Senior Software Engineer Team Lead @ Booz Allen Hamilton
Senior Systems Engineer @ Booz Allen Hamilton
I have experience spanning Program/Project Management, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Leadership, R&D, Business Development, and Process Development. I have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and consistently interact with clients and senior leadership. I am very strong technically, and have strong business/financial knowledge. I have a broad range of professional interests including entrepreneurship, business leadership and management,
I have experience spanning Program/Project Management, Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Leadership, R&D, Business Development, and Process Development. I have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and consistently interact with clients and senior leadership. I am very strong technically, and have strong business/financial knowledge. I have a broad range of professional interests including entrepreneurship, business leadership and management, and real estate investing. Outside of my professional career I continue to advance my personal interests through education and hands-on experiences. I continually am reading books on leadership, management, investing, and real estate. I have purchased three investment properties (10 units total) and am the property manager. I have a lot of teaching experience spanning the last 15yrs.
• Strong technical leadership and program/project management experience encompassing agile software development, large commercial/government satellite development programs and $100M+ proposal management teams. Responsible for financial, schedule, and risk management aspects including preparing and briefing senior internal and external stakeholders
• Proven track record for identifying/implementing process & tool improvements to streamline operations at the team, department, and firm-wide levels
• Significant business development knowledge and experience covering all aspects of business development pipeline from long-range strategic planning to capture through proposal development
• Versatile team-player with ability to quickly adapt to new projects, elicit underlying customer requirements, and drive results in ambiguous business environments within large organizations
Specialties: Systems Engineering, Software Engineering, Leadership, Business Development, Process Improvement, Optimization, Program Management, Computers/Programming, IT Tools, Recruiting, Knowledge Management, and Control Systems
Senior Systems Engineer @ • Performing customer requirements elicitation, stakeholder analysis, requirements analysis, high-level architecture design, technical solution design, and program planning/management for a classified big data analytics solution.
• Authored a RFI and RFP to procure a technical system required to support analysis.
• Coordinated a Proof of Concept technology demonstrations to understand requirements and inform project design.
• Identified an off-the-shelf software solution allowing our client to avoid a costly and long-lead custom software development that easily would have taken 12+ months and cost tens of millions of dollars From July 2015 to Present (6 months) Software Development Lead @ • Spearheaded repurposing a strategic investment in a project management dashboard capability (poweredbyHelios.com) into a versatile software platform/framework that has been used to develop and deliver a diverse set of data analytics web applications for multiple clients
• Analyzed customer requirements, built detailed wireframe prototypes and led multiple agile software development teams in delivery of five client projects (~$1.5M revenue) and three internal investments (~$200K) projects that all have exceeded client and stakeholder expectations
• Worked with large client datasets and complex queries in RDBMS to help produce analytic dashboards to provide insight to key stakeholder questions
• Supported firm-wide initiative to develop alternative revenue streams and improve innovation; supported development of the West Coast innovation strategy and built LA software development capability
• Helped champion and stand-up an internal firm capability around R Shiny allowing us to demo, sell, and rapidly develop interactive, data-driven web apps for clients that provide detailed analytics which far surpass the traditional excel-based consulting deliverables (shiny.bah.com)
• Supported marketing and new business development of Booz Allen NextGen Analytics products (Polaris/Argo – boozallen.com/polaris) by building client marketing briefs and conducting business case studies regarding potential new software investments From August 2013 to July 2015 (2 years) Greater Los Angeles AreaTechnical Volume Capability Lead @ • Supported firm-wide proposal priorities across defense and commercial opportunities with values ranging from $20M Task Orders up to $1B+ Indefinite Delivery / Indefinite Quantity (IDIQ) contracts.
• Created firm-wide Intellectual Capital (IC) used by hundreds of staff covering how to write: Tech Volumes, Sample Task Orders (STOs), and Basis of Estimates (BoEs). Taught IC at numerous BD firm-wide events and to individual market teams
• Led and authored technical, management, and cost volumes on roughly ~20 proposals. Supported a variety of roles with increasing responsibility including Deputy Proposal Manager, Technical Volume Lead, Cost Volume Lead, Basis-of-Estimate lead, section author, and compliance lead
• Designed and developed MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project) proposal efficiency tools to improve the proposal development process. The tools have been downloaded by over 1000 staff and have been estimated to have saved the firm over 10,000hrs in time. From September 2010 to July 2013 (2 years 11 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaInstructor @ Co-taught an Introduction to Matlab course that introduced students to programming in Matlab through a 40-hr, 6 week long course. My co-instructor Steve Koffman and I taught the course 6 or 7 times and helped 100+ students achieve basic proficiency in Matlab for technical computing From March 2005 to August 2011 (6 years 6 months) Associate @ Worked as a Systems Engineer on the Transformational Satellite Communication System (TSAT) and Enhanced Polar System (EPS) Systems Engineering & Integration (SE&I) contracts. Led the planning and execution of the TSAT Interim Design Review (IDR) coordinating with Government, Aerospace, Booz Allen and the prime contractors (Boeing and Lockheed Martin) a multi-day review of the proposed $15B system. Led the planning and execution of a successful EPS delta-System Design Review (SDR) to ensure the program viability after major reduction in program funding. Co-author of the System Integration Plan (SIP) and developed/implemented the Government Furnished Property (GFP) process to ensure the Government would meet their commitments. From October 2008 to August 2010 (1 year 11 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaFlight Engineering Proposal Lead @ Assisted New Business Leadership by developing cost and technical volumes for Flight & Control Engineering. Worked on low-cost advanced avionics IRAD project to revolutionize the hardware/software responsible for platform control of the satellite. From January 2008 to September 2008 (9 months) Chief of Staff - Mobile Satellite Ventures @ Responsible for assisting the program manager with all aspects of program execution including: program planning, customer and executive briefings, risk and opportunity management, earned value management, program management best practices, internal audits, and change control boards. From June 2006 to December 2007 (1 year 7 months) Flight & Control Knowledge Management Lead @ Led a team of 9 employees on a Knowledge Management initiative aimed at improving knowledge capture, sharing, and reduce engineering cycle times and improve product quality. Team successfully built and deployed an internal department wiki and a searchable database of >4000 technical documents using a Google Search Appliance. Our department was viewed as a forerunner and we helped shape the overall KM strategy for our business unit (Space & Intelligence Systems) From January 2006 to December 2006 (1 year) IRAD Project Lead @ Led a team of 6 senior engineers to design a space-based metrology system. Responsible for $400K budget, financial and schedule status reporting, and worked as a systems engineer as an integral part of the design team. Filed three patent applications. From September 2004 to May 2006 (1 year 9 months) Attitude Control Subsystem Engineer @ Responsible for the control system design for the Scan Control & Data Handling (SCDH) subsystem of the Conical Microwave Imager Sounder (CMIS) payload on the NPOESS satellite. From August 2003 to August 2004 (1 year 1 month) Intern @ Worked in the Storage Systems Division at the IBM Cottle Road facility in San Jose. Responsible for working on server class hard drives and analyzing wear characteristics associated with load/unload cycles. Wrote image processing software in C to visualize wear characteristics of photos taken over time as additional cycles were completed. From January 1998 to August 1998 (8 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Certificate, Real Estate @ UCLA Extension From 2006 to 2007 Certificate, Technical Management Program @ UCLA Extension From 2005 to 2005 Certificate, Project Management @ Cal Tech From 2003 to 2004 M.S., Mechanical Engineering, 3.83/4.0 @ University of California, Berkeley From 2000 to 2002 B.S., Mechanical Engineering, 3.35/4.0 @ University of California, Berkeley From 1996 to 2000 Peter Sedivec is skilled in: Systems Engineering, Program Management, Knowledge Management, Proposal Writing, Satellite, DoD, Integration, Risk Management, Project Planning, Project Management, Software Engineering, Leadership, Process Improvement, Strategy, Earned Value Management, Analysis, Management