Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering @
University of California, San Diego
An electrical engineer by training, I have 10 years of combined experience in hardware, software and life science. Currently, I lead the design of instruments that simplify the laborious workflow of DNA microarray into an automated diagnostic platform. The success of instrument prototypes has convinced the renowned peer review panel at NIH and NSF, and helped company
An electrical engineer by training, I have 10 years of combined experience in hardware, software and life science. Currently, I lead the design of instruments that simplify the laborious workflow of DNA microarray into an automated diagnostic platform. The success of instrument prototypes has convinced the renowned peer review panel at NIH and NSF, and helped company receive more than 38 millions in government funding.
I started my technical career as a researcher working on microfluidic biochip that amplifies DNA 100 times faster than PCR. During my work at SanDisk and Intel, I acquired the essential skills to design highly-complex electronic chips. At OSISoft, I gained insights into mission-critical enterprise software that forms the backbone of smart-electrical grid and smart-manufacturing. In my current position at Akonni Biosystems, I am able to leverage my knowledge of electronics and software to develop several scientific instruments from ground up, taking full charge of the electronics, firmware, user interface and bioinformatics analysis software. In addition, I have collaborated with reference labs and private diagnostic companies both in the US and internationally.
Principal Engineer @ • Led the design of multiple innovative genetic diagnostic machines on a shoe-string budget.
• Successful prototypes have brought in more than $31 million in government funding in 2014 alone.
• Design responsibilities include: precision analog, digital/power, mechantronic, thermal, computer vision, MCU/FPGA firmware, HMI software, physical modeling, bioinformatic algorithm.
• Machines will soon undergo field testing by multiple partners, including Harvard Medical School, UCSD and State of New York. From August 2014 to Present (1 year 3 months) Staff Electrical Engineer @ From January 2013 to August 2014 (1 year 8 months) Senior Electrical Engineer @ From February 2011 to January 2013 (2 years) Support Engineer @ Provided implementation and consultation of business intelligence software to enterprise clients, notable projects include:
• Nuclear power plant Emergency Response Data System modernization for a major utility company
• Real-time fleet monitoring and predictive maintenance software that improves the profitability of the lease and warranty programs at world’s largest heavy machinery manufacturer From March 2009 to February 2011 (2 years) Graduate Intern (Mobile Microprocessor Group) @ • Logic synthesis and physical design for 32-nm Xeon E5-2600 8 cores high-end server CPU. From October 2008 to March 2009 (6 months) Santa Clara, CAMemory Design Engineer II @ • Designed two flash memory chips (56nm 8Gb and 16Gb). Both designs have entered high volume production with more than 1 billion USD annual revenue. From December 2006 to October 2007 (11 months) Milpitas, CAMemory Design Engineer I @ From June 2005 to December 2006 (1 year 7 months) Milpitas, CAStudent Researcher @ • Developed a bio-chip that performs DNA amplification reaction at least 100 times faster than PCR amplification reaction. From June 2004 to September 2004 (4 months) Claremont, CA
Master's Degree, Electrical Engineering @ Stanford University From 2005 to 2009 Bachelor's Degree, Electrical Engineering @ University of California, San Diego From 2001 to 2005 Peter Q. is skilled in: Swift, Verilog, Matlab, Bluetooth Low Energy, Analog Circuit Design, Labview, Simulations, Software Engineering, Integrated Circuit..., Testing, Firmware, FPGA, Microprocessors, Electrical Engineering, Product Design, Robotics, Digital Circuit Design, VLSI, Process Control, Databases, Microcontrollers, Computer Vision, Static Timing Analysis, Electronics, Digital IC Design, Numerical Simulation, C++, Integration, Embedded Systems, Algorithms, C, Enterprise Software, Automation, Debugging, Programming, iOS Development, Android Development
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension