I am a very experienced manager, software developer and architect. In recent years I mostly had positions with technological and/or team responsibility. I very often worked as a lead developer, principal engineer, architect or team lead mostly at dynamic startups, middle sized innovative companies and sometimes at large international corporations. I have a long experience with lightweight
I'm a great fan of agile and I have experiences with Scrum, Kanban, XP and TDD. I am very much technology oriented and I am constantly updating my knowledge. I consider life long learning as a pleasure. I like to share my knowledge and I like to attend conferences and other means of knowledge exchange. I am in favor of OSS. I am very team oriented and open minded. I prefer an agile and pragmatic style of working with high quality goals.
I am working with computers since the age of 14 and I have more than 20 years of experience in professional software development. I started professional development part time after school and I was freelancing while attending college.
Technical Architect / Technical Lead @ From December 2015 to Present (1 month) Berlin Area, GermanyPeople Lead @ Disciplinary Leadership. Leading, developing and mentoring individual employees. From September 2015 to November 2015 (3 months) Berlin Area, GermanyDelivery Lead @ Technology Leadership. Driving software development and architecture, leading and mentoring teams at Zalando's 'Brand Solutions' division. From May 2015 to August 2015 (4 months) Berlin Area, GermanyCTO for Project Playdate @ Parents Dating Site.
Backend with Vert.x, Docker, MongoDB. Frontend mit AngularJS, Bootstrap, Websockets. Mobile mit Ionic und Cordova. From July 2014 to May 2015 (11 months) Berlin Area, GermanySoftware Architect / Developer @ High performance highly scalable low latency communication platform for auto motive (Car2Car and Car2X communication) and home appliances (IoT). Asynchronous non-blocking application based on Java, Spring, JMS, NoSQL and WebSockets. From November 2014 to April 2015 (6 months) Berlin Area, GermanyGrails Developer / Freelancer @ Customer is developing solutions for charging points for electric vehicles
- Developing a mobile web application
- Build with Grails and jQuery mobile From September 2014 to September 2014 (1 month) Berlin Area, GermanyBackend Developer / Freelancer @ TV Bonus program based on smartphone apps
- Pushing the features forward and consolidating the existing code base
- Spring Roo based backend, REST APIs
- I'm doing mostly backend development From November 2013 to August 2014 (10 months) Berlin Area, GermanyPrincipal Engineer / Freelancer @ - It is a health centered social network and doctor rating platform
- The project is a complete rewrite of the software
- It is build with Grails and MongoDB hosted at a PaaS provider
- My responsibility is the architecture of the whole system, the technology stack, the development setup, coding the backend. From September 2012 to October 2013 (1 year 2 months) Hamburg Area, GermanySoftware Architect, Grails Consultant / Freelancer @ - Very modern, very scalable community driven publishing platform
- Grails-backends, NoSQL DBs, gradle
- Architecture, build system, Grails consulting From May 2012 to August 2012 (4 months) Berlin Area, GermanySoftware Developer / Freelancer @ - Applications with iPads as clients. Apps for business communication, event management.
- Grails back-ends mit oracle datenbases and REST APIs.
- Responsible for the Grails back-end. From September 2011 to April 2012 (8 months) Software Developer / Freelancer @ - Massive collaborative real time visual editing and visualisation of business data.
and SVG (Google Chrome only); lot of ajax. Back-end integration with Pinuts inhouse-
- Responsible for the Grails application. From February 2011 to August 2011 (7 months) Berlin Area, GermanySoftware Developer / Freelancer @ - Technology modernisation of the Workforce Management System “PowerWork”
- Spring, OSGi, iBatis based Web application with a Rich-Client
- Tech-Lead for the Back-End SAP synchronization for the module Netservice From August 2010 to January 2011 (6 months) Berlin Area, GermanyFreelancing Software Developer and Architect @ Several smaller Android projects.
- Android 2.2, eclipse From January 2010 to July 2010 (7 months) Berlin Area, GermanyLead Developer @ Project www.docinsider.de, a web 2.0 medical community portal using groovy and grails. Project lead.
Project for mobile.de (eBay Motors Germany), a vehicle trade platform based on spring and freemarker
Project finanzen100.de. A financial portal based on sping, hessian and neofonie search, running on amazon ec2. Tech lead frontend. From April 2008 to December 2009 (1 year 9 months) Senior Software Engineer @ Project at zimory GmbH, a computing cloud solution.
- Tech Lead for refactoring
- Introduction of maven and spring
Project jobs.de for jobscout, a job search engine and portal site.
- Tech lead and architecture
- Lightweight JEE with Spring Spring WS, Spring Security, iBatis From September 2006 to April 2008 (1 year 8 months) Senior Software Engineer @ - Project lead for product 'Skat Masters'
- Refactoring of legacy business logic
- Architectural analysis
- Introduction of Spring DI From September 2005 to August 2006 (1 year) Software Engineer @ - J2EE with JBoss and Hibernate
- Migration from OODBMS to RDBMS
- Tech lead for the persistence layer
- Refactoring legacy code
- Agile and test driven development
- Tools in Swing
- First steps with the Spring Framework From 2002 to 2005 (3 years) Software Engineer @ - Java device drivers for POS devices
- Linux migration of the POS system
- Evaluation of RDBMS for the Linux POS port
- Persistence layer extension
- JUnit tests From 2000 to 2002 (2 years) Developer @ - Servlets
- Swing GUI
- Java Flash player/editor From 1998 to 2000 (2 years) Independent Professional / Student @ Serious web development from 1996 - 1998 with lots of projects
- Custom Java applets
- Dynamic websites
Before 1996 I did various projects next to my studies or school. Too many too list them all :) Some examples:
- MIDI synthesizer manger in C (sold world wide)
- calculation software for industrial engineering in modula 2
- computer game for the Atari ST in C and 68000 assembler
- office management solution in VBA and MS Office From 1987 to 1998 (11 years)