Bachelor, Digital Systems and Computers @
Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana
Solution-oriented, highly analytical and resourceful professional with experience in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity. Major contributor on the definition, improvement and implementation of processes and procedures for the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity program in the IT Organization. Key liaison role with other initiatives and organizations in the company such as the Emergency Management Advancement Program and
Solution-oriented, highly analytical and resourceful professional with experience in Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity. Major contributor on the definition, improvement and implementation of processes and procedures for the Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity program in the IT Organization. Key liaison role with other initiatives and organizations in the company such as the Emergency Management Advancement Program and Enterprise Network Operations Center. Continuous strive for knowledge and service excellence.
Exceptional education; consistently keeping current with emerging technologies and a team player with reputation for providing excellent service with outstanding verbal and written communication skills.
Specialties: Cumulative experience of 19 years in the IT industry consulting, designing, deploying, operating and training with main focus in data protection and Disaster Recovery environments.
IT Disaster Recovery Architect @ Definition, improvement and implementation of Disaster Recovery Process and Documentation.
Exercise planning and implementation.
IT Emergency Response team member. From July 2012 to Present (3 years 4 months) Senior Backup Administrator @ • Collaborated with IBM in the development of four Tivoli Storage Manager certification tests.
• Maintained, supported and enhanced enterprise’s backup environment, including 12 ITSM backup/archive AIX servers and various peripheral devices such as enterprise SAN storage, physical tape libraries and VTLs handling over 750 TB of data for above 3 thousand backup/archive clients.
• Planned, consulted, designed and implemented data protection related projects.
• Provided second tier support for complex client backup and archive related issues.
• Tested new technologies for the data protection environment and participated in the documentation and decision making of new hardware acquisition.
-Designed Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) backup/archive policies and implemented them in four new ITSM servers for the “Infrastructure as a Service” project (IAAS)
-Reduced data protection maintenance costs by automating various operation and implementation tasks through TSM tools and UNIX shell scripting. From April 2007 to June 2012 (5 years 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTivoli Storage Manager Consultant @ • Established current enterprise backup and archive standard at PG&E
• Reviewed, redesigned and implemented new enterprise backup and archive policies at PG&E
- Streamlined overall enterprise data protection environment by the standardization and documentation of data protection policies companywide. From March 2006 to March 2007 (1 year 1 month) IT Specialist @ • Designed and implemented Tivoli Storage Manager (TSM) architecture for over 20 customers nationwide for retail, financial, energy, automotive and communication industries including the majority of TSM product family.
• Implemented enterprise IBM Tivoli applications for Inventory, Software Distribution and Remote Control for energy, automotive and banking industries.
• Supported OS/2 family products and dictation software nationwide.
- Participated in the development of IBM certification test "TIVOLI STORAGE MANAGER V4"
- Worked with OS/2 family products worldwide second tier support personnel (Austin TX, 1999) From April 1998 to March 2006 (8 years) Mexico City Area, MexicoIT Specialist @ I/T Specilaist / Software support
•OS/2 family products and dictation software support.
- Co-Author of IBM red book publication “The OS/2 Warp 4 CID Rapid Deployment Tools” (Austin, TX. 1997) From October 1995 to April 1998 (2 years 7 months)
Project Leadership: Building High Performance Teams, Project Management @ University of California, Berkeley From 2014 to 2014 Bachelor, Digital Systems and Computers @ Universidad Autónoma Metropolitana From 1987 to 1993 Norma Ortiz is skilled in: TSM, Storage Area Networks, Disaster Recovery, Storage, AIX, Enterprise Storage, SAN, Troubleshooting, Solution Architecture, Replication, Unix, Software Documentation, Operating Systems, Unix Shell Scripting, Business Continuity, SharePoint, Data Center, IT Operations, Enterprise Architecture, Visio, Enterprise Software, IBM Tivoli, Hardware, Shell Scripting, IBM AIX
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension