A dedicated, driven, SC Cleared, ITIL V3 qualified in Service Management and Prince 2 practitioner in Project Management professional. I have over 10 years experience gained within Service Management roles which have included management of key ITIL and Prince 2 disciplines such as Incident/Problem/Change/Release/SLA/OLA/KPI, Service Transition, Continuous Improvement, Project and Third Party support management at a global
A dedicated, driven, SC Cleared, ITIL V3 qualified in Service Management and Prince 2 practitioner in Project Management professional. I have over 10 years experience gained within Service Management roles which have included management of key ITIL and Prince 2 disciplines such as Incident/Problem/Change/Release/SLA/OLA/KPI, Service Transition, Continuous Improvement, Project and Third Party support management at a global level.
Having worked for various outsourcing companies (ITnet/Serco, Capita, Accenture and Capgemini) and the in-house IT department of RS/Electrocomponents and Tesco Bank I have excellent experience and understanding of the requirements from both sides. I understand the challenges/key deliverables from the side of the outsourcing company and the challenges/key deliverables from an in-house IT department to support the delivery of service required to meet business objectives.
Over 10 years experience in the management of global support partners across various locations such as Cisco, Microsoft, SAP, HP, BT, Orange, Simplex, Experian, Atos, Dimension Data, Computacenter, Global Crossing and NTT.
IT literate with excellent high level understanding of all major technologies. The combination of a strong business foundation and extensive exposure to IT Service Management including ITIL V3 and Prince 2, I am able to effectively deliver real business benefit through proactive and reactive Service and Project management.
Global Major Incident Management
Prince 2 Practioner Certified
Major Incident Manager @ Providing a Major Incident Management service assurance function for National Grid. From February 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) WarwickMajor Incident Management Global Operations Manager at Rolls-Royce @ Major Incident Management Global Operations Manager at Rolls-Royce
- Overall responsibility for Global Major Incident Management team which included Major Incident Managers in Poland, UK and US.
- Process owner of Global Major Incident Management.
- As well as team management I also have to manage all Priority 1 and complex priority 2 incidents which were escalated by Senior Rolls-Royce management.
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support for Priority1/2 Incidents using ITIL v3 methodology..
- Act as the focul point for resolving high priority Major Incidents and escalations affecting multi million pound engine manufacturing for Rolls-Royce Global Aerospace (civil and defense), Marine, Energy & Nuclear businesses.
- Liaise with senior Rolls-Royce management to ensure correct priority is assigned to each incident by understanding the system criticality and business impact.
- Co-ordinate all eco-system suppliers (HP, BT, Computacenter, Shiftpoint and Capgemini) across various locations via telephone, Major Incident room and voice conference during major incident investigations.
- Manage all Priority 1/2 incident communications to senior/director level management
- Populate, review and distribute Major Incident Reports.
- Setup and facilitate Post incident review meetings, document actions and ensure a smooth handover is done to problem management to ensure root cause analysis is progressed.
- Established close working relationships with various service suppliers across the eco-system and senior customer stakeholders as based on customer site.
- Work in close liaison with change management to ensure relevant change controls are raised following corrective actions on major incidents.
- Provide support, coaching and guidance to all junior Major Incidents Managers.
- Set up and manage technical/management conference calls for high priority incidents. From January 2013 to February 2014 (1 year 2 months) WarwickMajor Incident Manager @ - Managing all major systems incidents following a credit card migration of 2.8 million customers from RBS to Tesco Bank Infrastructure.
- Ensure correct priority is assigned to each incident by understanding the system criticality and business impact.
- Co-ordinate all support teams across various geographical locations via telephone and voice conference during major incident investigations.
- Manage all high priority incident communications to senior management via telephone, email and SMS text messaging.
- Populate, review and distribute Major Incident Reports
- Ensure problem management is invoked to investigate root cause analysis following an incident resolution.
- Manage key stakeholder relationships.
- Liaise with various departments to establish business impact and handle any system performance complaints.
- Identify and implement any service improvements following major incident review meetings.
- Provide 24 x 7 on-call support for all major incidents. From May 2012 to October 2012 (6 months) Converged Communications Manager @ - Directly responsible for managing an outsourced global network, telephony, security and video contract to a global Vendor.
- Cover and support SAP, Infrastructure, Service Desk and field support service manager’s when required.
- I was responsible for the re-negotiation and renewal of the outsourced contract which involved various stages such benchmarking against competitors via Gartner, review and amendment of SLA’s, finances and re-drafting of contract.
- Attend monthly Commercial, Service review and Service Improvement meetings with vendors to review service being provided, finances, SLA’s/OLA’s/KPI’s and identify service/process improvements.
- Manage the Global converged communications Operational and capital expenditure annual budgets.
- Produce monthly highlight reports to senior management.
- Manage/develop 3rd Party and business relationships with key stakeholders.
- Resource plan internal and 3rd party support teams for project and incident support.
- Project manage a number of Global projects such as LAN Refresh, new office setups, WAN/LAN migration from Global Crossing to NTT, rollout of Cisco WAAS, rollout of Video Conferencing across global locations and rollout of Avaya and Siemens telephony platforms.
- Responsible for transitioning new services and processes into support from project phase.
- Design, co-ordinate and present at Group IS Road shows in various global offices to help meet a Group IS objective of improving relationships between the business and Group IS.
- Work with and cover group Security/risk manager which involved reviewing and authorising all network/firewall changes and ensuring all processes were in line with industry standards such as PCI and ISO.
- Perform day to day team management activities for own team (Annual appraisals, Recruitment, Holidays, Sickness, On-call Rota and Personal Development plans). From July 2009 to March 2012 (2 years 9 months) Corby, NorthamptonshireGlobal Incident and Problem Manager @ My responsibilities were:
- To manage all GIS system incidents for all Operating Companies through restoration of normal business service as quickly as possible within the agreed SLA’s, ensuring that problem management took place to establish root cause via resolver groups and preventative measures implemented.
- Ensure all high priority incidents were formally reviewed with all appropriate parties and Post Incident or Major Incident Management reports produced.
- Share and communicate lessons learnt from Post Incident and major incident reports as appropriate
- Rolled out Global Problem Management as per ITIL and ensured all departments followed the process.
- Responsible for roll out of the Business Incident Management Process as per ITIL framework across the Asia Pacific region.
- Direct Problem Management to ensure root cause and Trend analysis takes place.
- Co-ordinate multiple support teams.
- Use authority during the incident management process to ensure all processes and communications were in accordance with policy and SLA, across Global OpCo’s and process areas.
- Manage content and timing of regular communication to interested parties of incident status and action plans via SMS text messages, conference calls or email.
- Ensure all Changes were raised correctly, tested in pre-production environment and agree all outages with the relevant business areas if required. Communicate all changes to all business areas and senior management.
- Attend and Chair Technical Change Board, review, approve and reject change requests.
- Management of global 3rd party support teams (Dimension Data and Atos Origin in various locations across the globe) to ensure they delivered the Service defined within the agreed SLA’s
- Perform day to day team management activities for own team (Annual appraisals, Holidays, Sickness, On-call Rota and Personal Development plans). From October 2007 to July 2009 (1 year 10 months) Major Incident Management Lead @ - Responsible for managing the Incident Management team as well as providing an end to end Major Incident Management function for a number of global, commercial and public sector clients which were supported from the Warwick and Bangalore delivery centres. Some of the clients supported were BG Group (Global Gas and Oil production), Sainsbury’s, Unilever, Accenture Finance and HR, EDF Energy, Rural payments agency, Erste Bank and Macquarie Bank.
- Ensure all Incidents were logged consistently and accurately utilising offshore (Bangalore) Service desk.
- Management of global 3rd parties (Cable and Wireless, Orange, BT and various local Telcos in a number of countries), ensuring they delivered Services defined within the agreed SLA’s.
- Liaise and co-ordinate a number of support teams in various countries such as India, Germany, Canada and Egypt, to help towards a resolution of incidents.
- Management of complaints and major escalations from the client’s management team.
- Co-ordinate efforts of technical departments & 3rd parties in resolving incidents. This involved arranging various conference calls and meetings between 3rd parties & internal teams.
- Provide ongoing coaching to Junior Incident Managers and offshore resource on Incident and Service desk management.
- Escalated all major incidents to internal management, support teams and senior management at the customers end. Provided regular updates and resolution details for all major incidents.
- Worked alongside Problem management.
- Produced major incident reports for high severity incidents. - Chaired regular meetings with Internal service delivery teams, customers and third parties.
- Attended regular service review meetings with customers and third parties.
- Provided regular process improvements for the offshore Service desk and Service control functions.
- Identified and implemented service improvement plans to help towards saving costs as well as improving the general service. From November 2005 to October 2007 (2 years) WarwickIncident/Problem/Change Management Team Leader @ My responsibilities were:
Team lead the Incident/problem and Change management team.
Some of the clients supported were, Driving Standards Agency, Transport for London (including congestion charging) and Criminal Record Bureau.
Ensure all priority 1 incidents were managed from initial log by the service desk through to resolution and closure within the agreed Sla's.
Escalate all high severity incidents to internal and external customer management teams.
Arrange conference calls with internal service delivery functions and external support groups to help towards the resolution of incidents and problems.
Ensure all Changes were raised correctly, tested in pre-production environment and agree all outages with the relevant business areas if required. Communicate all changes to all business areas and senior management.
Organise the shift rota and holiday bookings for the Incident and problem management team.
Recruitment of incident and problem managers. This involved the whole recruitment process, placing advertisement on Internet, checking CV's, telephone interview, face to face interview and then making the final job offer.
Investigate and respond to all complaints and escalations from senior management.
Produce a number of daily, weekly and monthly reports for senior management.
Event Manager (Incident/Problem and Change Management) June 2002 to November 2004
This role was the same as the positions above where I supported the following customers using ITIL best practices From December 2004 to November 2005 (1 year) Service Desk Analyst @ Providing 1st, 2nd line and Out Of Hours Support for the customers in Event Management role above. From August 2000 to June 2002 (1 year 11 months)
A Levels in Law, Sociology, Computing and Business Studies @ Sutton Coldfield College From 1992 to 1994 GCSE's: Englash, Maths, Science, Geography, Business Studies and Urdu @ Saltley Secondary School From 1988 to 1992 Omer Zaman is skilled in: Incident Management, Problem Solving, Change Management, Software Project..., Incident Analysis, Creative Problem Solving, Problem Analysis, Innovative Problem..., IT Service Management, Service Management, Service Delivery, Change Control, Business Change..., Change Communication, Project Planning, Project Implementation, Project Coordination, Project Finance, Project Execution, Project Delivery, Network Operations, Converged Networks, Managed Services, Vendor Relations, Vendor Management, Vendor Finance, Contract Management, Capacity Planning, Continuous Improvement, Business Continuity, Disaster Recovery, Network Security, IT Audit, Meeting Management, Commercial Management, Time Management, Staff Development, Staff Management, Resource Management, Resource Allocation, Project Management, ITIL, Incident Handling, Management, Outsourcing, Team Management, IT Operations, Sla, Stakeholder Management, ITIL v3 Foundations...
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension