Computer operator @ Ministry of Internal Affairs of Republic of Moldova. Central District Police Office.
Lead of Information security team @ State enterprise Centre for State Informational Resources “Registru”
System administrator of Registru Certification Authority @ State enterprise Centre for State Informational Resources “Registru”
Technically qualified person in information technologies @
Polytechnic College of Republic of Moldova
Summary: I am professionally certified and highly qualified IT engineer with overall 22+ Years of experience in the domain of Information Technologies and Computers constantly looking to improve service and run at the edge of modern technology. Passionate about systems administration, cloud and virtual infrastructure, public keys infrastructure, complex distributed systems design and architecture, monitoring, automation under
Summary: I am professionally certified and highly qualified IT engineer with overall 22+ Years of experience in the domain of Information Technologies and Computers constantly looking to improve service and run at the edge of modern technology. Passionate about systems administration, cloud and virtual infrastructure, public keys infrastructure, complex distributed systems design and architecture, monitoring, automation under information security supervision. Driven to impact change where required and deliver things done efficiently and effectively.
Skills: Expert in Public Key Infrastructure (PKI) technologies and Systems (9+ Years), Expert in Hardware Security Modules (9+ Years), Systems administration (20+ Years), Software development (20+ Years), Networking (15+ Years), Information Security (12+ Years), Database engineering (12+ Years), Virtual and Cloud Infrastructure (5+ Years), Hands-on experience with J2EE applications and JBOSS AS/EAP (4+ Years), Systems Design and Architecture (3+ Years), Scripting and Automation
Personal: Good communication skills gained through my experience contacting with the subcontractors, vendors and organizations worldwide. In addition to fluent English I possess Easter European’s Romanian and Russian languages. I am easy adoptable to the new technologies, tools and software products. I am also highly motivated for self-education and trust that every goal could be successfully achieved. It just requires a bit more diligence. Able to learn new technologies independent of formalized training. I have a solid problem solving and troubleshooting skills.
Head of Public keys certification section (PKI Department) @ ▪ Plan and manage the work of the Section, prepare work plans, ensure a balanced workload
distribution, monitor work performance and assess staff development needs.
▪ Lead and guide the development and implementation of the Registru PKI IT Infrastructure.
▪ Participate in electronic ID (eID) card project of Republic of Moldova: elaboration of requirements for integrated circuit and data structure; project consultation of PKI related issues; developing and
setting up of Certification authorities including certificate and end-entity profiles; development,
installation and maintenance of integration services between eID production line and CA(s); testing and troubleshooting project integration; development and maintenance of an automated Registration Authority (RA) for adding end entities from signed requests send by territorial offices. RA works via EJBCA’s web services interface.
▪ Participate in Electronic Machine Readable Travel Documents (eMRTD) project of Republic of
Moldova: elaboration of requirements for integrated circuit and data structure; project consultation of PKI related issues; developing and setting up of Certification Authorities; planning and implementing multifactor authentication for project users and administrators based on digital certificates and eTokens; testing and troubleshooting project integration.
▪ Provide helpdesk for eID holders.
▪ Implement and maintain smartcard logon ability in current AD infrastructure.
▪ Implement multifactor authentication: SafeNet eToken, RSA SecurID, Vasco Digipass, BioLink fingerprint reader, OTP.
▪ Build installation packages with InstallShield, Inno Setup.
▪ Initialize, setup, and maintain of Hardware security modules (HSM). Deep experience with Thales nShield Connect, ARX PrivateServer., SafeNet Luna SA with PED and PED Keys.
▪ Install, develop, integrate, initial setup and full life cycle of CA instances. EJBCA and Microsoft Certificate Services (Enterprise and Stanalone, 2 tier scheme). From March 2012 to Present (3 years 10 months) Chisinau, MoldovaHead of CSCA @ Main roles and responsibilities:
▪ Plan, develop, install and maintain of the CSCA of Republic of Moldova conform ICAO DOC 9303,
current certificate profiles corresponds rev. 14 of the DOC 9303.
▪ Development and coordination of CSCA, Document Signer (DS), Masterlist Signer (ML),
Communication certificate profiles with Auctorizium Pte Ltd, which is official ICAO PKD Operator.
▪ Plan, develop, install and maintain of the National Public Keys Directory (N-PKD) of Republic of
Moldova. Sync N-PKD with ICAO PKD. Import into N-PKD certificates and CRLs received bilaterally.
▪ Plan, develop, install and maintain of the Country Verifying Certification Authority (CVCA) and
Document Verifying Certification Authority (DVCA) of the Republic of Moldova.
▪ HSM based management of CSCA, CVCA, DVCA keys.
▪ Life cycle management of eMRTD related CA(s).
▪ Upload DS certificates to ICAO PKD.
▪ Manage access for ICAO PKD upload directory for the Republic of Moldova.
▪ Issue and distribute Inspection System (IS) certificates and private keys.
▪ Manage DS private keys and issue DS certificates.
▪ Plan, develop and implement integration services between eMRTD production line and PKI.
▪ Integrate N-PKD and Automated Border Control Systems (ABC), Mühlbauer FastGate to support Moldavian EAC/BAC passports. From November 2012 to Present (3 years 2 months) Chisinau, MoldovaSystem administrator of Registru Certification Authority @ ▪ Build VMware Private Cloud and maintain it on day-to day basis. Mount hardware in rack: Fujitsu Blades, Fiber Channel and Eth switches, SAN Datastore, HSMs, GPS NTP appliance, Firewall Cluster, HP Proliant Servers. Cabling, interconnection, initial setup and configuration of components. Datastore configuration.
▪ Private Cloud design: analyze workload, manage and setup vSphere HA Protection and FT, setup security zones (Trusted, Services, DMZ) on ESXi hosts.
▪ Build Private Cloud: setup and configure ESXi hosts, setup and configure vCenter, Networking, Dtandard and Distributed switches, manage users and access rights, integrate with AD, setup and manage Resource Pools, manage and provide access to Cloud Services. Plan, install, develop, maintain backup and disaster recovery infrastructure.
▪ Setup and install servers: Install Operating Systems, configure security settings, networking, apply updates and patches, manage packages, add/configure software. Setup and install services: Active Directory, Web, DNS, Mail, Database Servers, SQL tuning, Load Balancers, Certification, OCSP, TSA, Zabbix monitoring, Syslog.
▪ Remote configuration management and distribution with Puppet, Troubleshoot problems, maintain system and network security, maintain system efficiency, administer servers, manage user accounts, ensure the infrastructure is up and running 24/7 etc.
▪ Design, plan architecture, setup and configure Firewall cluster: Configure and connect interfaces, configure Multi-WAN via BGP, routing, BOVPN and Mobile VPN (IPSec, L2TP, SSL), Plan, describe and implement firewall rules (DENY ALL Strategy).
▪ Analyze code, customize software features, add new functionality (Java, PHP, C++, C#, VB, Powershell, bash, python).
▪ Install, maintain High Availability, Fault Tolerance and Load Balancing clusters for Web services (Apache, Nginx, Keepalived, Haproxy).
• Developed and set up Web/Mobile applications and Databases, as part of an international team of three, using LAMP stack / .NET (Linux, PHP, C#, .NET 3.5, OOP, MVC, JS, jQuery, Apache, HTML, JS, MySQL, Web crawling, context parsing, lexical analyzer).
• Created powerful search engine that combines information on individuals and organizations. There is information on practically all of the one hundred thousand organizations in the Netherlands with more than 25 employees, including those with power of decision. http://axylainsight.com
• Created mobile application for carrying out inspections, audits and tests efficiently. Many application possibilities, pre-defined answers, photographs and sketches, office tasks included, usable when there is no wireless internet. Web backend for offline management. http://perlego.nl From February 2009 to August 2011 (2 years 7 months) Software Developer @ Responsibilities:
• Developed, set up and maintained Web applications and Databases, as part of an international team of six, using LAMP stack (Linux, PHP, OOP, MVC, Zend Framework, Apache, HTML, CSS, AJAX, JS, MySQL, MS SQL, C++).
• Created the web engine, sold as SaaS, which allowed business to create their own customized web sites in a simple way. Their customers had unique possibility on the US market to order a mobile phone and cellular services in three clicks. Engine had integrated all US cellular carriers, online payments, order management and shipping tracking, online credit score verification, increased and flexibly managed security in back office.
• Created the web engine, sold as SaaS, which allowed business to create their own customized Ad campaigns and attract customers to the group of insurance companies. Powerful statistics, easy customization and integration to their business were available to business clients. Easy, online access to insurance plans and two clicks application process were available to customers. From May 2001 to February 2009 (7 years 10 months) Orange County, California AreaEngineer of security section @ I jointly worked with the team of systems administrators to provide highest level of security to the company’s infrastructure, business processes, network and information resources. Taken into consideration the importance of the data, operated by my company, I followed the latest information security techniques and standards. With the proprietary set of scripts and IBM QRadar I analyzed, troubleshot, and investigated security-related, information systems’ anomalies based on security platform reporting, network traffic, log files, host-based and automated security alerts. I did market research, product evaluation and implementation of the network and host-based security platforms: Vulnerability scanning systems and tools; File integrity verification and monitoring software; SIEM; Firewall; Anti-virus and anti-spyware. I administered Windows servers, including AD and GPO, Redhat Linux servers. As a part of security improvement I designed, deployed and maintained CCTV and access control solutions. From February 1998 to December 2005 (7 years 11 months) Chisinau, MoldovaComputer operator @ Utilizing specialized software I was registering information about crimes committed in District, creating statistical reports, provided 1-3 line hardware and software support to the police office. Maintained local network. Developed new features for specialized software (Assembler, Turbo Pascal and FoxPro). Implemented backup and recovery strategy and Disaster recovery plan. From September 1993 to February 1998 (4 years 6 months) Chisinau, Moldova
Licensed engineer in Information Technologies, Information systems and computers, BA/BS @ Technical University of Moldova From 2000 to 2005 Technically qualified person in information technologies, Information Technology @ Polytechnic College of Republic of Moldova From 1989 to 1993 Nick Shubeykin is skilled in: Security, PKI, Network Security, MySQL, Firewalls, Physical Access Control, Information Security, Linux, PHP, Video Surveillance Systems, Video Conference Systems, JBoss Application Server, CCTV, IIS, Cloud Computing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension