Certificate Program in Leadership and Management @
University of California, Berkeley
OpenDNS is an Internet security company that’s transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. In 2012 OpenDNS launched Umbrella, a new line of cloud-delivered Internet security services that, for the first time ever, allow IT departments to extend security off the network and actually protect users wherever they roam. OpenDNS built
OpenDNS is an Internet security company that’s transforming the way IT departments secure their networks, and more importantly, their users. In 2012 OpenDNS launched Umbrella, a new line of cloud-delivered Internet security services that, for the first time ever, allow IT departments to extend security off the network and actually protect users wherever they roam. OpenDNS built Umbrella on top of our rock-solid foundation: the world’s most loved and trusted DNS service that’s used today by 50 million people around the world.
Sales Manager @ From April 2015 to Present (8 months) Team Lead - Account Executive @ From October 2014 to March 2015 (6 months) Account Executive @ We’re often asked, “What makes your security enforcement platform, Umbrella, so unique?” While being ultra reliable, fast, and easy to set up is critical, it’s really the volume, velocity, and variety of data we analyze that sets us apart from other security players. Unlike others, our intelligence stays ahead of the accelerated pace of technological change and new threats.
In 2006, we started building the world’s largest Internet security network to acquire global intelligence. And today, over 50 million active users daily across 160 countries point their DNS traffic to OpenDNS. While many others claim to use “Big Data,” only an elite few in the world have such breadth of Internet coverage and visibility. From August 2013 to September 2014 (1 year 2 months) Account Executive @ • Consultative based sales and training position within a defined territory in San Diego and Hawaii.
• Responsible for prospecting new business, managing product sales cycle end-to-end, driving product usage, client support, revenue growth within existing book of business, renewals and contract escalations.
• Prospected, qualified and booked face-to-face meetings with potential clients per week in San Diego and Hawaiian territories. Traveled to San Diego three times per month and Hawaii once per month.
• Performed over 250 individual trainings on software system, each training was tailored to clients business focus. From June 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTerritory Manager @ • Increased LoopNet’s core product revenue by fielding inbound sales calls and closing prospective clients while placing over 100 daily outbound calls.
• Promoted by achieving over 100% of sales metrics within 6 months of non-ramp quotas. From April 2012 to June 2012 (3 months) San Francisco Bay AreaTerritory Representative @ • Transactional/cold-calling based sales position focused on Brokers, Agents, Investors, Appraisers, Lenders, Business Owners, Researchers and Asset Manager prospects. Qualified potential customers by discussing LoopNet’s value propositions and technology for marketing and searching commercial real estate properties.
• Built product knowledge through online demonstrations, e-mail product presentations, and rapid integration of products from industry market trends and information.
• Consulted a variety of clients from B2B and B2C on commercial real estate marketing and investment strategies using LoopNet platform tools and information. From August 2011 to June 2012 (11 months) San Francisco Bay AreaAutotech Supervisor @ • Created a new business opportunity for the Geek Squad brand to provide mobile car electronics installation.
• Part of team that organized and successfully launched a new store opening.
• Implemented training and hiring modules for over 100 new employees
• Initiated and managed sales cycle end to end of installation service, while providing both administrative and technical support for technicians.
• Was selected to provide training and technical support throughout the district to other installation supervisors, technicians, and sales representatives.
• Created and implement marketing campaigns to generate sales leads.
• Consistently exceeded sales and installation goals, while ensuring 100% customer satisfaction to establish long-term customer relationships. From December 2007 to July 2011 (3 years 8 months) Auto Electronics Installation Technician @ • Sold innovative high technology products consistently above plan.
• Performed installation and repairs of car electrical systems – including: stereos, speakers, sub-woofers, amplifiers, mobile video, mobile navigation, alarms, MP3 integration, remote starters, GPS tracking devices, capacitors, satellite radios, Bluetooth devices, safety and collision avoidance systems, OEM integration, and accessories. From January 2004 to December 2007 (4 years)
Advanced Professional Sales and Sales Management Certificate @ University of San Francisco From 2015 to 2015 Business, Management @ San Diego State University-California State University Nico Beardslee is skilled in: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Powerpoint, Microsoft Outlook, Public Speaking, iWork, Final Cut Pro, Apple Software, Windows, Social Networking, 12 Volt Electronics, BitWriter Programming, Salesforce.com, Training, Lead Generation
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension