Engineering, Maintenance and Capital planning Leader @ Pfizer, Inc
Engineering, Maintenance and Capital Leader @ Wyeth
No education info found.
Over 25 years of international experience in Capital Planning and Execution, Engineering and Maintenance. Proven track record in delivering projects in the Pharmaceuticals, Biopharmaceuticals and Consumer sectors supporting strategic growth. Excellent engineering leadership management, communication, negotiation and public relations skills. Energetic self-starter combining solid business acumen and management presence with strong technical and analytical background. Strong partnership
Over 25 years of international experience in Capital Planning and Execution, Engineering and Maintenance. Proven track record in delivering projects in the Pharmaceuticals, Biopharmaceuticals and Consumer sectors supporting strategic growth. Excellent engineering leadership management, communication, negotiation and public relations skills. Energetic self-starter combining solid business acumen and management presence with strong technical and analytical background. Strong partnership skills that can be leveraged for immediate impact to your business.
• Led the US and European engineering project teams for the successful OTC launch of Nexium; the largest Pfizer Consumer OTC switch.
• Directed project team for design and build of $150MM Biopharmaceutical Development facility.
• Championed the Capital Planning, Global Reliability and Energy Demand programs across 4 US Consumer manufacturing sites resulting in improved forecast accuracy, 4% energy reduction and improved machine uptime.
• Spearheaded team to address technical problems and orchestrate remedial actions to correct compliance and operational issues at several facilities.
Director, Global Engineering @ • Led the Engineering and Maintenance organization while transitioning the manufacturing operations out of the facility in a 9 month timeframe resulting in cost reductions.
• Supported new product launches that increased revenue generation by partnering with Product Development, Global Technical Services and Site Operations.
• Improved equipment uptime and maintenance costs reduction as team led of Global Consumer Healthcare Engineering and Maintenance OEE study.
• Created strategic roadmap to optimize manufacturing operations with Site Technical Services, Global Technical Services and Operations. From 2009 to Present (6 years) Engineering, Maintenance and Capital planning Leader @ • Improved forecast accuracy, predictive maintenance and machine uptime as champion of Capital Planning and Global Reliability programs.
• Developed Energy Demand programs across US Consumer manufacturing sites.
• Provided engineering support to six (6) Consumer manufacturing operations in North America, Canada and Asia.
• Led water damage remediation efforts in Taiwan sterile manufacturing suite resulting in returning the facility to operation in 6 months. From 2009 to 2011 (2 years) Engineering, Maintenance and Capital Leader @ • Implemented the Capital Governance Portfolio Process within the Consumer Healthcare sites in North Amercia and Latin America resulting in improved forecasting and budgetary control.
• Managed $90MM Annual Capital Plan for the Consumer sites by aligning with the network strategic plan for optimum use of capital funds.
• Launched, trained and directed the the Capital Project Reporting Dashboard for the Consumer Healthcare Operating unit which resulted in better visability and reporting accuracy.
• Led project team to design and build $150MM Biopharmaceutical Development facility and delivered to the customer on schedule.
• Directed the Maintenance Excellence effort in the Consumer Healthcare operating unit resulting in positive trending in KPIs (overdue work orders, MIRs, proactivity and downtime).
• Improved technology transfer between manufacturing sites and reduction in spare parts inventory by standardizing packaging equipment solutions initiative.
Director Engineering, Engineering & Technology, Consumer Healthcare 2008
Associate Director, Technology & Engineering, Consumer Healthcare 2006-2008
Principle Project Engineer, Technology & Engineering, Consumer Healthcare 2005-2006
Principle Project Engineer, Global Engineering Services 2000-2005 From 2000 to 2009 (9 years) Senior Project Manager @ • Developed strategies and managed delivery of multiple high value engineering projects to agreed objectives.
• Led team of experts developing standardized processes accross four projects on two R&D sites at an estimated total project cost of $100MM.
• Led due dilligence on Numerous land real estate options for new US Headquarters for the Consumer Healthcare division.
• Organized Central Engineering resources in support of project workload.
• Led GMP and Engineering review of manufacturing suppliers for new products. From 1987 to 2000 (13 years) Manager, Project Management and Planning @ • Developed project workload prioritization process for the Marketing services group.
• Built Direct-to-Consumer campaign process map for Relafen and Avandia brands.
• Project managed US Sales force geographic realignment. From 1998 to 1999 (1 year)
Paul Whitby is skilled in: Validation, FDA, GMP, Project Management, Project Portfolio Management, Manufacturing Engineering, Reliability Centered Maintenance, Change Control, V&V, CAPA, Six Sigma, Computer System Validation, GAMP, Technology Transfer, GxP
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension