I am a finance executive with strategic and operational expertise in building high growth international companies that consistently exceed expectations. Using equal parts analytical prowess and emotional intelligence, I thrive in fast paced, dynamic environments which are focused on using technology to challenge existing markets -or create new ones- and developing products or services to make customers’
I am a finance executive with strategic and operational expertise in building high growth international companies that consistently exceed expectations. Using equal parts analytical prowess and emotional intelligence, I thrive in fast paced, dynamic environments which are focused on using technology to challenge existing markets -or create new ones- and developing products or services to make customers’ lives easier. I’m skilled at creating interlocking relationships between finance and its sales/marketing/operations partners, focusing on empowering & mentoring employees, agreeing on the desired outcome, and not making the same mistake twice. I love to collaborate with strong and intelligent teammates, create strategy to solve the as-yet unsolved problems, and interact with people at all levels of the business, from CEO to the end customer. My goal is to always stay ahead of the growth curve, to focus on macro-economics, social & technological trends, and strive to build companies that employ the ‘bend but don’t break’ philosophy in an ever changing environment.
Career highlights include:
-Over 15 years in Technology and over 10 years experience in subscription-based industries (IaaS, etc.)
-Raised over $1B in venture equity & debt
-Scaled organizations through various stages of growth, from startup→ IPO (S-1) →public, stabilized companies with over $600M in ARR
-Negotiated with customers, vendors, VC/PE, lenders, channel partners, acquisition targets, potential acquirers, the US Securities and Exchange Commission, investment bankers, lawyers and others
-Led business case development and analysis for over $1B of M&A transactions and customer contracts
-Successfully negotiated over $500M in customer contracts
- Built corporate finance, general/portfolio management, HR, Legal and IT functions from the ground up with an efficient flat management structure, increasing the ability to scale dramatically with little incremental headcount
Finance Executive & Advisor @ • Assisted clients in term sheet optimization and negotiation strategy with VCs, banks
• Built client’s entire VC pitch book, including forecasts
• Assisted clients in crafting their unique ‘story’ to communicate to investors
• Advised CEOs on Board management & communication strategy From January 2015 to Present (1 year) San Francisco Bay AreaChief Financial Officer @ Vantage Data Centers provides innovative and scalable enterprise custom data center / IaaS (Infrastructure as a Service) Solutions. Vantage Data Centers’ customers include a unique mix of Global 100 enterprises and top Internet companies.
Founding employee and Executive Management Committee member. Led development of: the company’s ongoing strategy, investor & banking relations, accounting & finance functions, portfolio management function, human resources, risk management, and IT
• Actively managed working relationship with Private Equity sponsor, Silver Lake Partners
• Raised over $1B of debt capital at market leading interest rates and under favorable terms by establishing company’s initial presence in U.S. banking markets and actively engaging with multiple financial institutions. All debt offerings were over-subscribed. From July 2013 to October 2014 (1 year 4 months) San Francisco Bay AreaVice President of Portfolio & Operations @ • Lead business negotiator for all customer contracts (up to $100M in value)
• Drove improvement in customer relations resulting in multiple customer expansions
• Crafted the company’s five-year strategic framework exploring various alternatives From February 2012 to July 2013 (1 year 6 months) Vice President of Finance and Strategy @ • Developed KPIs and implemented a tracking and reporting program
• Implemented legal and corporate structure to support rapid growth in sales as well as new market expansion From February 2011 to April 2012 (1 year 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaDirector & General Manager @ Built the corporate finance, general/portfolio management, HR, Legal and IT functions from the ground-up with an efficient flat management structure giving the company the ability to scale dramatically with little incremental headcount From April 2010 to February 2011 (11 months) San Francisco Bay AreaAssistant Vice President & Assistant Controller @ Digital Realty Trust, Inc., with over $1.6B in revenue, supports the data center and colocation strategies of more than 600 firms across its secure, network-rich portfolio of data centers located throughout North America, Europe, Asia and Australia. Digital Realty's clients include domestic and international companies of all sizes, ranging from financial services, cloud and information technology services, to manufacturing, energy, gaming, life sciences and consumer products.
Pre- IPO employee recruited to oversee all financial reporting. Responsible for accounting functions US & International, including financial statement preparation (10K/Q), Sarbanes-Oxley compliance, budgeting, joint venture accounting, M&A integration and reporting for a 12 million square foot international portfolio of 74 profit centers. During this time the company was the fastest growing public Real Estate Investment Trust. From November 2004 to May 2010 (5 years 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaManager @ Managed audit engagements of public and private entities with an emphasis on serving companies in the real estate and technology industries. Strong knowledge of US GAAP, Sarbanes-Oxley, and industry practices, along with practical experience with financial reporting and analysis. From September 1999 to November 2004 (5 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay Area
Master of Business Administration (M.B.A.), Finance, General @ University of California, Berkeley - Walter A. Haas School of Business From 2008 to 2010 MBA @ ESADE Business School From 2009 to 2009 BS, Business/Accounting @ University of Oregon From 1996 to 1999 Patrick Davis is skilled in: Financial Reporting, Accounting, Corporate Finance, Investments, Mergers, Strategy, Business Strategy, Mergers & Acquisitions, Leadership, Finance, Risk Management, Management, Integration, Operations Management, Executive Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension