Extensive experience working inside the data of one of the world’s largest companies. Previously, I was solely responsible for the Analytics and Waste Optimisation of one of the Top Four UK Supermarkets. Greatly enjoy the problem-solving nature of data science, and finding that ‘eureka’ moment. Believer in the power of data, and a regular attendee at data
Extensive experience working inside the data of one of the world’s largest companies. Previously, I was solely responsible for the Analytics and Waste Optimisation of one of the Top Four UK Supermarkets. Greatly enjoy the problem-solving nature of data science, and finding that ‘eureka’ moment. Believer in the power of data, and a regular attendee at data science community DataKind. Strong desire to achieve and be creative.
Analytics & BI Consultant @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) London, United KingdomInsight Analyst @ Through use of SQL, I deliver business insights of the reduced item section of a Top 4 Retailer and create the reduction percentages using, amongst others, the elasticity of demand principle.
• Ensure system accuracy meets the agreed SLA, through analysis of available data and the refinement of available parameters
• Engage and provide insights into client performance trends and provide insightful articulations of these findings to the client teams
• Data analysis, interpretation and articulation
• Provide business intelligence
• Investigating system / data issues and establishing resolution or escalating and communicating to developers
• Support the Client Management Team with product / service development
• Act as client facing subject matter expert
• Strong working knowledge of SQL
• Excellent knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite - Excel Macros
• Ability to understand retail challenges and pro-actively articulate solutions and approaches
• Ability to grasp complex technical models and translate them into day to day client service support
• Ability to plan time effectively and deliver multiple priorities to deadlines
Types of models:
Dynamic model – Reduced Items:
• Primary responsibility for operating and optimising a model
• Trial verses Control Analysis – Implementing changes to the values across the UK and measure their financial effect on the business
• I work on editing the model which takes into account demographics / time of day / high trading days and other variables to continuously improve the results
Predictive model – Availability measure:
• Created a robust relative measure for departments within a store to be measured against each other
• Created bespoke analyses on high trading periods
• Analysed potential client's data for Reduced and In The Bin Items
• Consulted client on their current operations
• Created a 4 Step Plan to decrease the cost of their Waste Operation through improving process From April 2012 to March 2015 (3 years) London, United KingdomData Scientist @ Summer Dive: I worked for Buttle UK
Autumn Dive - I worked for The Institute for Local Governance - North East England Child Poverty:
Worst Area’s in the North East for Child Poverty?
Combined ONS and HMRC data for the North East of England down to the Lower Super Output Area’s (LSOA) level of detailed granularity from 2007 and 2014. Listed the LSOA's by Quantity of Child poverty - highest to lowest.
Which LSOA’s are experiencing an increase in Child Poverty?
Measured the change of the quantity of children in poverty between 2007 and 2010 and then from 2010 and 2014 for each LSOA. Categorised my data into 5 groups on a scale of 2 to -2 highlighting the percent of LSOA's in each category. Two meant that the quantity decreased over the two groupings of years, vice versa for minus 2. Our team then graphically represented this categorised information on a map, which clearly depicted the areas to concentrate on.
Correlation between Health and Child Poverty?
Measured 2014's child poverty level per LSOA against 5 health statistics that the government provide in their www.neighbourhood.statitics.gov.uk site. I found correlation ranging from 0.554 to 0.392. This provides further evidence of how devastating an impact that poverty can have on society.
This information is being used by the organisation to help target resources to combat poverty and to gain more funding.
Our society currently takes a stance against poverty which is too reactionary, costing the economy and the NHS a lot of money. We should take a more proactive stance. From 2014 to 2014 (less than a year) Senior Associate @ Origination - Corporate
• Researched potential clients through industry and company analysis
• Credit rated potential clients
• Completed a FAT (funding allocation template)
• Legal understanding of producing a corporate facility agreement
• Weekly responsibilities
• FX product knowledge
Relationship Management – Corporate / Acquisition Finance
• Annual periodic review
• Corporate banking product knowledge
• Operational banking knowledge
• Analysed the utilisation of products (RCF) and adjustment requests
• Summarised sections of the facility agreements
• Daily responsibilities
• Professional image
• Volunteered as a Clydesdale Bank representative
• Social with colleagues From June 2011 to March 2012 (10 months) Quality Assurance and Administrator @ • Worked on the development of the ‘Giving Something Back’ project – Funded by the Big Lottery Fund:
o Attended conferences
o Analysed and summarised documents on drug policy and rehabilitation
o Researched and phoned organisations to form professional ties
• Panellist deciding on which practitioner to send to the National IHRA conference.
• Produced the monthly ‘Stakeholder Feedback’ document.
• Worked on a successful application for the ‘Investors In People’ award.
• Interviewed employees to improve the induction and transition programmes.
• I have performed all sorts of receptionist duties
• I performed a HR role:
o Interviewed candidates for volunteer positions
o Verified references and CRB’s From December 2010 to June 2011 (7 months) Life Guard @ Qualified Life Guard (NPLQ) for West Sussex Council at the ‘Aquarena Pool and Leisure Facilities’ in Worthing.
Team working skills
Crowd control during fire practises and evacuations.
Customer service From January 2007 to December 2009 (3 years) Supervisor @ From September 2008 to January 2009 (5 months)
BSc Honours, Business Economics @ University of Westminster From 2007 to 2011 Christ's Hospital From 2000 to 2007 Oliver Sayers is skilled in: Data Analysis, Waste Markdown Optimisation, Consulting, Retail, Data Visualization, Microsoft SQL Server, Microsoft Excel, Alteryx, Tableau, Predictive Analytics, Business Analysis, Business Development, Social Media, CRM, Strategy, Analytics, Business Intelligence, Finance, SQL
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension