Senior Manager, Talent Development @ Veeva Systems
Sr. Strategy Consultant - Human Resources @ Kaiser Permanente
University of California, Berkeley
I am a driven talent development professional with 8 years of experience advising and working for organizations in the areas of organizational and talent development and transformation. Key capabilities in managing projects, collaborating and leading teams, and executing programs and processes in employee and leadership development, training facilitation and delivery, learning content development, communications and change management.
I am a driven talent development professional with 8 years of experience advising and working for organizations in the areas of organizational and talent development and transformation. Key capabilities in managing projects, collaborating and leading teams, and executing programs and processes in employee and leadership development, training facilitation and delivery, learning content development, communications and change management. Passionate about implementing solutions to improve talent performance and business operations to achieve organizational goals.
Specialties: Training Development, Leadership and Manager Learning & Development, Virtual & Classroom Delivery, Train-the-Trainer Program Execution, Strategic & Global Communications, Change Management Planning & Execution, Project Management, Recruitment & Selection, Team Coaching & Management, Human Capital Consulting.
Senior Manager, Talent Development @ Help drive Manager Success and Employee Success by developing and executing global solutions to develop Veevans! I am working on manager onboarding; developing tools, resources, and programs; and delivering coaching and in-person training sessions. My goal is to constantly find creative ways to enable managers to grow and develop their teams to achieve customer success.
Veeva makes cloud software for the life sciences industry. We move fast, we’re growing quickly, and we are always looking for great people to join the team
Committed to innovation, product excellence, and customer success, Veeva has more than 300 customers, ranging from the world's largest pharmaceutical companies to emerging biotechs. Veeva is headquartered in the San Francisco Bay Area, with offices in Europe, Asia, and Latin America. For more information, visit www.veeva.com From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Sr. Strategy Consultant - Human Resources @ Selected to serve on new team initiated to drive HR transformation across the enterprise. Create detailed and tactical change management and stakeholder engagement plans to position strategic efforts with key stakeholders and impacted critical workforce segments. Develop presentation materials to document, summarize, and communicate strategies and plans to senior operations leaders, senior human resources leaders, and other stakeholders or involved parties.
- Added value by bringing best practices, structure, and standard processes and tools to core team and leadership stakeholders to manage transformational change. From September 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 1 month) Human Capital Manager @ Global Training / Learning Development
Led end-to-end training processes, logistics, training environment development and execution plans in a variety of functional areas (e.g., finance, supply chain, manufacturing, compliance, and human resources). Partnered with process owners and system developers to build relevant and clear instructor-led training materials (design documents, templates, course presentations, facilitator guides, quick reference cards, exercise data sheets, simulations).
- Educated a variety of end-user populations (~150-1,000 in size) and functional teams before and after go-live.
- Successfully advised clients on quality training program best practices and streamlined logistics related to training schedules, budgets, registration, materials, data requirements, training environment and Train-the-Trainer.
Developed, maintained and executed a communications strategy, plan and content for 20+ different program initiatives across global audiences. Improved project team engagement and awareness through awareness surveys, targeted tailored communications, and streamlined communication processes.
- Drove commitment to new practices of more than 50 global stakeholders and initiative team members, increasing process standardization and user adoption.
Global Communications / Change Management
Created and managed cross-functional business readiness, training and change management project plans. Executed daily project management activities (i.e., status reporting, risk and issue management, work plan, schedule and budget) for global technology implementation projects. Led collaborative discussions to help drive team results and decisions.
- Influenced clients to bring structure to team meetings, status reporting and quality deliverable development.
- Added value by bringing cross-functional and PMO (project management office) teams together to inform teams of change management solutions to prepare for Day One activities. From July 2007 to September 2013 (6 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaRecruiting and Selection Intern @ Hire and select talent for supervisor and student staff level positions for OSD orientation and academic and programs. Accountable for leading and application process and marketing campaigns for positions. Coordinated and tracked all candidates’ personal information, and application materials in MS Access databases.
- Designed and communicated work plans that outlined the required tasks, meetings, and deadlines for each step in the selection process.
- Facilitated trainings for all selection committees to build understanding around fair and appropriate selection techniques, policies, and requirements. From May 2006 to May 2007 (1 year 1 month) Academic Center Supervisor @ Directed all operations and administrative procedures for the Unit One ASC that served approximately 600 students during the academic years 2005-06 and 2006-07. Hired and supervised a team of 11 Academic Services Assistants each year to fulfill 35 single and double shifts. Designed and delivered orientation materials for all new hires.
- Implemented Unit One specific staff policies, shift schedules, team responsibilities, semester tasks, and problem solving guidelines to prepare staff for daily job activities to effective serve more than 230 student residents.
- Initiated mid-semester and end-of-the-semester performance evaluations to all staff members, reinforcing performance expectations and team effectiveness. From May 2005 to May 2007 (2 years 1 month) National Account Sales Intern @ Drafted product and program training grids for new account manager training on Aetna’s health care programs and products. Contributed to client meetings and prepared information and data for client quarterly meeting presentations. Initiated specific research and evaluated diagnostic reports on customer and network data. Conducted business research for new client opportunities. Administered claim analysis and collected data to identify health care network costs. From June 2005 to August 2006 (1 year 3 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Master’s Degree, Industrial and Organizational Psychology, 4.0 @ The Chicago School of Professional Psychology From 2014 to 2015 BS, American Studies; Concentration: American Organizations and Workplace Structures, 3.5 @ University of California, Berkeley From 2003 to 2007 Phylicia Jones is skilled in: Strategic Communications, Training & Development, Change Management, Employee Training, Management Consulting, Business Process Improvement, Recruiting, Leadership Development, Public Speaking, Organizational Development, Training, Human Resources, Leadership, Program Management, Performance Management