Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategic Planning @ Magna Powertrain, Inc.
Director of Product Development & Marketing @ Magna Donnelly
Director of Business Development & Marketing @ Magna Donnelly
Ferris State University
I'm a growth, turnaround, and performance expert for complex global businesses in the automotive industry. I have been accelerating business growth for Magna International since 2004. Prior to that I planned and implemented expansion strategies for PPG Industries and Dura Automotive Systems. I have been at the forefront of building business through transformative business models that established
I'm a growth, turnaround, and performance expert for complex global businesses in the automotive industry. I have been accelerating business growth for Magna International since 2004. Prior to that I planned and implemented expansion strategies for PPG Industries and Dura Automotive Systems. I have been at the forefront of building business through transformative business models that established footprints in India, Europe, and China.
I've been called on repeatedly to determine whether a business is optimized, divested, or shut down. Because of my initiatives, businesses have been saved from closure. My transformative initiatives at critical crossroads increase sales, improve customer relations, and streamline operations.
Career highlights include:
* Creating a global market intelligence system to analyze the market, industry, technology, customer, and competition.
* Leading the full-cycle M&A process from assessing existing business portfolio and identifying targets to performing due diligence, deal structure, negotiations, and post-merger integration.
* Developing a product portfolio through effective strategies that incite action at every level of an organization, opening new markets, launching successful new products, and accelerating financial and market performance.
MBA, University of Detroit Mercy
BS in Plastics Engineering Technology, Ferris State University
Kellogg Graduate School of Management, Northwestern University
University of Michigan / IESE International Graduate School of Management, Barcelona, Spain
Oxford University, Oxford, England
Vice President, Corporate Development and Strategic Planning @ Hand-picked to develop growth initiatives, drive customer diversification, and expand into new international markets through a centralized global strategy and M&A process. Refocused business from manufacturing competencies to technology and introduced role of Global Product Manager to drive global effort.
* Defined review process to evaluate viability of multiple divisions; garnered Board of Director buy-in for all recommendations.
* Developed and implemented global M&A/JV strategy forecasted to grow market share nearly 3X over 6 years.
* Negotiated and integrated acquisition in Europe that created manufacturing footprint in Germany, Brazil, and China.
* Negotiated JV that established a new footprint in India. From May 2006 to Present (9 years 8 months) Director of Product Development & Marketing @ Relocated to China to plan and implement strategic turnaround of underperforming JV with China's largest glass manufacturer. Successfully negotiated complex divestiture with China government entity, including release of multimillions of dollars in record time.
* Developed first-time processes for strategic planning, marketing, and new product development; earned TS16949 global certification and incurred sizable savings through process improvements. From February 2005 to May 2006 (1 year 4 months) Director of Business Development & Marketing @ Developed and executed turnaround and repositioning strategy that transformed division from steady annual decline to rapid growth, new product launch, and international market expansion. From March 2004 to January 2005 (11 months) North American Marketing Manager @ Recruited to develop and execute expansion strategy for JIT assembly, design, and engineering. Quantified value-added business opportunities and developed marketing, sales, program management, and R&D strategy to evolve organization from commodity producer to supplier of engineered and integrated systems. Positioned PPG as industry innovator through aggressive marketing initiatives
* Analyzed 20+ M&A candidates and recommended 3 international acquisitions to Board.
* Led negotiations to form a new company, creating synergy savings of EBIT and improving ROC 16 percentage points; created all business and financial plans for the new organization.
* Developed business and capital plan to acquire and license additional technologies.
* Negotiated non-cash equity agreement with JV partner to form a new $700M+ company. From 1999 to 2004 (5 years) Sales Manager - Ford Account @ Chosen to manage the company’s largest account ($450M) when sales organization shifted from product-line to full account management following acquisition by Dura in 1999. Directed staff of 13 and $1.8M annual budget.
* Quickly generated $62M in new business through market-driven strategy that established the company as industry-segment leader in systems integration. From 1999 to 1999 (less than a year) Sales Manager Window Systems @ Drove 15% sales growth and improved existing business profit $3.2M through effective leadership of 11-member North America sales team supporting key car manufacturers. Managed $1.5M budget.
* Streamlined quotation process and accelerated on-time performance from 43% to 100%.
* Chiefly responsible for signed strategic alliance agreement with PPG that delivered $1.9M annual savings.
* Reduced 90-day overdue receivables from $6.2M to $300K in 10 months. From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) Chrysler Account Manager/Sales Representative @ Promoted to manage $112M Chrysler account for the entire product line. Grew the business 22% annually. Developed and led company-wide performance-improvement strategy that resulted in earning Chryslers Gold Pentastar Award. From 1993 to 1997 (4 years) Project Engineer @ Managed 7 of the companys most complex window systems programs from design phase through launch. From 1992 to 1993 (1 year)
MBA @ University of Detroit Mercy From 1994 to 1997 B.S. @ Ferris State University From 1988 to 1992 Paul Eichenberg is skilled in: Product Development, Strategy, Automotive, Manufacturing, New Business Development, Program Management, Strategic Planning, Business Development, Marketing Strategy, Process Improvement, Mergers & Acquisitions, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Mergers, Management, Business Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension