Country Manager - Central America and Caribbean @
Latin America Product Manager / Medical Products @
Marketing Manager @ Magic Dental C.A
Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Naval Engineering @
Instituto Universitario Politecnico de las Fuerzas Armadas Nacionales (IUPFAN)
Highly accomplished sales and marketing manager with 15 years of experience in the commercialization of medical capital equipment and consumables devices in Latin America at world leading healthcare companies. Results-oriented, hands-on professional with a proven record of accomplishments. Demonstrated abilities leading distributors and sales teams to meet and exceed sales revenue, market share and gross margin. Major
Highly accomplished sales and marketing manager with 15 years of experience in the commercialization of medical capital equipment and consumables devices in Latin America at world leading healthcare companies. Results-oriented, hands-on professional with a proven record of accomplishments. Demonstrated abilities leading distributors and sales teams to meet and exceed sales revenue, market share and gross margin. Major strengths include leadership, relationship-building, financial, negotiations and problem solving skills.
Country Manager - Central America and Caribbean @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Latin America Product Manager / Medical Products @ $6B Company with more than 30.000 employees worldwide in the healthcare & camera consumer industry.
Responsible for the development, execution and monitoring of the US$15M GI medical equipment strategic marketing plan including budgeting, pricing, forecasting, field support of sales force and physician product evaluations.
• Effectively designed, executed and monitored the launch plan for the Evis Exera III and Optera endoscope systems in Latin America, this marketing plan included market analysis, pre-launch product testing, pricing, forecasting, design of promotional material, sales force training, launch event, customers evaluation plan and field sales support that resulted in US$ 4.7M sales and surpassed the budgeted sales plan by 4%.
• Supported the implementation of the GI sales and marketing plan for the development of new distributors in Chile, Colombia, Peru and Guatemala that resulted in the successful achievement of each country sales budget.
• Developed and successfully implemented sales promotions in various countries to increase sales of strategic products and surpassed the sales objectives by 5%.
• Effectively coordinated Olympus participation at mayor Latin America GI trade shows including event product strategies, contracting, design of booth and promotional material, equipment logistics, pre-event meetings, symposiums and customer leads generation and follow up.
• Provided support to distributors in the review of tender bid technical specifications and designed comprehensive products offering and pricing options that resulted in the winning of the various bid process. From June 2012 to Present (3 years 7 months) Miami/Fort Lauderdale AreaMarketing Manager @ Family owned dental supplies distributor.
• Designed and supported execution of the business plan that include market analysis, operations, marketing, pricing, sales and financial budget of the company that resulted in 30% revenue growth in 2011.
• Negotiated product purchase with international suppliers and provided support on country’s regulatory sales permits approval, increasing sales by 15%.
• Designed and established target compensation plans for the sales force that resulted in $120K additional sales. From January 2010 to June 2012 (2 years 6 months) Cordis Sales Manager @ $2.5B Johnson and Johnson subsidiary specialized in interventional procedures devices in the Cardiovascular, Endovascular, Neurovascular and Electrophysiology businesses.
Responsible for both Venezuela and Peru with sales of $6M and 40 accounts. Created a network of 10 specialized distributors. Directed a highly qualified team of four-people. Managed the budget and consigned inventory. Monitored P&L execution.
• Selected runner-up for the best Cordis sales manager award of Latin America in 2008, won the Cordis best sub-region excellence award of Latin America in 2006 and 2007 and the USA Cordis School Valedictorian award in 2007.
• Increased sales from $2M to $6M in four years, by developing and executing a strategic business plan with clear activities that improved customer relations, distribution channel and sales force skills.
• Designed and executed a project to improve the company’s geographical coverage through distributors, increased client base by 30% and generated $2M in additional sales.
• Hired, coached and developed specific plans that improved the skills of my team and accelerated their careers
• Successfully launched new products on time including diagnostic and interventional catheters; coronary and endovascular stents and balloons. Achieved 120% of quota and $800K in sales.
• Implemented an endovascular products professional educational program with KOL, a computer assisted simulator and hands-on cases in the Cath lab that resulted in a sales increase of 30%.
• Re-launched the neurovascular business in Venezuela, reached sales of $2.0M and achieved 660% of business plan.
• Led the launching of the Biosense Webster business in Venezuela, sold three $200K CARTO Heart Mapping System reaching sales of $1.2M in equipment and consumables.
• Developed a clinical plan to train four medical teams and drive the utilization of the CARTO System. From January 2006 to December 2009 (4 years) ETHICON - Product Specialist. Andean Region @ $4.5B Johnson & Johnson subsidiary specialized in wound closure, biosurgical and hernia meshes products for general, cardiovascular, OBGYN, orthopedics, urology, plastic, ENT and ophthalmic surgical procedures.
Hired by Johnson & Johnson´s MBA International Recruitment Development Program in the U.S. to lead the business development in the Andean Region (Venezuela, Colombia, Ecuador and Peru).
• Led the development, implementation and monitoring of the marketing strategic plan of the team that won the Best ETHICON Region award in Latin America both in 2004 and 2005. Increased 20% of sales for a total income of $40M.
• Successfully launched six new products including cardiovascular sutures, hernia meshes and biosurgicals. Trained 22 sales representatives surpassing the sales target in each of the products by more than 20%.
• Executed seven hands-on hernia professional education events with KOL in the operating room to 31 general surgeons that resulted in a sales increase of over 30% in hernia meshes and reached $4M in sales.
• Organized and executed a one week promotional event in Cali with four seniors sales representatives that accelerated the sales of new and current products and reached 115% of annual territory quota with $1.5M in sales.
• Negotiated, organized and participated in seven conferences, symposiums and trade shows in the region.
• Designed and printed a customized product catalog and 10 product brochures for the region.
• Responsible for market research, pricing and forecasting of more than 400 current and new product codes.
• Designed specific sales contests to motivate the sales force and accelerate the introduction of new products.
• Organized the participation on a meeting of regional KOL and R&D product managers to evaluate new products.
• Sold new and current hernia meshes in my territory reaching 140% of quota. From May 2004 to December 2005 (1 year 8 months) MBA Admission Director Assistant @ • Advised MBA applicants on admissions requirements, received all applications with supporting documentation and elaborated more than 300 MBA applicant’s admission files on time to be reviewed by the admission director. From January 2003 to June 2003 (6 months) ETHICON Sales Representative @ • Venezuela best sales representative in 2001 and runner up in the Andean Region countries.
• Implemented strategic marketing plans and surpassed specific yearly sales goals. Total sales of $ 1.2M.
• Increased year sales over 30 %, upgrading products, arresting competition and increasing market share from 30 % to 80% in major customers. From January 2000 to September 2002 (2 years 9 months) Field Engineer @ $ 27.5B World’s leading supplier of technology and solutions for the oil and gas industry.
• Leader in well candidate recognition, bid design, financial modeling, logistics and execution of stimulation jobs with hydraulic fracture, matrix acidification and sand control techniques in oil wells to clients that included PDVSA, Phillips, Chevron, and Shell.
• Leader in execution of jobs with revenues over $ 250K each.
• Supervised and executed offshore operations with a team of 12 personnel assigned with over $ 5M of high pressure pumping equipment on a stimulation barge. From January 1997 to January 1999 (2 years 1 month) Intern @ Government owned oil and gas company.
• Developed a technical-economical study of feasibility for the building of a maintenance shipyard for tugs and boats of PDVSA.
• Visited, inspected and elaborated a market research document of all shipyard for fisher boats, barges, oil industry service boats, tugs, ferries and tanker ships in Venezuela.
• Supervised for 6 weeks the major maintenance of an oil tanker ship. From July 1995 to July 1996 (1 year 1 month)
Master of Business Administration (MBA), Sales & Marketing @ The University of Dallas From 2002 to 2004 Bachelor of Science (B.S.), Naval Engineering @ Instituto Universitario Politecnico de las Fuerzas Armadas Nacionales (IUPFAN) From 1990 to 1996 Rafael Gamez is skilled in: Strategic Planning, Market Research, Forecasting, Business Development, Sales, Team Leadership, Financial Analysis, Medical Devices, Global Marketing, Market Development, Market Analysis, Product Development, Sales Operations, Sales Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension