Senior Director Finance / Deputy CFO – SMSG Controller Western Europe @ Microsoft
BSc, Business @
University of Uppsala
As the global FP&A leader at SONOS, I have built the company’s FP&A organization and a scalable operation to enable high revenue growth in the fast changing music listening market. I am proud of the strategic and tactical impact I have had on SONOS’ growing business – from early stage to a strong market leader. I have
As the global FP&A leader at SONOS, I have built the company’s FP&A organization and a scalable operation to enable high revenue growth in the fast changing music listening market. I am proud of the strategic and tactical impact I have had on SONOS’ growing business – from early stage to a strong market leader. I have brought thought leadership to strategic planning, performance management, customer insights, and amplified our ability to act upon the analytics we deliver from our rich data set.
Prior to SONOS, I spent 14 years advancing Microsoft’s corporate objectives and managing financial resources to achieve its goals.
In my role at Microsoft, I was instrumental in establishing the economic engine and market focus areas for the Office business. I also played a crucial role in Microsoft’s acquisition of FAST Search and Transfer, the leading Enterprise Search company at the time. As FAST’s CFO, I directed the integration of its end-to-end financial functions as well as its Sales Operations.
Through the combination of my experiences, both in the field and within the corporate environment, I have developed comprehensive knowledge of scaling a company successfully as well as potential pitfalls. Currently with SONOS, I utilize my prior experience to provide leadership on growing a company in its early stages into a much larger and thriving organization.
Senior Director Global FP&A @ I manage the global FP&A team including the demand forecast function with team members in Santa Barbara, Cambridge, and Europe. During my time at SONOS I have built out the analytical engine that has become the center piece within the company around customer insights across our products, channels and countries.
I have also taken on additional responsibilities to lead the demand forecasting function. As a global FP&A team we deliver all the normal reporting of our key KPIs and communicate with key internal and external stakeholders. I am proud of fostering a team culture that goes beyond the “expected” understanding of variances and the ability to tell a concise business story and also includes us driving actions across the company based upon the learnings.
Areas under my responsibility are:
• All planning related activities – Long term strategic planning to our shorter team planning cycles
• Revenue, CAPEX, OPEX, Cash and working capital forecasting
• Demand forecasting through a customer behavior lens
• Business partnership functions across Product Development, Operations and Marketing
• Advanced analytics of our rich customer data – specifically focused on Customer Behavior analytics and the impact of our strategies
• Monthly and Quarterly Financial and Customer reporting and insights including crisp story telling
• Board Level communications
• Investor engagement primarily around the long term financial plan
• Engagement with VC owners on different ad hoc initiatives – for example forecast architecture
• Tool development and evolution From September 2012 to Present (3 years 4 months) Santa Barbara, California Area6 different roles since 1998 @ From September 1998 to Present (17 years 4 months) Senior Director Finance / Deputy CFO – SMSG Controller Western Europe @ I direct finance-related operations in Western Europe comprising the second-largest Microsoft market (after the U.S.). This includes supervising and working closely with the senior controllers of Sales, Marketing, and Services covering Microsoft subsidiaries in Western Europe
My duties include:
• Collaborating with senior executives at Microsoft to develop both short- and long-term strategies for growing revenue and profitability and for investing resources in Western Europe
• Developing strategies to cope with the diverse economies in these markets
• Managing the financial review process with each subsidiary and corporate stakeholders regarding revenues, resources, and future plans as well as any mid-course actions that should be taken in each market From May 2010 to Present (5 years 8 months) Senior Director Finance / FAST CFO @ From April 2008 to April 2010 (2 years 1 month) Senior Director Finance – Microsoft Office Planning and Analysis @ From April 2005 to April 2008 (3 years 1 month) Senior Controller – U.S. Small and Mid-market Solutions & Partners (US-SMS&P) @ From April 2004 to April 2005 (1 year 1 month) Business Controller – Industry Solutions Group (ISG) @ From April 2000 to April 2004 (4 years 1 month) District Business Strategy Specialist @ From September 1998 to April 2000 (1 year 8 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaMarketing Analyst @ From October 1994 to August 1996 (1 year 11 months) Stockholm, Sweden
MBA @ University of California, Berkeley - Walter A. Haas School of Business From 1996 to 1998 BSc, Business @ University of Uppsala From 1991 to 1994 Niklas Moe is skilled in: Mergers, Accounting, Compliance, Acquisition Integration, Strategic Planning, Business Intelligence, Business Analysis, Financial Analysis, Field Operations, Sales Management, Sales Operations, Sales Process, Financial Management, P&L Management, International Business
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension