Sales/Marketing, Contract and Residential Fabrics @ Dicey Fabrics
EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES & MARKETING @ BASOFIL FIBERS, LLC
Everyone dreams of having a career in an industry that truly speaks to their interests and uses their talents and creativity to their fullest advantage. I am proud to say that in the fabric and textile industry, I have found just that - work in which I can truly get "wrapped up," pardon the pun. Seriously -
Everyone dreams of having a career in an industry that truly speaks to their interests and uses their talents and creativity to their fullest advantage. I am proud to say that in the fabric and textile industry, I have found just that - work in which I can truly get "wrapped up," pardon the pun. Seriously - it is a fascinating industry that has enabled me to travel internationally and negotiate deals on a global level to meet the demands of an ever-changing fashion and decorating dynamic. I have used my sales and marketing experience to connect overseas market based fabric manufacturers with major U.S. retail organizations. I have also employed my expertise in revitalizing under-performing sales organizations to benefit the textile organizations I represented as a sales manager and leader. Combine that with my affinity for fostering and developing new and existing customer relationships and my proficiency as a staff recruiter, trainer and mentor and you have a well-rounded industry leader with the skills to ensure companies are "decorated" with success. Pardon the pun...again...
Leasing Director @ Oversaw leases and new business development of 750,000 square feet of designer showroom space.
- Prospected for new tenants through persistent follow-up and establishing strong client relationships.
- Retained and renewed contracts with current tenants by applying effective relationship building techniques.
-Maintained a 92-94% occupancy rate throughout. From October 2012 to October 2015 (3 years 1 month) Sales/Marketing, Contract and Residential Fabrics @ Collaborated with design, merchandising and manufacturing to created, implement and establish a new contract/ hospitality line of fabrics.
- Developed sales presentations and worked directly with potential customers. From February 2010 to October 2012 (2 years 9 months) EXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES & MARKETING @ Spearheaded global sales and marketing, creating sales organizations in India and Europe to deepen relationships with U.S. customers and rebrand a company in distress. Managed four direct reports in solidifying trust and credibility with customer base. Drove annual sales performance across the company’s military, fire protection, upholstered furniture, contract/hospitality and filtration business sectors in the U.S., UK, India and Europe. Leadership role revolved around new business development, sales planning and forecasting, strategic business alliances and partnerships and brand awareness and equity growth. Analyzed the market and competition and developed sales strategies based on results. Positioned company at tradeshows and developed and maintained budget, always with an eye on company profit and loss (P&L).
- Recruited new sales teams, resulting in annual business boost of $5 million after tapping into the UK, Europe, and India markets. Executed sales and marketing plans to propel annual sales from a low of $1 million to $6 million.
- Revitalized corporate brand and regained customer credibility after company faced severe financial problems in early 2006. Also recaptured previously lost business and penetrated profitable yarn spinning, fire protection, filtration and fire retardant work apparel markets. Sales efforts stabilized the company and provided the framework for growth. From January 2007 to August 2009 (2 years 8 months) Asheville, North Carolina AreaCONSULTANT / SALES AGENT @ Consulted with various fabric and furniture textile manufacture leaders in China, India, and Turkey on business opportunities in the U.S. Services provided included sales planning and forecasting, market and competitive analysis, sales pipeline development and analysis, product development and new product launches. Sold products to diverse furniture manufacturers.
- Established a presence in the U.S. for a Turkish company - Kadefiteks Texstil (Kets) and was credited with boosting sales from $0 to $4 million.
- Collaborated with Kets to develop a new fabric product line. Traveled to Istanbul three times a year to assist its design and development team.
- Negotiated a deal with Crate and Barrel executives to boost sales for McCreary Modern Furniture Company from $0 to $1 million.
- Generated $2.5 million in sales by establishing Kets brand with retailers such as Crate and Barrel, Pottery Barn, Kittles, JC Penney, Dillard’s, Federated, and many others. From January 2001 to December 2006 (6 years) Hickory/Lenoir, North Carolina AreaEXECUTIVE VICE PRESIDENT OF SALES @ Led a team of 14 direct report Sales Representatives in selling textile products across the United States and Canada, generating $60 million in annual sales. Managed all aspects of sales, brand awareness, customer acquisition, contract negotiations and new business development. Created strategies to capture business with more than 500 furniture manufacturers, contract manufacturers, decorative jobbers, RV manufacturers, and bed manufacturing firms. Recruited a high-caliber sales team in both the US and Canada.
- Played a major role in elevating company’s profitability and in its acquisition of $75 million in sales by tapping the RV, bedding and contract business sectors. Formed strategic alliances with furniture manufacturers and decorative jobbers to boost business.
- Developed sales pipeline to propel customer base from 150 customers in 1989 to more than 1,000 in 2000, employing the use of customer referrals and taking advantage of new business development opportunities.
- Implemented SAP in 1999 for sales team and manufacturing associates and assisted them in learning and navigating the system.
Territory Sales Representative / Sales & Marketing Manager /
VP Of Sales And Marketing -1989 –1997
Essential territory sales representative and sales and marketing agent overseeing formerly underperforming area.
- Renewed and turned around territory, resulting in sales increase from $1.5 million to $10 million in three years.
- Elevated customer base from 25 to more than 150 through business development opportunities
- Named "Salesman of the Year" two years and promoted three times based on stellar sales performance. From January 1997 to January 2000 (3 years 1 month)
Bachelor of Arts, Economics @ Wofford College From 1974 to 1978 Richard Krapfel is skilled in: Furniture, Furnishings, Strategic Planning, Trade Shows, Textiles, New Business Development, Sales Management, B2B, Marketing Strategy, Product Development, International Business, Key Account Management, P, Customer Satisfaction, Account Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension