Visionary, creative and action-oriented executive with extensive experience in leadership and implementation of growth strategies. Proven ability to optimise and build up business through a high commercial focus. Tactical and operational hands-on experience in the entire value chain which translates into a holistic approach to problem solving. Good at cooperating with people at all levels
Visionary, creative and action-oriented executive with extensive experience in leadership and implementation of growth strategies. Proven ability to optimise and build up business through a high commercial focus. Tactical and operational hands-on experience in the entire value chain which translates into a holistic approach to problem solving. Good at cooperating with people at all levels and has extensive international experience and understanding of culture-based management.
Authentic international executive with a leadership characterised by commitment, drive and constant focus on execution. Motivates and encourages employees by communicating goals and direction and by focusing on employee well-being and development. Ensures high level of employee satisfaction and followership and perceived as a leader with clout and credibility.
Advisory Board Member @ Margin & Sons are a newly established consulting company with a core focus on providing a better bottom line for Danish e-Merchants.
Margin & Sons create an overview of the various factors that affects an e-Commerce business, in order to give e-Commerce companies the opportunities to benchmark their performance against others.
We provide an insight to how e-Commerce companies can strengthen their competitiveness and bottom line, by offering analysis, advice & recommendations, start-up execution and continuous service and surveillance.
Margin & Sons are proud to have been a key driver in the Danish e-Commerce Operation Analysis of 2015 in close collaboration with CBS, KEA and E-mærket. The report is the first of its kind.
Participate in our analysis and get a better bottom line in your e-commerce business:
http://www.margin-sons.dk/?page_id=420 From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Copenhagen Area, Capital Region, DenmarkChief Operating Officer @ Job description
Chief Operating Officer responsible for production & warehousing, supply chain management, R&D, strategic sourcing, eCommerce & IT. In charge of the day-to-day business operations in the company with high focus on continuous process optimization to ensure high service, right quality and minimizing COGS.
Management, board meetings, strategy and business development, ensuring international growth, outsourcing, project & change management, negotiation and formation of contracts. From August 2015 to Present (5 months) Copenhagen Area, Capital Region, DenmarkBoard Member @ Board member in the Danish owned Energy Sport A/S. The company is Nordic distributor of several leading brands within the bike cycle industry.
Energy Sport distributes and markets high-end products within: Clothing, helmets, shoes, sport nutrition, maintenance products, bike components and tires. From April 2015 to Present (9 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkManagement consulting & advisory @ Consulting services include areas like:
• Strategy & business development
• Project & change management
• Due diligence & negotiations
• Lean management & optimizing administrative processes
• Distribution & Supply chain management
• Globalization, In & Outsourcing
• HR management support within Leadership development and organization design
• Development of sales-, marketing-, communications- and branding strategies
• Increased growth, business expansion, investment possibilities, innovation, enhanced, productivity etc.
Consulting services targets industries like:
• E-commerce & Information technology
• Supply chain & Distribution
• Professional services
• Production, Warehouse & Logistics
• Pharmaceutical, Life science & Medico From January 2015 to July 2015 (7 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkChief Operating Officer @ Job description
Chief Operating Officer responsible for warehousing, logistics and distribution, photo production, customer services, shared service centre and HR. Previously, also responsible for IT and finance. In charge of the day-to-day business operations of the company with focus on continuous process optimisation to ensure that internal and external service level KPIs are being met. The executive area consists of three functional areas with a total staff of around 300 employees.
Management, participating in board meetings, strategy and business development, ensuring international growth, due diligence in relation to IPO and M&A, ensuring corporate governance, project management, negotiation and formation of contracts.
• Doubling the company's revenue to half a billion DKK over a two-year period
• IPO of the company
• Acquisition and merging of two external companies
• Setting up a shared service centre in Ukraine with 80 employees
• Setting up customer service centres in 16 local languages in 5 locations
• Implementing lean and performance culture in the warehouse
• Optimising distribution channels and generating double digit million DKK savings
• Overall responsible for the successful relocation of the company's Danish warehouse to Poland (200 jobs)
• Transfer of finance and purchase functions from Denmark to Poland From January 2011 to September 2014 (3 years 9 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkService Owner @ Job description
Service owner of a newly established business area within pharmaceutical production. Responsible for all service supplies across NNIT, from development, maintenance and operations to IT-operations. The business area was built up and had a staff of 25 employees consisting of business consultants, system developers and project managers. Annual revenue of around DKK 30m.
Management, profit and loss responsibility, strategy and business development, project and supply management, outsourcing, proposal work, negotiation and formation of contracts, customer meetings and sales activities.
• Successfully built up a new business area
• Set up a shared service centre in China
• Completed strategic project sales
• High billing rate from consultants and project managers From November 2008 to December 2010 (2 years 2 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkBusiness Director @ Job description
Business director of an area involved in developing IT-systems for the private sector, primarily within Microsoft technology. The business was focused on optimising the customers' business processes by developing applications with a high quality, stability, usability, communication and design. The business area grew expansively and had a staff of 40 employees consisting of business consultants, system developers and project managers. Annual revenue of DKK 40m.
Management, profit and loss responsibility, strategy and business development, ensuring high growth, project and supply management, outsourcing, proposal work, negotiation and formation of contracts, customer meetings and sales activities.
• Successfully merged two functional areas
• Defined and implemented new go-to-market strategy
• Established record high sales pipeline
• Completed three large project sales at a total value of DKK 100m
• Successful outsourcing to China and the Philippines
• High billing rate from consultants and project managers
• Achieved the highest employee satisfaction score From March 2006 to October 2008 (2 years 8 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkManager @ Job description
Manager of consultancy department focusing on the pharmaceutical business with a staff of 25 employees comprising business consultants and system developers.
Management, budgetary control, resource allocation, employee development, recruiting, conflict handling, coaching, project management, proposal work, sales activities and preparing service agreements.
• Implemented Application Management Service based on ITIL
• Implemented new resource planning system
• High billing rate from consultants
• Achieved the highest employee satisfaction score From March 2004 to February 2006 (2 years) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkSenior Project Manager @ Job description
International project manager in Novo Nordisk's Product Supply management with responsibility for several business critical projects of high complexity. Member of the area's management team with responsibility for management reporting, finance and strategy.
Spearheading several large global IT-projects of which the largest involved implementing and rolling out a new temperature monitoring system. The project took one and a half years and included the following phases: Analysis, selection of suppliers, negotiations, formation of contracts, test and validation, roll out to 400 destinations worldwide. Overall project budget of DKK 32m and a project organisation of more than 30 employees.
Project manager of the global roll out of Novo Nordisk’s KPI & Balanced scorecard system.
• Successfully rolled out a new temperature monitoring system to 400 destinations worldwide
• Globally rolled out Novo Nordisk’s KPI & Balanced Scorecard system
• Implemented ABC and FMC in Novo Nordisk’s production area. From March 2001 to March 2004 (3 years 1 month) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkBusiness Controller @ Job description
Business Controller at Novo Nordisk’s largest insulin factory with a staff of 800 employees. Member of the management team with responsibility for the ongoing budgetary control, production key figures, HR issues and quality targets.
Management accounting, strategy formulation and execution, negotiating service level agreements with external suppliers, project management with regard to development of web-based data acquisition system and development and implementation of Novo Nordisk’s Executive Information System based on the balanced scorecard philosophy.
• Developed and implemented Novo Nordisk’s Executive Information System
• Developed and implemented a web-based data acquisition system
• Identified yield in insulin production and subsequent optimisation From December 1998 to March 2001 (2 years 4 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkManager of Logistics @ Job description
Manager of the logistics function in Novo Nordisk’s largest department for insulin filling with a total staff of 340 employees. The logistics function consisted of two teams; a logistics and planning team of eight employees and a warehousing team of eight employees. Served as a substitute for the manager of the plant's QC-laboratory during maternity leave.
Management, supply chain management, production planning, capacity analysis, warehouse optimisation, budgeting and budgetary control.
• Successfully implemented IT-based planning system APP-Movex
• Implemented the ERP-system PRISM
• Optimised internal product flow and reduction of stock. From August 1997 to December 1998 (1 year 5 months) Copenhagen Area, DenmarkLogistic Coordinator @ Job description
Fixed-term contract of one and a half years, the primary task being to relocate production from Denmark to Alpharma's new plant in Norway.
Purchase and production planning, capacity calculations and staff planning. Monthly reporting to management of production figures, back order forecasts, order backlog, finance, etc. Ad hoc project work such as customer/supplier-analysis, and setting up the company's future ERP-system.
• Successfully relocated production from Denmark to Norway From January 1996 to August 1997 (1 year 8 months) Copenhagen Area, Denmark
HD, Organisation and Leadership @ Copenhagen Business School From 1999 to 2002 BSc, Engineering @ Engineering College of Copenhagen From 1992 to 1996 Student, Matematisk/Fysisk @ Roskilde Katedralskole From 1985 to 1988 Peter Grand is skilled in: Change Management, Business Strategy, Business Transformation, Project Management, IT Strategy, Outsourcing, Business Development, E-commerce, Process Optimization, Strategy, Project Portfolio Management, Program Management, Operational Excellence, Leadership, Negotiation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension