Pete Miscinski | 773-259-6520 | [email protected]
Finance and accounting leader who delivers exceptional results in high quality organizations. Partners with senior management (CEO/COO), operations leaders/teams and other cross functional groups delivering a high level of customer service including an accurate and true financial picture and where to focus time and attention. Provides insight to improve transparency and
Pete Miscinski | 773-259-6520 | [email protected]
Finance and accounting leader who delivers exceptional results in high quality organizations. Partners with senior management (CEO/COO), operations leaders/teams and other cross functional groups delivering a high level of customer service including an accurate and true financial picture and where to focus time and attention. Provides insight to improve transparency and processes regarding financial reporting, analysis, budgeting and forecasting, dashboards, metrics and other key performance indicators (KPIs). A team leader and builder that has hired, trained and developed numerous staff that have gone on to greater leadership roles.
• Improved customer service for the accounting and finance function in all prior roles – considered a partner and trusted advisor as judged by senior management clients
• Created new financial reporting tools including dashboards and balanced scorecards to help evaluate and operate the business based on profitability and other key metrics providing insight that can be trusted
• Improved budgeting and forecasting process including developing and refining revenue pipeline tracking system generating time savings for operations and finance staff
• Integrated 4 large mergers and acquisitions (M&A) into the organization during high growth period while balancing profitability and people issues
• Improved employee engagement by creating inclusive committee structure to address opportunity areas
• Hired over 100 staff members at all levels, many who were trained, developed and mentored to become top talent and future leaders
Partnering with Business Leaders/Operations, Customer Service, Financial Reporting, Analysis, Budgeting/Forecasting, Planning, Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)/Metrics/Dashboards, GAAP, Internal Controls (SOX), Audit Skills, Project Management, Process Efficiency, Team Building, People Management/Development, Hiring/Training/Mentoring
Director of Finance @ From January 2015 to Present (1 year) Controller | Accounting & Finance Director | VP Finance | CFO | CPA @ Will add value through partnering and developing strong relationships with operations and business leaders delivering exceptional "customer service".
Offers a full compliment of financial reporting, analysis, budgeting, forecasting, planning, internal controls, audit and process improvement skills and experiences.
A team leader who has built numerous accounting and finance groups during growth periods with an emphasis on far more than just management and supervision. Passionate about talent acquisition, training, mentoring and development of team members, many who have gone on to significant leadership positions themselves. From August 2012 to Present (3 years 5 months) Greater Chicago AreaArea Controller @ From March 2013 to January 2015 (1 year 11 months) Divisional Chief Financial Officer (CFO) - Controller @ Highlights include: Responsible for all of the financial reporting/P&L, analysis, budgeting and forecasting for 5 of the business units across all of the geographic regions in the Americas. Prepared annual budgets and ongoing forecasts for all business units and geographic regions from detail level up through presentations to senior management (FP&A function). Responsible for internal controls including SOX implementation and also for client team compliance for successful SOC-1 audits. Built and managed teams of 25 (5 direct reports) and later had responsibility for 75 client finance teams across the Americas. Total revenues doubled to over $300 million, individual business units ranging from $10 to $150 million.
• Partnered with the CEO/COOs of these business units as well as the divisional and regional leaders to improve the financial state of the business - maximizing profitability and reducing cost
• Prepared monthly and quarterly financial reporting including responsibility for monthly close, GAAP, revenue recognition, improving accounts receivable collections (to under 60 days outstanding) and all related financial analysis including variance analysis, expense reduction analysis and customer profitability analysis utilizing dashboards and other tools that highlighted opportunity areas and improved business results
• Improved revenue pipeline tools and reforecast process to provide better transparency, identify issues earlier and help save operations and finance team staff time. Helped develop and refine compensation models, planning and payment. Evaluated potential acquisitions of firms/teams and potential contracts and RFPs.
• Creator and proponent of many “People First” initiatives that improved training, development and communication across the entire Americas accounting and finance organization
• Developed and delivered training programs including operations training, financial skills for managers, analyst training and recruiting/interviewing skills From December 1997 to July 2012 (14 years 8 months) Greater Chicago AreaAccounting & Finance Manager @ Responsible for accounting and finance for the company owned (McOpCo) stores across the country working with operations leaders/teams.
• Prepared financial reporting including financial statements, monthly close and analysis including variance analysis, key expense analysis (i.e. – food and labor cost), profitability analysis, investment and capital analysis (i.e. – rebuild, remodel, relocate) that improved store profitability and decision making
• Developed improved tools including State of the Region reports and balanced scorecards looking at key metrics and measures that were not only financial
• Built accounting team of 25 (4 direct reports) – hiring, training and developing promotable talent while improving employee satisfaction. Emphasis on training – creating and delivering new training programs for finance staff and operations that improved systems use and store profitability. From November 1993 to November 1997 (4 years 1 month) Audit Manager @ • Progressed through two public accounting firms (AM&G and L&H) servicing primarily middle market, entrepreneurial type clients in a variety of industries including manufacturing, real estate, hospitality and service organizations
• Provided audit and accounting services with a special interest and emphasis on providing recommendations for future improvement
• Trained and developed numerous staff members to assume additional responsibilities and promotions From November 1990 to November 1993 (3 years 1 month) Greater Chicago AreaAuditor @ From July 1985 to October 1990 (5 years 4 months) Greater Chicago Area
BS & MS, Accounting & Finance @ University of Illinois at Chicago From 1980 to 1985 Niles East High School Pete Miscinski is skilled in: People Management, Development Of People, Employee Hiring, Interviewing, Team Building, Training & Development, Team Leadership, Mentoring, Customer Service, Partnering, Strategic Planning, Financial Reporting, Budgeting, Forecasting, Profitability Analysis
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension