Skilled Project Manager in Logistics/Contract Negotiation and working knowledge in Petrochemical equipment, Drilling rigs, paper machines, chemicals, piping, stainless steel products and engine turbines. Contract Logistics, International Transportation, Warehousing and Distribution Projects development and implementation, tender coordination and purchasing. Effective execution to ensure profitability of projects in the Latin American Territory. Multilingual in, Portuguese native language, read
Skilled Project Manager in Logistics/Contract Negotiation and working knowledge in Petrochemical equipment, Drilling rigs, paper machines, chemicals, piping, stainless steel products and engine turbines. Contract Logistics, International Transportation, Warehousing and Distribution Projects development and implementation, tender coordination and purchasing. Effective execution to ensure profitability of projects in the Latin American Territory. Multilingual in, Portuguese native language, read and write English, Spanish, and some German
Purchasing Supervisor @ • Supervise the purchasing team of 10 analysts sourcing for equipment, spare parts, chemicals, lubricants, software and services to all refineries located in Venezuela. Execute plan to pay plans with client, financial manager, quality department and logistics in order to buy the materials at lowest cost possible with the best delivery date possible from the manufacturers, suppliers and subcontractors and deliver the materials in Venezuela following the requirements from client.
• Ensure all corporate activities proceed according to authorized financial plans · Oversee procedures that optimize cash and acceptable working capital levels
• Ensure best practices employed in part sourcing · Ensure all supply chain processes, procedures and policies are documented and followed at all levels · Establish supply chain succession plans for all critical positions
• Tracking, reporting, and managing on-time deliveries to original commit dates
• Negotiated and executed competitive bidding activity covering 90% of the critical suppliers, developing long-term commercial agreements under best practices.
• Marketing Intelligence in order to find possible new suppliers. A business understanding of technical issues of the business line along with an understanding of all PDVSA & Citgo business lines. Solid, general understanding of field practices related to drilling and drilling rig equipment as it pertains to supply chain.
• Management of special projects from other countries to Venezuela in order to attend the refinery’s shutdowns From March 2013 to Present (2 years 8 months) houston, texas areaProject Manager @ • Disassembly complete drilling rigs, prepare the package and prepare all packages and parts to be shipped to the final destination, also providing insurance and local assistance in the destination for materials shipped to Latin America, including Brazil, and projects in Papua New Guinea, Angola and Emirates (by ocean and air) for the petrochemical, refineries and O&G industries.
• Purchase order management, resupply, and heavy/oversized transportation worldwide with experience in disassembly complex drilling rigs and paper machines (construction). Monitored rig stock levels by reviewing min/max inventory against usage to ensure operational availability versus cost efficiency.
• Ensure utilization of existing stock to fulfil orders before repurchasing outside Client · Assuring inventory replenishment requirements in the form of intercompany PO's from business units are met with timely and feasible promise dates · Assuring that Inventory Managers are continuously reviewing and adjusting planned inventory levels based on data from S&OP, AMSS, Rentals and Tubular Services subject matter experts, and BU Supply Chain Managers.
• Delivered logistics solutions by ocean and air by negotiating with freight forwarders and warehouses and directly managing team of ~20 people. Also expert in third party Customs Broker Service process.
• Developed and implemented Procurement, Purchasing and Logistics procedures to improve efficiency.
• Accountable for project analysis schedule with MRP and SAP systems, monitoring progress, highlighting potential cost/schedule variances and recommending corrective action plans to ensure profitability. From December 2010 to November 2012 (2 years) Houston, Texas AreaLogistics Supervisor @ - Expedited cargo with steamship lines, airlines, railroads, and logistic companies. Prepare and process export documentation including Tracking Orders, Shipper Letter of Instructions, Shipper’s Export Declarations, AES, US Customs, Commercial invoices, Packing List and Certificate of Origin. Also responsible to prepare reports reflecting status of projects and budgets to final customer and Directors.
- Supervision of field survey projects in the United States, Canada, Trinidad & Tobago and South America.
- Manages proposal strategies w/ Proposal Management & joint venture partners. Prepares basis & assumption documentation. Fully understands the needs of the customer. Reviews design or Request for Proposal (RFP) scope criteria & quantities for completeness & reasonableness, & coordinates with the project to develop additional estimating basis when information is incomplete. Suggests alternatives when appropriate.
- Supervising 4 people on the team. From May 2008 to November 2010 (2 years 7 months) Houston, Texas AreaInternational buyer @ International Senior Buyer
-Responsible for buying parts and pieces for paper making machine in Asia, Europe and North America and develop new suppliers in Asia and Europe. Also responsible for the negotiation terms, as well delivery time and payment conditions and control all payments by international transfer or letter of credit and responsible to input Purchase Order at SAP system and keep it updated
-Strong customer service skills in order to always improve communications and maximize efficiency.
-Prepare and evaluate all bids, contacts and vendor agreements and ensure accuracy and price for same. Maintain effective customer services and ensure timely delivery and maintain track of product progress and development. Also monitor potential stock out caused by delivery delay etc.
-Shipment coordination with Customs Broker and working closely with the warehousing and legal colleagues globally to workforce solution in Germany and Brazil.
-Review and approve bid analysis summaries (BAS) and update the capabilities and efficiency of the procurement group and introduce new methods and techniques.
International Contracts Supervisor (during the first 3 years)
-Responsible for the administration of the international contracts and export of paper machines, expedition, logistics, exchange, financial and schedule B numbers, as well and any contact with foreign customers and also the whole relationship part with shipping companies and freight forwarders, coordination of all process (package, inland transportation, international freight and delivery at mill site).
-Developed an active damage prevention policy for implementation during all aspects of cargo handling, which resulted in zero claims during my supervision
-Analysis and application of letters of credit, besides knowledge of back to back operation credits .
-Trains, coaches, mentors and reviews the work of less experienced project personnel as assigned. From September 2000 to April 2008 (7 years 8 months) International Buyer @ -Responsible for purchase parts and pieces for printers, using for such purchases SAP system and weekly planning (presented by sales dept).
-Responsible for the contacts with vendors, shipping parts and pieces out Brazil and to Brazil.
-Responsible for search and develop freight forwarders, as well as the constant improvement of conditions of international air and sea freight.
-Build relationship with customers, using communication plan, advanced shipment notifications, shipper letter of instructions, consignees and final destinations offices and improving delivery times.
-Responsible to keep the budget of the project and control all payments for each Purchase Order.
-Support Supply Chain and efficiency initiatives.
-Responsible for coordinating on-time deliveries, pick-ups and routing transports to customers From September 1996 to July 2000 (3 years 11 months) Buyer @ - Client management liquidating oil and gas properties.
- Initiate, monitor, and negotiate deals.
- Driven to achieve individual and team goals. Also improve and promote team performance.
- Proactively assess, clarify and validate client needs
- Manage relationships with internal departments and client’s needs
- Continuously improve operational efficiencies, productivity, and teamwork between Purchasing department, Logistic Department, Drivers and Depot Managers. From January 1990 to July 1995 (5 years 7 months)
Bachelor's degree, Negotiation @ Fundação Getulio Vargas From 2005 to 2006 Master's degree, Latin America Economy, 4.5 @ PUC-SP From 2004 to 2005 International Relations, International Business/Trade/Commerce @ University of Oxford From 1995 to 1996 Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Foreign Trade @ USP From 1990 to 1994 Patricia Monteiro is skilled in: Fluent in English,..., Able to speak short..., Good skill in MS office..., SAP, Quality Auditing, English, Offices, Portuguese, Logistics, Supply Chain, International Logistics, German, Negotiation, Purchasing, Transportation, Freight Forwarding, Contract Management, Lean Manufacturing, Project Planning, Shipping, Continuous Improvement, Warehousing, Procurement
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension