Senior Information Technology Manager @ Free Agent
Program / Senior Project Manager @ PPL Corporation
B.S., Decision Science and Computers @
Results oriented Senior Information Technology Manager with proven success within the application development and support discipline. Experienced in leading medium to large sized global teams supporting local and enterprise wide (ERP) applications. Ability to provide leadership and direction to IT staff, internal clients and business management. Key strengths include timely decision making, objective problem solving, excellent project
Results oriented Senior Information Technology Manager with proven success within the application development and support discipline. Experienced in leading medium to large sized global teams supporting local and enterprise wide (ERP) applications. Ability to provide leadership and direction to IT staff, internal clients and business management. Key strengths include timely decision making, objective problem solving, excellent project management, process improvement and cost containment skills. Seasoned PMP. Expertise includes:
• Project Portfolio, Methodology and Management (PMO)
• Application Development, Implementation and Retirement
• Vendor Management Implementation/Operations (Outsourcing)
• Managed Maintenance Support, Practices and Tools (ITIL)
• IT Process Development, Implementation & Improvement (CI)
Information Systems Manager @ Infrastructure Demand Planning
• Manage a team of 5 infrastructure professionals, who work closely with each project manager and the infrastructure delivery teams (Engineering and Operations), to deliver new infrastructure.
• Provide infrastructure project milestone commitments to project teams and work with Engineering and Operations to deliver on those commitments (consistently exceeded 90% target; actuals-97%).
• Lead Quarterly Infrastructure Demand Planning sessions with all solutions and infrastructure teams to understand infrastructure demand and supply; providing aggregate resource allocation information.
• Developed an Infrastructure Support Turnover process to facilitate the transfer of knowledge and support ownership of new technologies from the Engineerin development teams to the production support teams.
Quality Assurance / Business Analysis
• Manage a team of 4 Quality Assurance and Testing professionals who plan, define, and execute all aspects of application testing (system integration, regression, performance, compliance, security).
• Supervise 3 Business Analysts who are currently dedicated to large scale projects. From 2013 to Present (2 years) Allentown, Pennsylvania AreaSenior Information Technology Manager @ Dynamic businessman with expertise in leading enterprise wide application development and support teams, running outsourced vendor management engagements and applying project management, methodology and tools. Job activities include: Application Development and Support (SDLC), Portfolio/Program/Project Management (PMO), Vendor Management (VM), Customer Relations, Continuous Improvement (CI), Process Implementation, Change Management, Resource Management, Risk Analysis, ITIL Tools, SAP, Application Retirements, Solving Complex Business Problems, Bringing Discipline & Process to the Organization, Establishing an Environment where Teams can Succeed. From February 2010 to Present (5 years 11 months) Program / Senior Project Manager @ Program Manager, PPL Corporation Enterprise Intranet
• Led a $2MM enterprise-wide Information Management initiative that will replace PPL Corporations’ Intranet with new collaboration and information-sharing capabilities; Using SharePoint 2010 as a foundation, the program will assess SharePoint 2013, provide templates for collaboration, project, and business line websites, deliver new Communities of Practice websites, institute Governance and Records Retention policies and provide Training materials and tools.
Project Manager, Data Warehouse Appliance
• Successfully implemented two IBM-Netezza TwinFin 6 DW appliances to satisfy a $1.8MM enterprise initiative in support of PPL Corporations’ Business Intelligence (BI) communities.
Project Manager, Engineering Design and Document Management
• Delivered a $2MM enterprise-wide Engineering Design and Document Management system, using Fusion software. Successfully partnered with McLaren, the product vendor and Miria Systems, a systems integrator, to automate engineering designs utilizing IBM’s BPM workflow tool.
Project Manager, Architecture Roadmap
• Completed a $500M Technical Architecture blueprint project aligned to the 5 year Transmission and Distribution business strategic plan. Partnered with Accenture to develop an IT Architecture Roadmap (application, information and integration) to provide context for future oriented technology decisions. From December 2010 to 2013 (3 years) Executive Chairman @ Providing leadership and direction to the members of the Lehigh Valley Professionals organization... a networking group dedicated to finding new business opportunities for high-caliber professionals in transition. From October 2010 to December 2010 (3 months) Manager, Vendor Management @ Managed the operations of two information technology service providers; providing support for both SAP and Non-SAP applications. Experienced in all aspects of the vendor management process. Excellent Sourcing Project Manager (PM) From 2007 to 2010 (3 years) Program Manager, Application Retirements @ Created a Managed Maintenance organization that provided temporary support for applications being made redundant due to a global implementation of SAP. Led the Application Retirement Program which successfully eliminated 600+ applications and $34MM in associated IT costs... A Mission Critical Change Management Initiative. From 2003 to 2006 (3 years) Manager, Supply Chain Management @ Supported the Global Supply Chain Management reorganization by merging the IT Gases and Chemicals groups into one Order-to-Cash Application Services team. From 2001 to 2002 (1 year) Manager, Project Execution Methodology @ IT project execution methodology champion for the Gases and Equipment group... a precursor to implementing a formal Project Management Office (PMO). From 1996 to 2000 (4 years) Project Manager, Application Development @ Led one of three major IT projects critical to the company’s re-engineering efforts. From 1993 to 1995 (2 years)
MBA, Business Administration @ Lehigh UniversityB.S., Decision Science and Computers @ Rider University Pete Peluso is skilled in: Process Improvement, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Vendor Management, SDLC, Change Management, Continuous Improvement, PMP, Business Process, Leadership, Project Portfolio Management, Team Building, Management, PMO, Analysis, Budgets
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension