EGM - Infotainment/Telematics Systems: GCC CTO @ General Motors
Principal Consultant @ Techguru Systems
Head Mobile Broadband Solutions - Chief Technology Office @ Tata Communications
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @
Isenberg School of Management, UMass Amherst
An entrepreneurial strategic technology & business leader, having extensive experience delivering next generation technology solutions, architectural frameworks, service innovation, delivery platforms, customer solutions and leading cross functional teams charged with developing cutting edge mobile broadband and networking technologies. A strategic leader known for thought leadership, business acumen, exceptional communication and leadership skills, executive guidance, market development, technology
An entrepreneurial strategic technology & business leader, having extensive experience delivering next generation technology solutions, architectural frameworks, service innovation, delivery platforms, customer solutions and leading cross functional teams charged with developing cutting edge mobile broadband and networking technologies. A strategic leader known for thought leadership, business acumen, exceptional communication and leadership skills, executive guidance, market development, technology advocacy, customer consulting and closing high value business with key decision makers.
- Envision convergence domains of technology transformation and develop next generation networking technology solutions
e.g. Mobility, NFV & SDN convergence, Mobility convergence (LTE-A, Het-Net, Wi-Fi), FMC-Fixed mobile convergence
- Develop Telco 2.0 service architectural framework to enable open access for services & content independent of the core network to deliver emerging multimedia applications and services across wireless, wire-line, circuit, packet-core, transit and transport networks.
e.g. Multiscreen video delivery, CDN, M2M(IOT), IMS, VoLTE, Unified Messaging, MM applications
- Develop emerging technology, product & Service incubation strategy including patents, product development, management, business modeling, trials, Go-to-Market, launch and commercialization .
- Develop global partner strategy and technology portfolio management including collaboration, alliances, acquisitions and standards leadership.
- Standards development with chair/co-chair leadership position in - GSMA, 3GPP. 3GPP2, WiMAX, WBA, ONF, TIA, OMA
Specialties: Technology & business strategy, architectural frameworks, standards leadership, Diverse Team Building & leadership, customer and technology advocacy, Requirements, solutions, consulting, collaboration, go-to-market strategies, emerging technology incubation & Launch.
EGM - Infotainment/Telematics Systems: GCC CTO @ Providing leadership to the new business enablement and design of next generation architectural framework of GM’s OnStar network system for connected smart cars project; including MVNO infrastructure on 4G wireless LTE/GSM network, back-office network, embedded vehicle wireless device, security network, proximity device connectivity, and vehicle apps framework by creating service layer abstraction to enable services eco-system evolution. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 5 months) Principal Consultant @ Offering advisory and expert consulting on Network 2.0 ( SDN & NFV Network transition), technology evaluation, wireless mobile & fixed broadband networking solution, mobility solutions and subject matter expertise for telecom vendors, service providers, enterprises, financial, patent, law firms and other industry verticals. From October 2013 to Present (2 years 3 months) Greater New York City AreaHead Mobile Broadband Solutions - Chief Technology Office @ Lead Tata Communications mobile broadband Product & services CTO with technology & Strategic vision:
Defined the vision of NFV & Mobile convergence, cloud hosted mobile core & mobile data services architecture framework using virtualization technology to offer “scale as you grow” business model to serve emerging market economies; led customer advocacy for adoption.
Defined & architected new product concepts including mobility applications framework, cloud hosted Policy enforcement (PCRF, PCEF) in mobile core, IMS, M2M, CDN, Telepresence, Video delivery, Wi-Fi offload, Wi-Fi Roaming and LTE roaming, Data Center, OSS/BSS; developed global partnership and vendor strategy to create and grow market opportunity. From February 2012 to September 2013 (1 year 8 months) Greater New York City AreaAdvisor & Industry Mentor @ Provide Industry perspective and advice to Real Time Communications Lab projects that would form the foundation of future products and innovation in Industry such as P2P SIP, WebRTC etc. From 2009 to 2012 (3 years) Greater Chicago AreaSenior Solutions Architect @ Lead Juniper’s mobility solutions engineering organization to build a Center of Excellence for Solution Architecture and Engineering with thought leadership and technology directions.
• Built mobile data center, EPC (MME/SGSN, SGW/PGW/GGSN, HSS, DNS) & end-to-end LTE solution test lab.
• Defined Mobile backhaul architecture with network security, high availability, scalability, reliability for millions of mobile nodes using DSL, Ethernet, VPN, MPLS, and multimedia service delivery solution.
• Defined business strategy and market leadership using strategic and tactical approaches to target SP mobile core business opportunities, developed strategic relations with Industry partners, and customers relations with Tier-1 & 2 operators in north America & Europe, responded to RFI, RFQ’s, influencing major contract wins. From October 2010 to September 2011 (1 year) Co-founder & CTO @ VoIP and social networking start up company focused on developing real time Peer to Peer communications technology delivering video, voice and rich media communications over IP. Co-founded and contributed to the vision, team, business plan development, implementation of core strategies, architecture and product engineering. From November 2009 to October 2010 (1 year) Distinguished Member - Chief Technology Office @ Led Motorola Network’s CTO (Network Advanced Technologies) R&D initiatives; defined Motorola LTE/WiMAX Mobile Broadband Wireless Access vision; all IP 4G/3G/2G wireless and core network architecture framework evolution; conducted technology trials; defined strategic directions and recommend Motorola senior leadership for future technology investments.
Collaborated with research labs, incubated new product/features ideas, led innovation initiatives, developed patents and technical/business plan to launch new technology for commercialization.
Worked closely with system engineering, product development teams to identify and solve critical product design challenges; propose system solutions, propose innovative ideas/extensions; propose reference designs, identified Industry trends, contributed to company’s technology portfolio and product road map vision, developed tactical and strategic plans and provided standards leadership to align companies technology and product road map vision in standards.
Worked closely with customers and service providers; identified their short and long term evolution requirements, delivered high value innovative solutions, provided advocacy and consulting to customer key decision makers to shape their vision, create alliances, influencing collaboration, strategic partnership and major business wins; delivered high value presentations in industry forums and workshops for technology evangelism and to create Industry mind share.
Led Motorola Global Standards initiatives; developed eco-system partnership; provided strategic standards leadership and led architecture evolution work in 3GPP RAN, WiMAX NWG/NWIOT, 3GPP2 TSG-C, TIA TR45.5, IETF, OMA; developing LTE/SAE, WiMAX, UMTS, CDMA2000, eHRPD, GSM/GPRS/EDGE, IMS, VoIP, SIP, POC, IM, ROHC etc. technologies. From September 2003 to November 2009 (6 years 3 months) Principal Staff Innovation Manager @ • Incubated all IP 4G wireless access and core network architecture framework design which led to the foundation of LTE & WiMAX architectures in 3GPP & WiMAX Forum.
• Led Motorola "Radical cost reduction initiative" & re-architected legacy RAN back haul with all IP back-haul & MPLS backbone solution to achieve over 30% CAPEX-OPEX cost reduction for highly competitive network deployment bids.
• Led development of system requirements, Radio Resource Management algorithms and simulation models using NS & motion simulator for UMTS RNC, EDGE and GPRS to achieve 20%+ performance improvement.
• Incubated the “Enabling wireless IP applications architectural framework” initiative, delivered early stage IMS architecture design, RoHC RFC in IETF and Invented “Wireless Sockets” a disruptive technology.
• Championed “Functional partitioning and architecture design for 3G wireless data network” and Led the development of UMTS WCDMA Layer 2&3 in 3GPP-RAN2 and CDMA2000 1X-EV-DV in 3GPP2 TSG-C WGs. From May 1998 to September 2003 (5 years 5 months) Radio Access Network Architect @ Technical lead - System Engineering and Call Processing Software Architecture design for the NA-TDMA (IS-136) and CDMA (IS-95) Cellular-PCS Base Station using soft-switch architecture and BTS software development using C &C++ on Unix & OSDS. From January 1997 to May 1998 (1 year 5 months) GSM System Architect @ Designed System & Software architecture for Alcatel 2nd generation DCS-GSM-1800/900 system including OMC-R system and an innovative A-bis Interface solution to inter-connect MicroCells. Designed Software Architecture for ISDN (Q-931), ISUP and SS 7. From January 1994 to December 1996 (3 years)
MS, Computer Science @ Illinois Institute of TechnologyMaster of Business Administration (MBA) @ Isenberg School of Management, UMass AmherstBS, Electronics & Communication engineering @ National Institute of Technology Tiruchirappalli Rajeev Ranjan is skilled in: Leadership, Strategy, Strategic Planning, Patents, Mobile Technology, LTE, WiMAX, WiFi, WCDMA, Standards Development, Solution Architecture, Core Network, Product Management, Network Architecture, Wireless Broadband
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension