Director of Information Technology @ Ross Investment Ventures
Director of Information Services @ Newmark Grubb Knight Frank (NASDAQ:BGCP)
Certificate, Computer Career Program @
Barracuda Networks offers industry-leading solutions designed to solve mainstream IT problems efficiently and cost-effectively, while maintaining a level of customer support and satisfaction second to none. While we maintain a strong heritage in email and web security appliances, our award-winning portfolio includes more than a dozen purpose-built solutions that support every aspect of the network – providing
Barracuda Networks offers industry-leading solutions designed to solve mainstream IT problems efficiently and cost-effectively, while maintaining a level of customer support and satisfaction second to none. While we maintain a strong heritage in email and web security appliances, our award-winning portfolio includes more than a dozen purpose-built solutions that support every aspect of the network – providing organizations of all sizes with true end-to-end protection that can be deployed in hardware, virtual, cloud, and mixed form factors.
Barracuda Networks • Microsoft • Google Apps • Gmail • Lync™ • Azure • AWS • Fortinet • Watchguard • Palo Alto Networks • HP • Dell • Lenovo • Cisco • Commvault • Unitrends • McAfee • Proofpoint • Fortinet • Websense • Imperva • Proofpoint • Brocade • Extreme Networks • F5 • A10 • Radware • Symantec • Arcmail • Ruckus • Dell AppSure • Veeam • Dell SonicWall
OpenStack • Cloud • Chromebook • MDM • eDiscovery • Spam • HIPPA • PCI • SIEM • SSL VPN • NG Firewall • BYOD • WiFi • WLAN • Identity Management • 10/40 Gbe • OpenFlow • Vblock • Email security • (DLP) Data Loss Prevention • Policy based Email encryption • Spam • PST Management • Data Protection • Web Application Security • Web Application Firewall (WAF) • Endpoint Security • Threat Vectors • Data Protection • Purpose-built Backup Appliance (PBA) • Backup Disaster Recovery (BDR) • Deduplication • Office 365 • O365 • PST • Email Archiving • Email Compliance • Exchange Stubbing • Cloud-connected Message Archiving • eDiscovery • Secure Email Gateway • Email Archiving
National Sales Engineer @ • Offer technical assistance to the sales team during pre-sales engagements.
• Close sales by providing a direct contact for customers during product deployment and POC.
• Onsite installation for larger customer engagements.
• Keep up to date on current market trends and competitive analysis.
• Present Data Protection solutions and strategies to large audiences at partner events.
• Discuss product placement and fit with partners to help them position the solution to their customers. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Greater Denver AreaDirector of Information Technology @ • Hands-on management of all aspects of IT infrastructure including network security, data protection, server administration, vendor negotiation and and end-user support.
• Managed and negotiated all technology vendor purchasing and consulting relationships and projects.
• Introduced and streamlined numerous business processes to increase efficiency.
• Dramatically increased system availability, redundancy and scalability by virtualizing servers using Hyper-V.
• Implemented backup and recovery systems to decrease backup window and reduce recovery times.
• Installed and managed a UTM firewall solution with redundant Internet links.
• Migrated all email users from Exchange 2010 to Office 365. From December 2013 to June 2014 (7 months) Greater Denver AreaDirector of Information Services @ • Manage IT capital and operating budgets and purchasing across multiple companies and business units.
• Manage and negotiate all technology vendor and consulting relationships and projects.
• Manage and mentor the Helpdesk Coordinator to ensure service level agreements are met.
• Increased customer satisfaction by redesigning the support process and implementing a ticketing system for accountability, feedback and reporting metrics.
• Introduced and streamlined numerous business processes to increase efficiency.
• Dramatically increased system availability, redundancy and scalability.
• Upgraded backup and recovery systems to decrease backup window and reduce recovery times.
• Implemented a highly available VMware vSphere SAN-centric infrastructure to reduce costs, eliminate maintenance downtime and reduce server provisioning time.
• Designed, implemented and administer a 100% virtualized Exchange 2010 messaging platform.
• Implemented a company-wide standardized managed print service which cut costs by 20% and reduced downtime.
• Upgrade and maintain multiple CRM databases and help users design meaningful production reports. From December 2010 to December 2013 (3 years 1 month) Greater Denver AreaDirector of Information Technology @ • Provided exemplary hands-on technical support in a demanding, highly competitive, service-oriented environment.
• Identified, researched, recommended, implemented and supported technology to compete in the real estate marketplace.
• Managed enterprise corporate data and telecommunications infrastructure for 850 employees at eighteen branch offices to ensure consistently high service levels both remotely and in person.
• Managed budgeting, purchasing and procurement for more than $1,500,000 in hardware, software and services annually.
• Selected and managed relationships with IT consultants and VARs to negotiate more favorable pricing.
• Managed content for Rubloff.com, domain names and DNS for all company websites and blogs.
• Supervised, coached and performed annual performance reviews for IT Administrator.
• Created and conducted training classes for sales agents to help them utilize technology more effectively.
• Designed, tested and implemented a cutting-edge real estate website for a boutique brokerage.
• Upgraded and managed unified communications solutions to increase employee productivity and mobility.
• Created and enhanced standards for server and desktop hardware and software.
• Implemented a Cisco VPN solution at branch offices to increase security and provide WAN redundancy.
• Co-directed the merger of infrastructures of two companies (Prudential and Rubloff) to maximize shared value.
• Achieved expertise in Windows Server 2008/2003/2000, SQL 2008/2005, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Active Directory, DNS, DHCP, Exchange 2007/2003, SharePoint 2007, Cisco routers/ASA and PIX firewalls/Catalyst switches, Apple Xserve, Symantec NetBackup/Backup Exec and Endpoint Security, RightFax, Proofpoint email gateway appliance, Websense, Avaya Modular Messaging, Avaya Definity PBX, VOIP, T1/DSL management, Equallogic iSCSI SAN, DroboPro iSCSI SAN, RAID standards, and WIFI. From June 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 8 months) Infrastructure Manager @ • Managed, coached, and developed five technical support professionals to ensure high customer service levels.
• Managed enterprise IT network and telecommunications infrastructure, servers, SAN, firewalls, wireless networks, 650 PCs and notebooks for two primary data centers (50 servers) and 39 branch offices.
• Managed and negotiated over $2,000,000 in annual hardware, software and consulting purchases to provide the best products and services at competitive prices.
• Developed and revised strategies, policies, and procedures for hardware and software usage.
• Designed, implemented and actively managed a redundant BGP router and firewall solution to ensure 99.999% uptime.
• Implemented a helpdesk ticketing system to track and implement service level agreements resulting in improved end-user satisfaction and quantifiable results.
• Implemented, configured and actively managed a redundant firewall solution which significantly reduced the risk of security breaches, improved throughput, and decreased downtime.
• Trained new employees/agents on leveraging technology to maximize sales performance.
• Managed server applications including a Citrix Presentation Server 4.0 farm, Exchange 2003 messaging, Kerio MailServer, Compellent Fiber Channel SAN, Vircom ModusGate email gateway, Numara TrackIt! Helpdesk ticketing system, SQL 2000/2005, Blackberry Enterprise Server, Symantec BackupExec, WhatsUp Gold, OpenText RightFax, IIS, FTP, Active Directory, IPsec VPN, RRAS, DHCP, DNS, and WINS. From January 2002 to May 2007 (5 years 5 months) IT Manager @ • Supervised and coordinated the schedule for the IT Administrator.
• Managed videoconferencing communications with our Chinese offices.
• Evaluated, redesigned and implemented a new WAN infrastructure.
• Designed and published detailed standards and policy documents.
• Maintained the corporate MS Exchange email infrastructure.
• Served as primary decision maker for all IT-related purchases. From 2001 to 2002 (1 year) Greater Chicago AreaIT Manager @ • Managed and developed a team of two network administrators.
• Designed and implemented the entire computer network, email, and telephony infrastructure for a financial services startup with offices in New York and Chicago.
• Designed and implemented a VPN solution to securely connect branch offices and remote users.
• Selected, implemented, and configured firewalls.
• Installed, administered, and maintained the MS Exchange 2000 server infrastructure.
• Designed, selected, and implemented Lucent Merlin phone system.
• Responsible for procurement of all hardware, software, and telecommunications equipment.
• Developed strategies, policies, and procedures for hardware and software usage.
• Translated business requirements to technical specifications for Siebel and performed Siebel administration.
• Automated the Siebel administration and data entry process.
• Installed and configured Bloomberg workstations. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Midwest Technology Infrastructure Merger Project Manager @ June 1998 to December 1998
• Appointed by Executive Management to design and implement the post-merger technology infrastructure plan to move the three organization’s disparate systems to a new location with a homogeneous environment.
• Interviewed technical branch liaisons, gathered user requirements, and utilized a “Best Practices” approach to ensure user sponsorship and system functionality after the rollover.
• Integrated UNIX, AS/400, UNISYS, Novell Netware, and Windows NT platforms.
• Instituted technical standards for the training center (50 seats), development center (150 seats), and video conferencing system with links to domestic and international locations.
• Procured $500,000 of additional equipment and services within three months.
• Conducted all vendor selections and managed vendor relationships.
• Designed and implemented a racked server system to optimize space and management capabilities. From October 1996 to March 2000 (3 years 6 months) Greater Chicago AreaNetwork Manager @ October 1996 to May 1998
• Solely managed the PC/LAN operations for the Chicago branch (150 users).
• Chaired the Technology Committee and served as the liaison to the Executive Committee.
• Configured and distributed laptops for remote users.
• Installed and configured routers, switches, and hubs.
• Implemented roaming user profiles, policies, and log on scripts.
• Developed and maintained a hardware and software inventory tracking database.
• Executed back-up and recovery using ArcserveIT and DAT/DLT autoloader tape drives.
• Performed network performance monitoring and troubleshooting.
• Worked full-time while attending the Local Area Network Program at DePaul University. From October 1996 to March 2000 (3 years 6 months) Greater Chicago AreaRegional IT Manager @ January 1999 to March 2000
• Promoted twice within the span of two years.
• Managed a team of five: three local systems engineers and two remote systems engineers.
• Hired and trained two administrators and established performance goals and measurements.
• Created the Midwest LAN architecture, PC support strategy, budget, performance goals, and policy and procedure guidelines for the six regional offices.
• Designed technology implementation strategies and procedures as a member of the Enterprise Technology Committee.
• Evaluated, authorized, and procured hardware and software purchases for the Midwest region.
• Implemented an ISDN/PRI remote access solution using a Cisco 3600 router.
• Administered multiple MS Exchange 5.5 servers.
• Configured and maintained an intranet web server running IIS 4.0.
• Administered Windows NT user accounts, designed the security model, and assigned permissions.
• Administered Compaq ProLiant and Dell PowerEdge servers. From 1996 to 2000 (4 years) Greater Chicago AreaGroup Sales Rep @ Group Sales Rep From 1992 to 1994 (2 years)
LAN Program, Networking @ DePaul University From 1997 to 1997 Certificate, Computer Career Program @ DePaul University From 1995 to 1996 MBA, Finance @ Creighton University From 1991 to 1992 BSBA, Finance @ Creighton University From 1987 to 1991 Randy Schumaker is skilled in: Information Technology, Infrastructure Projects, Technology Integration, Technology Implementation, Technology Planning, Help Desk Management, VMware, Vendor Management, Hardware Purchasing, Purchasing Management, Software Implementation, Database Administration, People Management, Project Implementation, MCSE
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension