Charismatic multi-talented engineer holds technical and management expertise in various disciplines including Sales Engineering (Sumo Logic), Software Development (Microsoft), Mechanical Design and Analysis (Boeing), and Civil Engineering (Otak). Business savvy and possesses extensive leadership experience. Ambitious, entrepreneurial and owns a strong desire for an opportunity to be a contributing member of an industry defining team on the
Charismatic multi-talented engineer holds technical and management expertise in various disciplines including Sales Engineering (Sumo Logic), Software Development (Microsoft), Mechanical Design and Analysis (Boeing), and Civil Engineering (Otak). Business savvy and possesses extensive leadership experience. Ambitious, entrepreneurial and owns a strong desire for an opportunity to be a contributing member of an industry defining team on the cutting edge of innovation.
Specialties: Sales Engineering, Business Development, Software Development Leadership, Engineering Management, Technical Leadership, Software Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
Sr. Sales Engineer @ • Assisting with implementation of Sumo Logic technologies across Large Enterprises in the NW.
• Expertise held in: advanced query development, machine learning and pattern matching algorithms, anomaly detection, MTTI/MTTR reduction and automated script action resolutions.
• Providing technical guidance to DevOps teams using Chef/Puppet/Ansible/Powershell and assisted with efficient deployment of various Sumo Logic log management solutions in Linux, Windows, Mac OS X, Unix, Solaris, etc.
• Consulting hundreds of prospective and existing clients on all industry leading technologies including: Apache, Akamai, Active Directory, AWS (CloudTrail, CloudFront, CloudWatch, ELB, S3, EC2, IAM), Cisco, Docker, Nginx, OSSEC, PAN, StatsD, Varnish and VMWare among many others. From March 2014 to Present (1 year 8 months) Seattle, WashingtonSoftware Development Lead @ Microsoft Security Release Center (Software Development Lead/Program Manager II, 2013 - 2014)
Windows Azure Cloud Computing (App Developer, 2011 - 2013)
Exchange Server (Tech Lead/App Developer 2008 - 2011)
• Led/Managed teams of software developers to deliver many applications that interface with hundreds of our partner companies to enable them to react quickly to security vulnerabilities
• Improved the productivity of the Exchange SE team of 40 engineers for bug fixes by 86%.
• Increased throughput of team for custom fixes catered to customers by 65%.
• Met and exceeded SLA goals for Triage Investigates and Bug Escalations.
• Enhanced the PM process and improved automated team tools used to track and monitor SLA goals.
--- Automated cross branch check-in analysis to ensure pertinent code fixes are integrated across all products.
--- XML validation tool that uses recursion through back-end code database to prevent build breaks or tool crashes.
--- Monitoring solution to verify up-time of all team resources to ensure high team productivity.
--- Recoded much of the code review tool used by hundreds of engineers to support updated process changes.
--- Coded, scripted, and delivered a completely automated solution that reduced our cost of hardware certification for a specific server SKU down to one week from a month long manual process.
--- Improved virtual machine creation scripts by adding functionality and features to support design changes in our Azure product.
--- Helped engineer the development and testing effort in the integration of new cutting edge technologies (confidential) into our cloud computing offering and datacenters.
• Received the highest rating on core software engineering responsibilities. From August 2008 to March 2014 (5 years 8 months) Redmond, WashingtonMechanical Engineer @ Worked as a Mechanical Engineering Contractor (Volt)
• Used computer programs such as CATIA V4 and CATIA V5 as well as AutoCAD 2007 to make calculations on many different aviation projects including: 787, 747-8, 777, MMA, IDS and BCA.
• Created Visual Basic scripts in conjunction with Excel Macros to make calculation process more efficient for team.
• Calculated and estimated weights and center of gravities while following established regulations for aircraft configuration development, weight compliance, and customer specifications.
• Assisted in the writing and updating of weight and balance manuals and mass property documents.
• Participated in integrated product teams, providing and tracking weight and inertial data to meet design goals and support cost estimates. From August 2007 to May 2008 (10 months) Everett, WashingtonNanotechnology Cancer Research Assistant @ • Conducted cancer research with the Nanotechnology lab at UW on special projects under Professor Jae-Hyun Chung.
• Led research on innovative method of capturing DNA within bio-solutions to test personal hypothesis that DNA can be successfully captured by a meniscus reversal effect, reducing surface tension forces at the nanotip.
• Performed self sufficient manufacture of nanotips on Tungsten wires for purpose of DNA capture and analysis.
• Conducted research with a nanofluidic pumping device, high-performance micro-fluidic vanadium redox fuel cell and carbon nanotube laced carbon fiber materials. From September 2007 to April 2008 (8 months) Seattle, WashingtonCivil Engineer @ • Used AutoCAD to create drawings required in many in civil engineering projects; primarily Villebois.
• Performed many redline revisions on drafted plans to ensure the plans adhered to regulations within city codes.
• Revised as-built drawings and plans to reflect the survey results at various sites on the Villebois project. From July 2006 to September 2006 (3 months) Lake Oswego, Oregon
Mechanical Engineering, Computer Science, Nanotechnology, Physics, Mechanics, Manufacturing, Business, Economics, Accounting @ University of Washington From 2004 to 2008 Oregon Episcopal School Ozan Unlu is skilled in: Software Engineering, Technical Leadership, Engineering Management, Software Design, Automation, Cloud Computing, C#, C++, C, VBScript, DOS, Batch Programming, Program Management, Agile Methodologies
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension