I am a successful IT Project Manager (budgets £250k-£1.5m) with over 5 years’ experience gained in delivering focused business change, applications and infrastructure projects within the Public and Private sectors, and 21 years cumulative management and technical experience gained within Datacentre, Financial and Military Service environments. I am a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner. Currently delivering infrastructure technology projects
I am a successful IT Project Manager (budgets £250k-£1.5m) with over 5 years’ experience gained in delivering focused business change, applications and infrastructure projects within the Public and Private sectors, and 21 years cumulative management and technical experience gained within Datacentre, Financial and Military Service environments. I am a registered PRINCE2 Practitioner. Currently delivering infrastructure technology projects managed within client expectation and profitability targets, including qualification and sales process alongside management of organisational change, transformation and transition. Exceptional interpersonal, communication and presentation skills utilised to lead and foster relationships with all stakeholders.
IT Project Manager @ Capita Managed IT Solutions provides cloud based and infrastructure services to public, private and third sector organisations and specialist managed services in the education, government, utilities and charities sectors.
- Promoted from Assistant Project Manager to Project Manager within 18 months of taking on new role.
- Parachuted into several projects a critical stage of the delivery to ensure they were delivered within the time, budget and quality constraints.
- Successfully delivered multiple ICT infrastructure projects within the Education Sector to range of Academies and Secondary Schools across London, Wolverhampton and Birmingham, with budgets ranging from £250,000 to £1,500,000. This involved implementing new wireless solutions, server and network infrastructures. Managed multi-disciplinary teams of up to 10 members which included Solution Architects, Technical Design Leads, Senior Server/Network/Wireless Engineers and Porters during the multiple project phases such as Design, Procurement, Implementation, Testing and Lessons Learned.
- Successfully delivered the Project Management function on the London Borough of Waltham Forest Contract Expiry Programme. Exited Capita as the current service provider for the 6 schools contained within the current BSF ICT contract at the end of August 2013, providing a standalone exit solution for each site.
- Chosen to be part of a Pilot test of a Small Projects Team delivering desk based Project Management services. Utilising the Governance and Gateway processes to minimise cost and maximise the value to our Clients.
- Successfully delivered a small Programme of software migrations for a client in the Local Government Sector. Migrated 4 business critical applications from a legacy platform to the new Capita Private Cloud for Swindon Borough Council whilst on a 7 week secondment to Swindon ITS From May 2010 to Present (5 years 8 months) London, United KingdomWorkflow Co-ordinator @ CSC is a leading provider of consulting and outsourcing solutions to blue chip clients across all major industry sectors in the UK. They reported an Operating Income of $304 Million and Operating Margin of 9.4% for Q1 Fiscal Year 2015.
- Managed multiple service requests as part of daily routine using enhanced administration and organisation skills
- Coordinated 3rd Parties for delivery and collection of IT assets.
- Chosen to assist with technical projects based on my ability to multitask and coordinate
- Implemented new process for the safe and secure disposal of decommissioned hardware
- Streamlined several process to ensure quality and time were well managed From October 2008 to May 2010 (1 year 8 months) London, United KingdomService Desk Supervisor @ Hugall Services through their nation-wide team of local engineers support equipment manufacturers, distributors and commercial catering outlets. Clients include Pizza Hut, Pizza Express and Café Rouge.
- Saved company £30K through implementing checks on sub contractors’ account invoicing.
- Completed all pre planned preventative maintenances for the financial year.
- Reduced timescales on client open requests. From October 2007 to October 2008 (1 year 1 month) London, United KingdomAsset Management Consultant @ J.P. Morgan service clients across Asset Management, Private Banking, Corporate Banking, Investment Banking, Investor Services, Markets, Research, and Treasury. They reported q4 2014 Net Income of $4.9 Billion.
- Completed the delivery and inventory management of a $7m order for new site in record time.
- Chosen to work on US-based Strategic Data Centre Migration project based on previous work history
- Enabled £100K of unused IT assets to be returned by reorganising storeroom. From May 2006 to October 2007 (1 year 6 months) London, United KingdomNetwork Engineer @ Responsibilities included providing first line support to customers and being part of 24/7 shift rota.
• Documented processes and procedures for routine tasks.
• Project managed Cable Records Database including auditing existing layout.
• Assisted with planning and implementation of improved staff shift rota system.
• Created a unique tape management system to ensure media backups completed successfully.
• Controlled ID card creation in line new access control system.
Major Achievement – Facilitated the tightening of IT security procedures by requiring unique access ID numbers and photo IDs to access site. From October 1999 to August 2005 (5 years 11 months) London, United KingdomTeam Leader (LCpl) @ Responsibilities included operating mobile radio communications equipment, selecting suitable mobile radio station detachment sites and servicing/maintaining 4-WD vehicle and telecoms equipment.
• Provided secure communication links in hostile locations under demanding conditions.
• Supervised, trained and motivated team of five staff.
• Completed first line servicing, fault-finding and repair of equipment.
• Completed site security and administration of classified material.
• Oversaw erection of masts/antennae and laying of cables.
Major Achievement – Completed 3 Colloquial German courses in record time of 3 months, permitting direct negotiation with local famers and villagers to user their land and supplies for training exercises. From September 1992 to October 1999 (7 years 2 months) Osnabrück Area, GermanyRetail Management Trainee and Petrol Station Manager @ • Completed work experience on all departments.
• Completed detailed work experience on three chosen departments.
• Supervised tanker deliveries of c35,000 litres petrol and diesel
• Completed cashing up of site and co-ordinating secure collection of takings.
• Responsible for weekend management of Petrol Filling Station.
Major Achievement – Chosen to manage Department on weekends at 19 years old. From September 1989 to August 1992 (3 years)
Professional Certificate, in Management @ The Open University From 2002 to 2004 GCSE @ The King John Secondary School From 1984 to 1989 Paul Chapman is skilled in: Project Management, Resource Management, PRINCE2, Management, Prince Practitioner, Data Center, Business Process, Leadership, Strategy, Information Technology, Networking, Microsoft Office, Risk Management, Process Improvement, Microsoft Word
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension