Senior Hardware & Software Design Engineer @ Embedded Technology System Solutions, Inc.
Senior Hardware and Software Design Engineer - Contractor @
I accept hands on end to end turnkey product development projects and consultant / Contract work. Architecture design, Digital and Analog circuit design, PCB, wireless, Telecommunications system development and validation (TDMA, CDMA, LTE, VOIP), Micro controller MCU, DSP, FPGA, CPLD, PCB, Sensor Network, Digital Signal processing Hardware, Firmware and Software Design and validation. Short distance wireless custom
I accept hands on end to end turnkey product development projects and consultant / Contract work. Architecture design, Digital and Analog circuit design, PCB, wireless, Telecommunications system development and validation (TDMA, CDMA, LTE, VOIP), Micro controller MCU, DSP, FPGA, CPLD, PCB, Sensor Network, Digital Signal processing Hardware, Firmware and Software Design and validation. Short distance wireless custom hardware. Digital power converter design, Industrial, High Reliability and Temperature Hardware Design, Oil and Gas industry down hole tools development Telecommunication, Battery and ASIC functional prototyping, pre and post ASIC verification, Simulation, Static timing analysis, Project management, Out of the box mentality when working on the project to think of feature, capability and solutions for the product.
Senior Hardware and Software Design Engineer - Subcontractor @ Engineer: Customer Support - III for NEW TECHNOLOGY GROUP From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Senior Hardware & Software Design Engineer @ Accepting consultant / contract opportunity and end to end turnkey custom product development for Firmware / Software, Hardware, Device Driver, Functional Validation, Technical Advisor, Technical Sale, Project management. Turn Idea from Drawing on Napkin or well defined specification to functional prototype.
• Provide Design engineering services shown in this resume for Telecommunication, ASIC, Battery (Fuel gauging, Charger, Smart LED Flash light, Air Zinc battery control, Speech recognition), Power conversion, Oil and Gas Down hole Sensors and control, Solar (Power Line Communication PLC, Wireless monitoring and Control, IoT, Space, Military, Animal feeder (RFID), Gaming (Wireless Poker Controller monitoring Buttons), Aero space, Medical.
• Designing replacement part for obsolescence devices. Integrated circuit. Modem algorithm, Protocol stack, Firmware and Hardware development
• Hardware and Firmware board bring up.
• Wireless Home Maintenance / Automation and Alert system with could interface. Design a low power Zigbee wireless board using Atmega256rfr2 (Official Atmel AVR Consultant / Partner) using serial net Atmel stack and Zigbee Light Link stack. Currently working on an improved version using Sub-1GHz technology.
• C, C++, Assembly, Verilog, VHDL Programming, Soft core for 8051 and Z80, Perl, Python and Ruby scripting
• FPGA, CPLD, MCU, DSP, Cortex M4, M0, A7 ARM, TI C2000 Piccolo Delfino DSP, Analog Devices and Freescale DSP’s ,Hardware design and programming
• Research for vision wear with imaging electronics to help Macular degeneration patients From January 2004 to Present (12 years) Senior Hardware and Software Design Engineer - Contractor @ Solar system technology Product development
PLC, Wireless monitoring and control From January 2015 to August 2015 (8 months) Senior Hardware and Software Design Engineer - Contractor @ Part of development team, Developed and build working prototype for custom OBD2 interface and wireless PCB for Automotive application. This was a fast pace development cycle to meet end client production date working 7 days a week to meet the goals.
Working with these technologies, PIC24HJ128, Atmel MCU, CAN, ISO PWM VPW, ISO KWP, J1850 Bus Interface, ECU simulator, PCB fabrication and manufacturing, Contract manufacturing, Hardware and software testing and functional validation. From August 2014 to September 2014 (2 months) Senior Hardware & Software Design Engineer - Subcontractor @ Zigbee Light Link Product development (ZLL)
LED lighting low power remote contral firmware design and validation using Atmel zigbee wireless ZLL certified stack. From November 2013 to April 2014 (6 months) Senior Hardware & Software Design Engineer - Contractor @ Emtec Solution (Embedded Technology System Solution)
Senior Embedded Hardware & Software design Engineer
Firmware and algorithm development, hardware support, and functional validation for Cirasys, a power conversion controls company. Project focuses on Cirasys' state space-based, digital nonlinear DC-DC power converter controls for boost and buck-boost converters. Implemented and validated this technology on TI C2000 DSP/MCU Delfino (TMS320F28335) and Piccolo (TMS320F2869), and Freescale DSP (MC56F48786, MC56F48xx), STMicro ARM Cortex M4 (STMF407VGT, STMF303), exceeding project requirements by improving performance of algorithms within original schedule From July 2012 to October 2013 (1 year 4 months) Turnkey Product Developer - Contractor @ Consultant Engineering services for Energizer Battery. Product developer, digital, analog circuit, system design. Micro controller and DSP firmware / software. Wireless, Low power High performance systems. Also have projects for indoor low power RF application. ASIC, FPGA, CPLD, Power supply design, Control application, value added tools, Low power Design. Accept turn key product development. From November 2005 to February 2012 (6 years 4 months) Senior Hardware & Software Design Engineer - Subcontractor @ Consultant Engineering services for Energizer Battery and Halliburton. Product developer, digital, analog circuit, system design. Micro controller and DSP firmware / software. Wireless, Low power High performance systems. Also have projects for indoor low power RF application. ASIC, FPGA, CPLD, High Temperature, High Reliability Hardware Design, Oil Industry down hole application, Low power Design. Accept turn key product development. From January 2005 to November 2011 (6 years 11 months) Senior Hardware & Software Design Engineer - Subcontractor @ Subcontractor for AMI Semiconductor (On Semi) for ASIC prototyping, Simulation and testing. Firmware for bench marking and device operation. Bench testing, Firmware diagnostics and benchmart test code, ARM7, ARM11, AMBA bus, Simulation, Eval board development, FPGA, CPLD, DSP, soft IP for Z80, 8051, Medical devices, Automotive and test tools, PCB layout. From January 2004 to December 2008 (5 years) Technical Advisor - (Hardware, Software, System Design) @ Contributed to design, development, verification and support of CDMA 1XRTT Base Station Controller (BSC) Platform and support of the Cell site (BTS). Maintenance data base configuration for the PDSN. Hardware and software, modification and debugging for:
• NT SCIS (L2TP, Messaging, Processor, Ethernet, time switch)
• ESEL (DSP, CDMA voice channels, speech coding) software and hardware modification and debugging.
• CDMA lab support for interfaces to OC3 and T1/E1 links.
• Supported software integration and testing. From December 2002 to December 2003 (1 year 1 month) Technical Advisor - (Hardware, Software, System Design) @ Team leader, System design, Architect, Wireless, Wire line, Voice and data telecommunication products, Firmware, Hardware , Debugging, Problem solving, Product development, Algorithm, Product specification, Commercial specifications, Proposals, Coaching and helping other Hardware and software designers. From 1980 to 2003 (23 years) CDMA design lab Manager and Technical Advisor @ Responsible for the CDMA design lab equipments (DMS100, MTX, PBX, BSC, BTS, RF equipments, CDSU, SUN workstations) and staff.
• Manage lab tech staff daily assignments.
• Scheduled lab resources and communicate system status with the design team
• Provided staff feed back for the year end performance review.
• Worked with the team to resolve any technical issue with the TDMA and CDMA MSC, BSC, BTS and any test equipments like code test emulators and logic analyzer. From December 2001 to December 2002 (1 year 1 month) Technical Advisor - (Hardware, Software, System Design) @ Team leader, System design, Architect, Wireless, Wire line, Voice and data telecommunication products, Firmware, Hardware , Debugging, Problem solving, Product development, Algorithm, Product specification, Commercial specifications, Proposals, Coaching and helping other Hardware and software designers. From 1985 to 2001 (16 years) Technical Advisor - (Hardware, Software, System Design) @ Contributed to design, development, and verification and supported enhanced features for the Nortel TDMA Base Station and Cell site Controller.
• Supported the hardware design team for the Processor board with Motorola 68060 and High Speed Memory to achieve required performance. Integration team.
• Design and implemented the firmware for the RMTC (Cell site controller, Processor 68040) .
• Re-Design and implemented the system timing synchronization software and firmware for the RMTC to fix system timing and reliability issues.
• Provided hardware and software design support to the TDMA design team for the MTX, ICP, ICRM, DSPM, TDMA Dual Mode Radio, Enhanced Time switch (Motorola 56xxx DSP, Constant delay time switch, Base station controller, Cell site controller, DSP Module for TDMA vo-coder resource pull, DSP shelf, circuit pack and interface and control design) From December 1993 to December 2000 (7 years 1 month) Technical Advisor - (Hardware, Software, System Design) @ DMS-300, DMS-500 International Gateway Switch Design Support
Technical Advisor working wit the field customer verification team to identify hardware, software and firmware design problem and recommend patches to fix problems and work with designers to propagate the fixes to the source code and schematics.
• Worked on computing module, message processor, time switch, trunk controller, tone receivers, tone senders, T1, E1 links, International tones for signaling.
Enhanced Time Switch (1993 support up to 2003)
Technical Advisor for redesign, verification and support for the Enhanced Time Switch Circuit Pack.
• Addition of new features to double capacity for the peripheral side time slots.
• Enhanced switching capabilities to include peripheral to peripheral switching while preserving end-to-end signaling.
• Supported manufacturing introduction and regulatory testing.
• Design and Implement DTC time slot monitoring tools built into the time switch circuit pack to assist designers for detecting and debugging filed issues (Using Altera EPLD) From December 1992 to December 1993 (1 year 1 month) ICP, DSPM Team Leader - (Hardware, Software, System Design) @ Responsible for design, development, verification, introduction and support for ICP T1/E1 Time Switch for the Nortel TDMA Base Station and Cell Site Controller.
• Combined Processor and Time Switch boards while increasing performance with Motorola 68040 and High Speed Memory. Responsible for the Firmware drivers, system timing synchronization to T1 and worked with the hardware designers as advisor to integrate, review the design and provide suggestion and design problem solving.
• Designed diagnostics software to test 68040 Processor interface CPLD and assist hardware designers to provide hardware design changes to fix problems and enhance the performance and increase the quality of the product.
• Part of the design team to implement dual bank field upgradeable Firmware using the EEPROMs and Lattice CPLD.
• Contributed to the design team to ensured Hot-Insertion of Circuit Board in redundant system, embedded hardware assist diagnostics test circuit, Increase hardware test capability by providing loop back control and test registers in the data path.
• Enhance Time Switch redesign technical advisor to add new features
• Team leader for the DSPM hardware design team. Contribute in the system, architecture, hardware and software design, verification and field issue debugging of the TDMA MSC, BSC, BTS, analog and digital dual mode radio(DRU).
• Responsible for the TDMA Base Station Controller Product specification. From December 1988 to December 1992 (4 years 1 month) Blue Box Fraud Detection using BitSlice DSP @ Responsible for redesign of the DSP filters and firmware for a 480 channel SF, MF and DTMF tone receiver for re-origination and Blue Box Fraud Detection feature in the long distance carrier switch (DMS-250).
Responsible for redesign of the Motorola 68HC000 processor firmware and software. (68000 assembly, BNR Pascal, Protel, Micro kernel).
• Re-design the firmware and software to improve real-time, capacity and verify the design for all the time domain and frequency domain specification and speech talk off specification.
• Hardware debugging, prototyping and support. Design change, release documentation, library firmware and software release process.
CMC Message Processor Firmware design (1987-1988)
Micro code firmware design for the CMC message processor connecting the DMS-250 (switch for the long distance service provider) DS30 link (2.5 Mb links) with redundancy link to connect billing server to the DMS-250.
Also responsible for hardware, software and designer system testing and debugging.
Specialized Tone Receiver using BitSlice DSP (STR) (1987 support up to 2003)
Responsible for the DSP (AMD 2909 Sequencer, 2900 bitslice ALU) daughter board Hardware and Microcode firmware implementing digital filters for a 480 channel DTMF tone receiver for re-origination feature in the long distance carrier switch (DMS-250).
Design team member for the mother board using the Motorola 68HC000 processor to implement control system, messaging and diagnostics, fault recovery.
• Firmware design specification and test specification for speech talk off testing of the DTMF receiver sensitivity during the speech or music or background noise.
• Setup in house meta assembler and define the 48 bits DSP board instructions.
• Design Prime for the firmware, implementing the DSP time domain processing of PCM speech samples, diagnostics code, messaging and all the drivers.
• Hardware debugging, prototyping and support. Design change and release documentation. From December 1987 to December 1988 (1 year 1 month) Meridian SL-100 and DMS-100 Disk Subsystem Design @ Responsible for disk subsystem and controller hardware and microcode firmware design and packaging for the Cellular MTX, DMS-100,250,500, MSL-100.
• Design Prime for Disk subsystem and controller product and commercial specification, Hardware, software and system diagnostics, utility and messaging.
• Design Prime for the disk controller Firmware design (Microcode, Bit slice 2900 family design, Priam disk interface and NT SCIS disk interface).
• Cost reduces the product by %83.
Danray CTSS4K, 1K, RSS250, PBX, Data switch Hardware Design Support (1982-1985)
Responsible for hardware design modification to the existing circuit packs for the listed telephone switches.
• Design modification to the Memory expansion boxes for the Nova 3 and Point 4 mini computer.
• Resolve field issues and provided hardware, software design solution for the Intercel, Mostak memory expansion boxes
• Hardware design modification to circuit packs in the Danray switches, Memory and CPU interface, speech synthesis, DTMF, MF sender, receiver, subsystem interfaces, 2 wires, 4 wire trunk interface card, disk controller and more. From January 1982 to December 1986 (5 years) Danray and Nortel Manufacture System Staging and Testing @ Responsible for the system staging, database configuration, testing and repair.
• Test, debug and fix wiring, shelf and subsystem problems for the PBX, CTSS4k,1K.
• Graduated from Devry University with BSEET degree. From January 1981 to December 1982 (2 years) Danray and Nortel Manufacture PC Board Testing and Repair @ Responsible for the testing and debugging of all the circuit packs used in the Danray telephone switches.
• Test debug and fix PC board problems using custom made tester modules and automated test equipment.
• Attend Devry University as a full time student seeking BSEET degree and working full time in the manufacturing at night. From January 1980 to December 1981 (2 years)
Bachelor's Degree, Electronics Engineering Technology @ Devry University From 1979 to 1982 Pirooz Najafi is skilled in: Firmware, Digital Signal Processors, Testing, Telecommunications, FPGA, Debugging, System Architecture, Hardware Architecture, CDMA, IP, LTE, Integration, Electronics, RF, Ethernet