Chief Financial Officer @ Schiller Grounds Care, Inc.
Honeywell Process Solutions @
Director, Operational Development @ CSS Industries, Inc.
Cedar Grove Academy
Over 20 years of progressive and diversified financial management experience that includes 7 years of "Big 4" public accounting and over 15 years of manufacturing and service industry experience in both Corporate and Operational roles. High Energy, results driven leader with proven interpersonal and leadership skills. Strong record of achieving improved operating results and profitable revenue growth
Over 20 years of progressive and diversified financial management experience that includes 7 years of "Big 4" public accounting and over 15 years of manufacturing and service industry experience in both Corporate and Operational roles. High Energy, results driven leader with proven interpersonal and leadership skills. Strong record of achieving improved operating results and profitable revenue growth through financial insight and savvy, superior operational execution and effective leadership. Capable leader who is a valued business partner. Key strengths and areas of expertise include:
KEY AREAS OF EXPERTISE
• Profitable Growth
• Process Improvement
• Business Turnaround
• Working Capital Management
• Acquisition Due Diligence / Asset Divesture
• Business Integration
• Multiple ERP System Implementations
• Extensive Product Costing Experience
• Budgeting, Strategic Planning and Forecasting
• Financial Reporting & Analysis
• Activity Based Costing
• Economic Value Added Analysis (EVA)
• Technical Research and Compliance With Technical Pronouncements
Global Director Sales Operations and Finance @ Global Director – Sales Operations and Finance (2014 – Present)
•Implemented Process Improvements resulting in:
o Greatly improved forecast accuracy and timeliness
o Dramatically improved timeliness of payment of sales incentives (greatly improving sales force morale)
o Dramatically improved timeliness of deployment of quota globally (5 month improvement)
•Reorganized function upgrading talent and leveraging low cost back office resources
•Enabling modern and mobile sales force with applications and content on iPad
•Development and deployment of Strategic Plan and Game Changing Initiatives
•Improved data accuracy and integrity through development of dash boards targeting key improvement areas
•Development of annual revenue plan, cost plans, forecasts and weekly pulse
•Improved reporting and analysis around pipeline (critical in this long cycle business) From 2014 to Present (1 year) Houston, Texas AreaFinance Director - Americas @ Finance Director – Americas (2008 – 2014)
• Successfully integrated 3 acquisitions:
o Delivered significant synergy savings through integration of 3 finance functions and transitioning general accounting, accounts payable and cash application functions to Honeywell Shared Services (after systems integrations)
o Implemented SAP across multiple entities enabling further synergies and improved analysis and reporting
o Performed Purchase Accounting
• Drove profitable business growth and ensured the Americas delivered on commitments
• Development of strategic plan, Annual Operating Plan and monthly forecasts
• Improved financial reporting and analysis (FP&A) focusing on profitable growth and working capital management
• Outsourced Financial Planning and Analysis support resources to low cost countries
• Improved processes to reduce closing schedule from over one week to three days
• Implemented Honeywell policies and procedures across all entities From 2009 to 2014 (5 years) Corporate Controller @ • Developed Global Tax Planning Strategy, utilizing Deloitte Tax, to maximize global tax efficiency
• Performed controls review in Suzhou China manufacturing facility implementing tighter control environment
• Negotiated/resolved tax audits with the IRS. Managed day to day tax activities.
• Responsible for all closing activities and financial reporting.
• Monitored and reported compliance with debt covenants
• Trained, developed and managed finance staff of ten professionals
• Implemented controls around inventory accounting to properly match costs and activities and eliminate fluctuations in gross margin
• Full ownership of all audit responsibilities From 2007 to 2009 (2 years) Director, Operational Development @ •Interim V.P. Finance – Cleo division - $160 million gift wrap manufacturer (February 2005 - July 2006).
o Restructured finance department
o Implemented Web based cash management tools replacing manual cash management process
o Developed and implemented costing/pricing tool to establish control over the pricing function as a key step in the turnaround process.
o Responsible for compliance with SOX requirements.
•Implemented Hyperion Enterprise across all divisions of the company to replace out dated consolidation process with SOX compliant solution (August 2003 to May 2004).
•Acting Controller – Paper Magic Group - $120 million manufacturer and importer of Christmas Cards, Halloween Costumes and Valentine and Easter cards and gifts (April 2003 to July 2003).
oActing controller during search for permanent replacement of the function
oImplemented controls around closing process to improve timeliness and accuracy of closing including implementation of closing checklists, account reconciliation checklists and establishing accountability for performance.
•Acting Controller – Offray division - $100 million manufacturer of fabric ribbon (March 2002 to March 2003)
o Prepared the closing balance sheet and negotiated final settlement of escrow with the sellers
o Performed all purchase price allocation accounting and conformed accounting policies to parent company
•Performed quarterly Technical Update summarizing developments (FASB, EITF, SEC, FSB, etc…) and assessing impact on the company.
•Financial analysis and project justification/evaluation, including facility closure evaluations and acquisition modeling.
•Participation on due diligence team evaluating potential acquisition candidates
•Lead the company-wide Credit Committee including annual credit meeting and semi-monthly credit calls. Credit committee responsible for setting credit limits for high-risk customers and monitoring payment terms for those customers. Participated in negotiations with high-risk customers From 2002 to 2007 (5 years) Greater Philadelphia AreaController @ • Lead finance function for North America overseeing a downsized staff of 30
• Relocated all accounting functions from Pennsylvania to Georgia
• Key member of Due Diligence team evaluating the successful acquisition of a major competitor (with $1 billion in annual sales).
• Responsible for all internal reporting.
• Disposed of four “non-core” businesses over a one-year period
• Led successful initiative to shorten the closing schedule and instilled discipline in the closing process.
• Member of Project Management Office overseeing implementation of JD Edwards throughout the U.S. From 1999 to 2002 (3 years) Reading, Pennsylvania AreaSenior Manager @ Senior Manager – Information, Communication and Entertainment practice (June 1998 – June 1999):
• Planned and administered attest engagements for public and privately held clients.
• Significant involvement in public and private debt and equity placements.
• Worked with start-up and Pre-IPO companies and assisted in finance department development. From 1998 to 1999 (1 year) Greater Philadelphia AreaController @ Controller - Plastic Operations (June 1995 – June 1998)
Member of the division staff with full financial responsibility for this $160 million, 7-plant operation (U.S., Puerto Rico and Brazil).
• Full responsibility for Cost Accounting, Billing, General Accounting, Management Reporting, Project Justification, Planning, Budgeting, Analysis and Forecasting.
• Significant involvement in acquisition evaluation and site selection in Mexico and Brazil.
• Working with the VP - Manufacturing Operations developed “Turnaround Action Plan”. This successful program eliminated significant losses and restored the group to profitability through capacity rationalization and targeted growth.
• Cash Flow Management - Implemented working capital reduction program to reduce Accounts Receivable and Inventory.
• Initiated standard cost review and education program to educate management in the effective use of standard cost system.
• Made presentations to all levels of management and outside parties including: Board of Directors, Chief Executive Officer, Bank Underwriters and Acquirers of the Company.
• Continuous efforts designed to make effective use of underutilized SAP business system resulting in timely and accurate business decisions. From 1991 to 1998 (7 years) Audit Manager @ • Accelerated advancement to Manager in 1990.
• Developed and executed due diligence procedures to assist clients in merger and acquisition activities.
• Member Computer Risk Management team responsible for advising engagement teams on the impact of EDP on audit plans (previously passed Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) exam). From 1985 to 1991 (6 years) Greater Philadelphia Area
Bachelor of Business Administration (BBA), Accounting, Overall 3.51 Accounting 3.93 @ Temple University From 1981 to 1985 Norman CMA is skilled in: Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Financial Reporting, SEC filings, Forecasting, Accounting, Financial Analysis, Sarbanes-Oxley, Internal Controls, Cost Accounting, Cash Management, Process Improvement, Hyperion Enterprise, Risk Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Finance
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension