Test Automation Specialist (contractor) @ Telstra, Digital Engineering
Staff Software Engineer @ IBM, China Systems and Technology Lab
Software Engineer with 5+ years of industry experience in test automation development as well as manual testing. Excellent design and coding skills, with the ability to write test automation frameworks and test scripts in Java/Python. Strong understanding of AGILE best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD). A good problem solver, with a
Software Engineer with 5+ years of industry experience in test automation development as well as manual testing. Excellent design and coding skills, with the ability to write test automation frameworks and test scripts in Java/Python. Strong understanding of AGILE best practices, like Test-Driven Development (TDD), Continuous Integration and Behavior-Driven Development (BDD). A good problem solver, with a passion for conquering difficult issues.
- Agile software development lifecycles (Scrum, Continuous Integration, TDD, BDD, etc.).
- Test automation and framework design (Java/Python, Selenium, REST web service, SOAP, TestNG, Cucumber-JVM， SoapUI).
- Continuous Integration (Jenkins, Python, shell scripting).
- Test requirements gathering (from use cases or user stories or communication with developers/stakeholders).
- Test design (test plans, test conditions, test cases).
- Test implementation (maintaining test environment and executing test cases).
- Defect management.
- Knowledge of SQL
- Strong technical documentation and communication skills.
Test Automation Analyst @ 1. Maintained .NET-based GUI automation framework and fixed related defects
2. Designed and developed automated test cases using Selenium/Java-based framework
3. Created, maintained and executed (data-driven) automated test scripts. Delivered test result within resource and time constraints
4. Communicated effectively with feature team leads/project managers to ensure test outcomes adhered to agreed quality standards
5. Participated in regular project stand-ups and raised issues/risks if any From April 2015 to September 2015 (6 months) Staff Software Engineer @ 1. Design and development of test automation framework
2. Test scripts development with Java, REST API, Selenium, etc
3. Continuous Integration establishment and maintenance, with a private cloud
4. Test activities including: test planning, test design, test execution and defect tracking From March 2010 to September 2014 (4 years 7 months) Shanghai City, ChinaAssoc Software Engineer @ 1. Test planning, test design and test execution
2. Test automation script development
3. Research on security technologies From July 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 7 months) Beijing City, ChinaSoftware Developer (intern) @ 1. EJB and database schema development
2. WebService development From July 2006 to May 2007 (11 months) Shanghai City, China
Bachelor's Degree, Computer Software Engineering, 4.3 of 5.0 @ Tongji University From 2003 to 2007 Qian (Ken) ZHU is skilled in: Java, Python, Test Automation, REST, Selenium WebDriver, Continuous Integration, Jenkins, Linux, Bash, Software Development, Test Driven Development, Test Planning, Web Services, Computer Security, Test Cases
Looking for a different
Qian (Ken) ZHU?
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension