CompTIA Network +, MCSA Windows Server 2012 and MCSE Server Infrastructure, Information Technology @
New Horizon Computer Learning Center
Resourceful IT professional with 5+ years of experience in service-driven, heterogeneous environments. Broad strengths include network/system administration, security, training, helpdesk, technical support, and asset management. Top performer, exceeding all quality, time, and service standards in supporting hundreds of users at Thermo Fisher, Marine Corps, and United States Army. Commitment to career growth demonstrated by earning two degrees
Resourceful IT professional with 5+ years of experience in service-driven, heterogeneous environments. Broad strengths include network/system administration, security, training, helpdesk, technical support, and asset management. Top performer, exceeding all quality, time, and service standards in supporting hundreds of users at Thermo Fisher, Marine Corps, and United States Army. Commitment to career growth demonstrated by earning two degrees and multiple technical certifications.
- Possess in-depth knowledge of hardware/software and networking technologies, consistently applying them to maximize productivity.
- Creative and analytical problem solver, responding to all service issues with enthusiasm, urgency, compassion, and flexibility.
- Skilled communicator, with an exceptional ability to convey technical information to technical and non-technical personnel at all levels.
Technical Certifications & Training
CompTIA Certifications: A+, Network+, Security +
CCNA (Cisco Certified Network Associate), expected 2016
Training: MCSA Windows Server 2012 and MCSE Server Infrastructure
System Administrator/ Desktop Support @ From 2015 to Present (less than a year) Sunnyvale, CATechnical Support Specialist @ “Go to” technical resource, providing day-to-day support for network infrastructure and internal desktop systems software/hardware in a heterogeneous, 600-user environment. Technical liaison, collaborating with supervisor, peer groups, and customers to ensure goal attainment.
Key responsibilities include:
- Install, configure, troubleshoot, repair, and perform preventative maintenance of PCs and desktops.
- Install, configure, and deploy workstations and servers.
- Maintain passwords, data integrity, and file system security for all desktops.
- Actively participate in the development of information technology and infrastructure.
- Accurately assessed user needs and determined suitable software to meet requirements.
- Recommended hardware and software solutions, including new acquisitions and upgrades.
- Educated users and conducted training on utilization of basic and specialized applications.
- Proactively anticipated user needs and potential system problems, implementing pre-emptive solutions or fixes before they escalated. From 2015 to 2015 (less than a year) Pleasanton, CAIT Specialist @ Delivered expert support services to the Marine Corp in a designated area with 800 end-users. Installed, configured, serviced, upgraded, repaired, and maintained hardware/software for multiple types of systems, from standalone to client/server, network services, and network storage devices.
- Streamlined, optimized, and maintained network availability, functionality, and recoverability in a mission-critical environment.
- Troubleshot, resolved, and maintained/repaired routers, switches, servers, and other devices.
- Entrusted with asset management; updated asset information and troubleshot, repaired, or replaced components and peripherals. From 2014 to 2015 (1 year) Camp Pendleton, CASystem Administrator, Team Lead, Helpdesk Technician & Multi-Channel Transmission Operator @ Technical Subject Matter Expert, executing on multiple, concurrent functions supporting 500-800 Windows XP/7 users. Performed system administration, helpdesk, technical support, and data management duties.
- Created and managed a LAN, requiring installation of CAT 5, Ethernet, and Coaxial Cables. Monitored and maintained network through Active Directory and Windows Server 2008. Managed shared resources such as local servers and group policies.
- Performed, configured, and deployed imaging and other operating system maintenance/repairs, including system file restore/backups, upgrades, virus scans, debugging, and patch updates.
- Contributed to the installation and configuration of VoIP phones, switches, and routers; performed basic network configuration/troubleshooting and basic server work.
- Analyzed, isolated, and diagnosed issues to root cause for hardware, software, operating systems, and services as well as the local internet. Identified security vulnerabilities and mitigated incidents.
- Prioritized, tracked, and monitored all service requests and tickets to successful resolution.
- Core member of team, seamlessly migrating platform from Windows XP to 7.
- Maintained an inventory of equipment used for events, meetings, backup, and repair/replacement, including audio, video, and satellite equipment.
- Influential participant in establishing best practices, an operating manual, and evaluating escalation procedures and remediation plans. From 2010 to 2013 (3 years) Fort Knox, Kentucky
Network Systems Administration, Information Technology @ DeVry University From 2014 to 2015 CompTIA Network +, MCSA Windows Server 2012 and MCSE Server Infrastructure, Information Technology @ New Horizon Computer Learning Center From 2014 to 2014 Police Academy @ College of San Mateo From 2013 to 2013 Undergraduate Certificate, Forensic Science @ American Military University From 2010 to 2012 Certificate, Police Academy @ Temple University From 2008 to 2009 Associate, Criminal Justice @ Northampton Community College From 2007 to 2008 Bachelors, Business Management @ Kutztown University From 2002 to 2006 Rich Ford is skilled in: Firearms, Information Technology, Data Management, SATCOM, Investigation, Public Safety, Law Enforcement, Social Competence, Teamwork, Forensics, Detention, Security, First Aid, CPR, AED, Security Clearance, Private Investigations, Enforcement, CCTV, Help Desk Support
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension