Career purchasing executive with 20 years experience in global blue chip companies. Board member of a $7 billion/yr business. Has in-depth commercial knowledge & hands-on experience in designing and executing global commercial strategies across broad spectrum of Direct and Indirect spend categories. Proven track record in change management in large & complex organizations, including Business Process Outsourcing.
Career purchasing executive with 20 years experience in global blue chip companies. Board member of a $7 billion/yr business. Has in-depth commercial knowledge & hands-on experience in designing and executing global commercial strategies across broad spectrum of Direct and Indirect spend categories. Proven track record in change management in large & complex organizations, including Business Process Outsourcing. Regular key note speaker at a variety of leading industry conferences.
Chief Procurement Officer EMEA @ Executive Committee and Member of the Board of Directors of Goodyear Dunlop Tires Europe and Goodyear Dunlop Tires Operations. From November 2011 to Present (4 years) LuxembourgDirector Strategic Purchasing EMEA @ Executive Committee Member. Responsibility for Raw- and Indirect Materials (multi $billion/yr spend). Leads 130 FTE organization across 20+ countries. Conceived and led major change-management program, re-structured country based organization into regional commodity based procurement team, redesigned P2P process, near shored transactional buying, SAP SRM implemented across EMEA- increased savings from 3% to 6.2%/yr. Re-established regional Raw Material category management. From October 2006 to October 2011 (5 years 1 month) Brussels Area, BelgiumDirector Strategic Procurement EMEA @ Member of EMEA's Product-Supply Management Committee. Responsibility for $600 MM/yr spend across Raw Materials, Packaging and Contract Manufacturing, as well as indirect purchases. Led a team of 21 FTEs . Re-organized regional purchasing organization & work processes; cut direct spends by 7% (despite crude prices) and 15-40% cost cuts in indirect categories touched. Achievements recognized w prestigious “Officers Award’ and 2 wk executive course at INSEAD. Integrated acquisition of Baygon into SCJ purchasing network. Co-authored strategy to transform purchasing function into global commodity team organization. Advisor to SCJ’s “Technology Acquisition Network” on licensing strategy development. From February 2003 to September 2006 (3 years 8 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsGlobal Purchasing Group Manager- Fabric & Home Care SBU @ • Geneva, 1999-2003: Purchasing Group Manager EMEA responsibility for surfactant/solvent/ oleo-chemical commodity purchases ($300 MM/yr) and global strategy owner for 2 subclasses of surfactants ($200 MM/yr). 7 direct reports, 3 dotted line (global) reports. Member of Purchasing Leadership Team. Ranked as “expert” in majority of P&G’s 12 purchasing skills.
• Brussels, 1997-1999: Senior Purchasing Manager, 3 direct reports in Brussels and the UK. Gained experience in designing/negotiating licensing agreements, NDA, CDA, JDA’s. Led and concluded commercial deal with strategic supplier for exclusive supply from a grass roots chemical facility, contract value of $600 MM.
• Brussels, 1994-1997: Purchasing Manager, EMEA commodity manager as well as Global upstream chemicals commercialization manager (bleaches, silicones, chelants, dyes). Spend: $60 MM/yr and 1 direct report. From April 1994 to January 2003 (8 years 10 months) geneva area, switzerlandManagement Consultant @ Various process re-engineering projects
- Royal Dutch Telecom: designed control system to manage Work In Process
- KLM Airlines: Re-organized Public Relations Department;
- Ikea (retail): Developed FTE “master scheduling” system for the Netherlands store network From August 1992 to March 1994 (1 year 8 months) Amsterdam Area, NetherlandsLieutenant @ Military Service in Dutch Navy. Lecturer at the Naval Academy in Den Helder in the following subjects: Civic Law, Maritime Disarmament and Polemology (study of war & peace).
Elected President of the Representation Committee for Reserve Officers in the Den Helder Naval Base From January 1990 to May 1991 (1 year 5 months) Den Helder, The Netherlands
INSEAD From 2005 to 2005 post graduate course, business case study, A- @ Harvard University From 1990 to 1990 Erasmus, economie @ Katholieke Universiteit Leuven From 1990 to 1990 Doctorandus, International Relations @ Universiteit Leiden / Leiden University From 1984 to 1990 Security Seminar @ The University of Kiel From 1989 to 1989 Onno Maliepaard is skilled in: Procurement, Strategy Development, Strategic Sourcing, Contract Negotiation, Change Management, People Management, Outsourcing, Chemicals, Supply Chain Management, Management, Sourcing, Purchasing, Supply Management, International Business, Strategy, Business Development, Global Sourcing, Organizational..., Spend Analysis, E-procurement, Supply Chain, FMCG, Cross-functional Team..., Business Strategy
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension