 months) Area Channel Manager @ As a Area Channel Manager (ACM), I made presentations to recruit Partners/plus I made sales forecasts/Managed 9 Partners w/over 50 sales reps to exceed objective & gain Mkt. Share. I trained partner reps to become certified. I accompanied reps on C-Level appts. .
PRODUCTS SOLD: Frame Relay, T-1 IP, Web Hosting, VoIP, VoFR, CISCO Routers & Video Conference.
MARKET: - I targeted Commercial & SLED Mkt. Leaders in 4 coverage areas: NorVa/Md+DC+Cent.Va+East Va.
- Sales results exceed 160% (3 of 9 recruit Partners have exceeded 200% of objective; I was ranked #1 ACM (Area Chan Mgr) in 8-state Region (Va., Md,, DC, Pa., Ind., Il., NY, Del.). AWARDS: 100% MBO quota; EXCELLENCE 2000 AWARD; Nat'l leader 2 of 12 mos. Sprint decided to move resources from fiber cable to cellular tech and downsized 20,000. From 1999 to 2002 (3 years) CEO,President @ Focus: Developed 6 new profit centers, which increased revenues from $3 million to $17 million
within a 24-month ramp-up business plan. I recruited, trained 3 managers and 30 investment agents.
Products sold: Residential/commercial realty, hotels, shopping centers, M&A of businesses, apartments and other investment partnerships. Plus, we were commercial property managers.
Market: Sold listings within Virginia to New York investors and International investors.
Awards: Awarded the leading Commercial Revenue quarterly award 5 out of 8 quarters ('85-'87). From October 1985 to October 1987 (2 years 1 month)
MBA, Bus. Admin./Management (BAM) @ Virginia Commonwealth University - School of Business From 1991 to 1995 IT Certificate, Certificate: Prof. John Donovan's building C+ databases @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Sloan School of Management From 1985 to 1985 Richard Starling, MBA is skilled in: NMLS Loan Officer Virginia and Federal Licensed, Real Estae Broker/Owner Virginia License, Real Estate Agent Virginia License, Life Insurance Virginia & Maryland License, NASD Registered Representative State License Maryland and Virginia, Property Insurance and Casualty License-Virginia, Certified Account Executive for financial solutions, Sales Marketing Executive of the Year/Richmond, VA (AT&T)>, New Business Development, Management, Telecommunications, Leadership, Commercial Real Estate, Marketing, Investments
Looking for a different
Richard Starling, MBA?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension