Senior Director of Information Technology @ Aegerion Pharmaceuticals
IT Leadership Program ITLP @
I help companies leverage technology to improve their business performance. I have successful experience building and rebuilding IT organizations through developing participative governance processes, enterprise architectures and transparent accountability throughout IT and the rest of the organization. My diverse IT management consulting background across the pharmaceutical, finance, public, research, and banking industries has enabled me to be
I help companies leverage technology to improve their business performance. I have successful experience building and rebuilding IT organizations through developing participative governance processes, enterprise architectures and transparent accountability throughout IT and the rest of the organization. My diverse IT management consulting background across the pharmaceutical, finance, public, research, and banking industries has enabled me to be successful in bringing cross industry experience to address challenges and move business forward. My experience building and running IT project portfolio functions also drives me to focus on successful business outcomes and optimizing investments in IT related activities.
I bring demonstrated leadership and management skills, and broad experiences in negotiating complex IT services and consulting contracts. I am effective at working all levels in an organization, and am particularly skilled at executive communications.
Director, Enterprise Applications; IT & Informatics @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Principal @ Helps companies improve their performance and operations through:
- Navigating business technology decisions
- Leveraging investments for improved business performance
- Evaluating current IT investments for alignment to organizational goals
- Leading program and change initiatives
- Recommending potential IT organization optimization From June 2015 to Present (7 months) Director of Shared Platforms and IT Effectiveness @ From May 2013 to June 2015 (2 years 2 months) Director of Enterprise Architecture @ From March 2011 to May 2013 (2 years 3 months) Strategy and Architecture Lead @ From April 2010 to March 2011 (1 year) Sector Manager, Strategy and Planning @ From March 2009 to May 2010 (1 year 3 months) Senior Project Manager, Strategy and Planning @ From September 2008 to March 2009 (7 months) Managing Consultant @ • Led recovery strategy project for the leading Federally Funded Research and Development organization. Personally requested to perform the subsequent phases leading to implementation of new multi-site recovery capability.
• Assistant Resilience Program Manager for a financial company implementing storage replication for mainframe, Intel, and UNIX; managed ongoing recovery operations and exercises; and developed governance model for business resilience. Business results include increased availability of main revenue generating application, as well as improved organizational resilience.
• Led business impact Analysis and Risk Assessment for a financial company with $128 Billion in assets across eight business units across the US resulting in creation of a cross business unit team of business and IT professionals addressing core business issues in a standing committee. Business outcomes include:
• Combined strategic planning,
• Leveraging vendors across lines of business; increasing IT efficiencies,
• Increased overall organizational resilience
• Led Resilience Program Assessment for a large private marketing, hospitality and real estate enterprise leading to greater lines-of-business cooperation and coordination, and increased efficiency of operations as well as greater ability to recover from a serious business outage.
• Led analysis of the needs of a multinational media corporation for business resilience software. The resulting recommendations were all implemented leading to a new resilience capability not achievable prior.
• Co-led and updated the development of the Business Impact Analysis model for IBM Americas, increasing the efficiency of the execution of the service by up to 40%. From July 1999 to August 2008 (9 years 2 months) Adjunct @ From 2007 to 2007 (less than a year) Singer @ From 1999 to 2006 (7 years)
Exec Certificate, Strategy & Innovation @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology - Sloan School of Management From 2009 to 2010 IT Leadership Program ITLP, Leadership & Management @ MOR Associates From 2008 to 2009 BS, Business @ Carroll University From 1995 to 1999 P. Kamikawa is skilled in: Disaster Recovery, Portfolio Management, IT Strategy, IT Service Management, PMO, Enterprise Architecture, Strategic Planning, Consultants, Project Management, Governance, Strategy, Management, Project Portfolio Management, IT Governance, IT Project & Program Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension