Bachelor of Arts @
California State University-Fullerton - College of Business and Economics
As a kid growing up, Bruce Lee, the martial arts action film actor, was my hero. To this day, Bruce Lee is still my hero, but for many different reasons. His films will always be all-time classics, but his philosophies are what I consider to be truly timeless. Especially the fascinating philosophy of being like water, which
As a kid growing up, Bruce Lee, the martial arts action film actor, was my hero. To this day, Bruce Lee is still my hero, but for many different reasons. His films will always be all-time classics, but his philosophies are what I consider to be truly timeless. Especially the fascinating philosophy of being like water, which taught me to be formless and to keep my mind open to all possibilities. Life is full of resistance for everyone, so shaping myself to be like water really helped me find openings in barriers that have been presented to me.
From delivering face-to-face customer service to handling logistics behind the scenes...
From managing projects with a team to analyzing data independently at a cubicle...
From attempting to sell at the best profit margin to the customer to negotiating the lowest cost with the supplier...
From pushing shopping carts in the hot sun to sitting in business meetings with the President of the company...
From acquiring a Master of Business Administration to earning Apprentice Instructor Level in the Thai Boxing Association...
Water is formless and shapeless, so it can fit into the tiniest cracks. Those cracks may as well have been those opportunities that seemed small at the time but ultimately brought me to where I am today. If you want to hear more of this story or if we share an interest in general business, pop culture, technology or martial arts, all you have to do is reach out. Let’s be water together, my friends. :)
Supply Chain Manager @ • Acts as managerial contact for suppliers and internal cross functional teams for supply chain activities or issues
• Ensures procurement compliance with company, contract, ITAR, ISO 9001 and AS9100 requirements
• Maintains effort to effectively and efficiently secure quality material from the best possible sources
• Maintains inventory levels through data analysis to ensure adequate availability of demanded material
• Monitors purchase order scheduling and logistics to maintain timely customer order fulfillment
• Manages, trains, develops and motivates three direct reports
• Manages the logistics of $10.2 million cost of goods sold annually and $2.2 million of inventory on hand
• Earned record annual growth for fiscal year 2014, increasing sales by $3.3 million and net profit by $1.3 million
• Analyzes historical sales data and external market trends to determine products and product lines to seek
• Conducts supplier evaluations to identify opportunities and risks for both current and potential suppliers
• Works with suppliers on corrective action plans when there may be flaws in product or service quality
• Interacts with domestic and international suppliers at trade shows to begin or enhance business relationships
• Negotiated authorized distributorship with special pricing for major product lines: Unbrako and Holo-Krome From June 2013 to Present (2 years 5 months) Anaheim, CASelf Employed @ • Manages purchasing, sales, customer service, shipping and bookkeeping for successful part-time online toy business
• Fulfilled 1,601 transactions and $43,798 in global sales during the past 12 months while maintaining 100% positive feedback From September 2014 to Present (1 year 2 months) Buyer @ • Maintained a continuous effort to effectively secure quality material in a timely fashion from the best possible source
• Utilized negotiation tactics to increase profit margins, delivering an average of $155,000 cost savings annually
• Awards: Employee of the Month for April 2012, Outstanding Performance Award for 2012 and 2013 From March 2011 to June 2013 (2 years 4 months) Anaheim, CAProcurement Assistant @ • Supported the procurement team with logistics issues and purchase order expedites for a steady flow of goods From August 2010 to March 2011 (8 months) Anaheim, CASales Representative @ • Established, developed and maintained business relationships with current and potential customers
• Managed customer quotes and purchase orders while engaging in both inside and outside sales calls From April 2009 to August 2010 (1 year 5 months) Anaheim, CALogistics Administrator, Quality Control Inspector, Customer Service Representative @ • Maintained the accuracy of logistics by investigating and controlling inventory movements
• Inspected products for defects to minimize customer complaints
• Provided customer service with product knowledge for customer satisfaction
• Awards: Employee of the Month for September 2005, IKEA Certificate of Merit for April 2006 From April 2003 to March 2009 (6 years) Costa Mesa, CA
Master of Business Administration, Marketing @ California State University-Fullerton - College of Business and Economics From 2011 to 2013 Bachelor of Arts, Marketing, Cum Laude @ California State University-Fullerton - College of Business and Economics From 2007 to 2009 Richard Ngo is skilled in: Logistics, Purchasing, Supply Chain, Inventory Management, Sales, Account Management, Customer Service, Supply Chain Management, Negotiation, Pricing, Operations Management, Product Management, Procurement, Strategy, Sourcing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension