Independent Financial Services Consultant and Contractor @ Kaikoura Consulting Limited
Principal Consultant - Managed Services Strategic Change Programme @ G4S
Principal Consultant - Banking Sector Strategic Review @ G4S
An adaptable and delivery focused Senior Executive and leader with extensive experience in Programme Management and Business Transformation, Strategy Development and Delivery, Outsourced Service and Supplier Management, Procurement, and Contract Management and Negotiations. An energetic leader with proven delivery capability and a detailed knowledge of the UK Retail Banking Industry. Highly experienced at developing and delivering strategies
An adaptable and delivery focused Senior Executive and leader with extensive experience in Programme Management and Business Transformation, Strategy Development and Delivery, Outsourced Service and Supplier Management, Procurement, and Contract Management and Negotiations. An energetic leader with proven delivery capability and a detailed knowledge of the UK Retail Banking Industry. Highly experienced at developing and delivering strategies that deliver tangible business benefits, with a successful track record of senior stakeholder management and securing staff and third party supplier engagement.
My extensive experience has also been gained through leading service change and integration through large scale outsourcing projects, and Project and Programme delivery as part of a major UK Financial Institution acquisition.
I am highly experienced in the Management of outsourced Service and Supplier Operations and aligned to this have an excellent understanding of procurement and vendor management principles and frameworks. I have extensive experience developing, implementing, and managing frameworks and outsourced operational models that deliver outstanding service and value for money.
I have significant expertise in both the Self Service Banking and Cash Service industries, from a strategic Target Operating Model, operational, technical, commercial, outsourced supplier, and customer proposition perspective. The key players I have worked with closely in those markets are Wincor Nixdorf, NCR, Diebold, Cennox, G4S, Vaultex, Loomis and Travelex.
- Programme Management and Business Transformation
- Strategy Development and Delivery
- Large scale Service Change & Integration
- Service & Supplier Management Strategies
- Supplier Relationship Management
- Outsourced Commercial Management and Contracts
- Cash Processing, Procurement, Operations and Consultancy
- Self Service Procurement, Products, Suppliers and Consultancy
Independent Financial Services Consultant and Contractor @ Currently looking for new opportunities From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) United KingdomPrincipal Consultant - Managed Services Strategic Change Programme @ Reporting to UK Cash Solutions Strategy & Innovation Director with responsibility for developing a new technically enabled operating model for G4S Managed Services in the Financial Services Sector.
- Review the current operational structure and the competitive market place identifying where savings can be made and value added.
- Identify operational and technical options and recommend strategic solution that will enable the business to regain market share following critical customer losses
- Identified potential technology partners to compliment existing service.
- Conducted supplier tender process and recommend preferred supplier.
- Completed drafting of Business & Benefits Case with G4S finance
- Senior stakeholder briefings and obtained European Executive sign off to implement proposed solution
- Completed contract and pricing negotiations with preferred selected technology provider
- Initiated, scoped, and implemented Project Structure to facilitate successful implementation of the new model. From September 2014 to October 2015 (1 year 2 months) Sutton, United KingdomPrincipal Consultant - Banking Sector Strategic Review @ Reporting to Head of Strategic Accounts G4S Cash Solutions (UK) with responsibility for production of roadmap and strategic vision for the next 12 to 36 months.
• Reviewed the current key Banking Sector client strategies
• Reviewed the current Banking Sector strategy
• Reviewed the current operational and technical capability and future potential capability
• Identified and presented solutions, options, and potential partnership strategies to inform production of a roadmap / vision for the next 12 to 36 months. From June 2014 to August 2014 (3 months) Sutton, United KingdomPrincipal Consultant - ATM Sourcing Project @ Reporting to the Programme Director and Partnership Services Procurement lead with responsibility for advising on procurement strategy, approach and execution for the John Lewis Partnership ATM Estate which will drive an increased revenue for the partnership.
• Advised on approach to RFI, key market players, and current market conditions.
• Reviewed production of RFI and RFP materials
• Advised on procurement selection and award to preferred supplier (Cardtronics) From April 2014 to August 2014 (5 months) London, United KingdomDirector of Product, Cash & Self Service Vendor Management @ Head of Product, Cash & Self Service Vendor Management for the UK Retail & Business Bank.
Led a Team of 30 Vendor Managers and Analysts that ensured first class services and value add propositions were delivered by third party suppliers to the Bank's Current Account Feature Product set, Insurance & Investment portfolios, and the Bank's Cash & Self Service Services.
Accountable for the delivery of Outsourced Operations, Services, Budgets and Continuous Improvement Change Programmes that underpinned the Bank's Cash and Self Service services being delivered to the UK Retail and Business Bank.
Accountable Executive for the project delivery and management of the Bank's ATM Estate rollout with Asda.
Examples of contracts and suppliers under management include Vaultex, G4S, Travelex, Wincor Nixdorf, NCR, Diebold, Cennox, RAC, Lifestyle Services Group, Airport Angel, and Aviva.
Role also includes full end to end Service responsibility for the UK Retail and Business Banks Self Service and Cash Services. This covers services delivered to both its Branch Estate and the Remote ATM Network. From April 2011 to February 2014 (2 years 11 months) Leeds, United KingdomSenior Service & Supplier Performance Manager - Self Service Operations @ Head of Self Service BAU Operations Team managing major strategic contracts (NCR & Wincor Nixdorf) and ensuring internal operations support delivery of Self Service Services.
Services include ATM Network, Kiosk and Cheque & Cash Deposit Machines From April 2008 to March 2011 (3 years) Senior Project Manager - Woolwich Integration Programme @ Led Programme workstream on the Woolwich Integration Programme successfully integrating Woolwich ATM, Cash and Cheque Clearing Services and Operations into the Barclays model. From June 2005 to March 2008 (2 years 10 months) Coventry, United KingdomService Acceptance & Integration Manager - Various Projects and Programmes @ Signature & Rules System Project
- Major project to migrate all paper based customer signature cards and mandates to image.
- Workstream leader for service readiness of operational and technical support teams underpinning the new system.
Bonds Migration Project
- Ensured service readiness of technology teams supporting migration of the Bank’s Savings Bonds Products to a new platform.
Barclays Open Plan Programme
- Reporting to Senior Project Manager ensuring service readiness of Operational and Technology Team’s who were delivering the component elements of the new product. From May 2001 to May 2005 (4 years 1 month) Coventry, United Kingdom
Lancaster Royal Grammar School From 1982 to 1987 Richard Hargreaves is skilled in: Vendor Management, Banking, Service Management, Outsourcing, Management, Change Management, Supply Management, Integration, Team Management, Project Delivery, Strategy, Leadership, Risk Management, Service Delivery, Stakeholder Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension