Senior Engineering PM, Internet Services Group (iCloud) @ Apple
University of California, Irvine
Manager, TPM - Capacity Engineering @ I'm currently a TPM at Facebook focusing on capacity and engineering programs. I focus on programs that help FB stay ahead of growth and future product needs. This includes full life cycle management planning for our data centers and applications. Additional areas of focus include supporting growth, disaster recovery, product management,
Manager, TPM - Capacity Engineering @ I'm currently a TPM at Facebook focusing on capacity and engineering programs. I focus on programs that help FB stay ahead of growth and future product needs. This includes full life cycle management planning for our data centers and applications. Additional areas of focus include supporting growth, disaster recovery, product management, efficiency, and 24x7 upkeep of the FB site.
- Manage cross-functional site infrastructure projects in a matrix organization covering a range of areas (data center, network, hardware systems, software engineering, production engineering, site reliability operations, and capacity engineering).
- Help make decisions and drive strategic programs based on company growth needs as well as taking into consideration financial decisions
- Close partnership with Capacity Engineering to drive multiple programs from DC deployments, migrations, decoms to efficiency programs that drive improvements for our applications and infrastructure scale
- Work with application engineers to help launch products by taking into consideration CPU, memory and storage
- Drive product enhancements for automation and tooling required to manage our fleet of HW and DC's
- Support Facebook Search programs to ensure that we can deploy and launch search related features. Work closely with engineering to determine architecture and efficiency improvements to scale for our 1B+ user base. Programs include capacity planning, latency improvements, building automation tooling to test features and deploy indexes
- Help drive Facebook software and hardware web architecture, systems, and production operations
- Provide PM support during analysis, design, development, testing, implementation, and post implementation phases
- Conduct incident review meetings and process changes to improve reliability and up-time
- Help grow and mentor teams by actively being involved in interview loops for infra teams From March 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) Senior Engineering Project Manager, Internet Services Group (iCloud) @ Instrumental to Apple's iCloud launch team in 2011. Responsible for the engineering program management of infrastructure projects within Apple’s Internet Services Group (ISG). ISG supports cross-functional projects throughout the Apple organization, including: iCloud, MobileMe, iTunes and other Internet based back-end server applications serving Apple's customer base.
- Manage high visibility software production deployments and releases by working with cross functional teams such as Engineering, Product Management, QA, Hardware and Support to align with Apple’s internet services strategy
- Worked on world-wide software launches by collaborating with Engineers and Marketing/Development teams to turn high level requirements into realistic and scalable architecture processes
- Responsible for the infrastructure component of the iCloud release which had more than 20 million customers sign up during the first few days! Managed the entire deployment plan to release iCloud to customers.
- In-depth understanding of internet systems components to include internet technologies, networking, architecture, scalability and security
- Facilitated and helped manage incident reviews during outages and maintenances. Able to lead working with 100+ engineers on deployments and fixes
- Guide architectural decisions based on product roadmaps and projected technology adoption
- Lead monthly vendor reviews with senior management to ensure related costs and performance is in Apple’s best interest
- Managed multiple programs of varying scale and depth for FindMyiPhone, iWork, iMessage, iDisk, MobileMe, iPhoto, Photo Stream, etc to ensure successful launch plans From July 2009 to March 2012 (2 years 9 months) Project Manager, Systems Integration @ System Integration Programs: Responsible for supporting FIM’s business units on all aspects from daily operations, product launches, budget planning & leading engineering programs. Business units include: MySpace.com, Fox.com, American Idol, Fox Digital Publishing Group (Fox TV Stations), FoxSports, AskMen.com, and IGN.com.
- Conduit between the business units and internal technical engineering teams to build out infrastructure and scalable environments for product launches
- Successfully managed programs for 5 different business units (IGN, FoxSports, AskMen, etc) on varying internal projects with different timelines, scope, budgets and resources
- Helped define Technical Operation processes through creation of project standards documentations and service level agreements for customer level up-time
- Consulted executive leadership on change initiatives, communications & other support programs that effectively prepared our Technical Operations to perform optimally
Ad Management Implementation Program: Primary responsibilities included working with business consultants, 3rd party vendors, and EMEA executives to roll out CRM/Order Management solution to help eliminate manual processes. Conducted discovery requirements sessions, documented business process flows, recommended configuration options, participated in user acceptance testing, and executed training sessions for Sales, Marketing, Ad Operations & Finance resources across 19 European countries.
- Organized, led and summarized business requirements sessions. Translated functional business requirements into technical product recommendations
- Created project plans, timelines and work breakdown structures using MS Project for consultants and 3rd party vendors
- Developed a product roadmap and worked with 3rd party software vendors to implement priority requests
- Managed consultant resources to produce statements of work, functional ‘to-be’ business processes, test scripts, and training documentation From December 2007 to July 2009 (1 year 8 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaManagement Consulting & Integration Markets Analyst @ Client 1: MGM, Sony, Fox Studios:
In 2005 Metro-Goldwyn Mayer (MGM) was acquired by Sony in conjunction with Texas Pacific Group and Providence Equity Partners for their Home Entertainment and Television distribution. Accenture was brought in to manage the de-merger between the two studios and transfer the international theatrical distribution and worldwide home video distribution of MGM titles to 20th Century Fox.
- Provided detailed tracking of all project inputs and outputs (Scope, Quality, Effort, Risk, Budget, Resource Planning and Time) for Home Entertainment, Television and Finance divisions
- Managed complex networks of client stakeholders to effectively drive project completion amongst all teams
- Worked directly Partners and C-Level executives to negotiate multiple statements of work
- Client 2: Fox Interactive Media (Myspace.com, FoxSports.com, AmericanIdol.com, IGN.com)
Involved in the initial strategic analysis of MySpace’s Digital Advertising Operations. Led workshops to understand current “As-Is” processes across national sales teams, advertising operations, and finance teams to identify competitive and innovative solutions for leading social media websites.
- Critically evaluated information gathered from multiple sources and decomposed high-level information into useful details
- Created and maintained the product requirements document for sales, advertising operations and finance
- Interviewed and analyzed 12 vendors and conducted a GAP analysis in order to determine best strategy for MySpace at the time of their exponential growth
- Developed FIM’s implementation strategy including: assessing the opportunity, defining the vision and gaps; developing business cases and a roadmap to drive transformation
- Participated in the design, build, launch and support cycles of the implementation phase. Responsible for defining all “To-Be” processes & documentation From May 2006 to November 2007 (1 year 7 months)
Bachelor's Degree, Economics @ University of California, Irvine From 2002 to 2006 Minor, Business Managent @ University of California, Irvine From 2002 to 2006 BA, World Economics, Secret Intelligence @ University of Cambridge From 2005 to 2005 Niha Mathur is skilled in: Product Management, Mobile Devices, Program Management, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Mobile Applications, Scalability, Agile Project Management, Project Management, Strategic Partnerships, Integration, iOS, Digital Media, Capacity Planning, Software Deployment, Large Scale Deployments
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension