With 10 years of relevant industry experience, I have developed a thorough understanding of multi tiered application development. This includes the design, implementation and scaling of these applications so that they can be successful by modern day standards and expectations. This is executed by utilizing existing popular and proven technologies; as well as always keeping a finger
With 10 years of relevant industry experience, I have developed a thorough understanding of multi tiered application development. This includes the design, implementation and scaling of these applications so that they can be successful by modern day standards and expectations. This is executed by utilizing existing popular and proven technologies; as well as always keeping a finger on the pulse for new and promising technologies.
Currently, I’m a Scala enthusiast and I’m immersing myself in Scala and its ecosystem at my current role as well as my side projects, as this technology is promising and starting to gain a significant foothold in today’s industry.
Software Engineer @ As a member of the Core Scala team, my responsibilities include:
- utilizing Scala/Akka to build out services that can handle high very high load volumes
- Integrating against datastores such as MySQL, Redis and Memcached
- Helped develop an internal build system for the building, distribution and management of all Core Services
- Serve as a knowledge source to the rest of Tumblr Engineering for Scala and its ecosystem
- More to come as I grow in this role and at Tumblr. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Software Engineer @ Currently working on the ETL team whose mission has several objectives:
- build out an Akka based ETL application which will help automate the data ingestion process.
- Begin the migration to a service based architecture to increase the reliability, scalability, modularity and resiliency of the platform
- Develop data management tools so that administrators and clients can visualize and edit data.
Our team makes heavy use of Scala, SBT, Unfiltered, Finagled, TwitterServer, Thrift as well as a variety of other technologies. From July 2013 to June 2014 (1 year) Technical Lead @ As tech lead I interpret business requirements into a technical design and lead a team which implements the solution. Additionally I mentor the junior members on my team and provide(as well as accept :-) ) feedback on the resulting implementation.
Major accomplishments include redesigning the core patterns which comprise one of our web properties code base which maximized reusability and modularity of key components. Another accomplishment is designing a robust test bed for rapidly developing tests which resulted in higher quality code with less defects. From January 2012 to June 2013 (1 year 6 months) Greater New York City AreaTechnical Architect @ Roundarch is a consulting firm which specializes in delivering high quality, rich enterprise applications. My role here has evolved over time as I started here as an entry level developer and and am now currently functioning at a senior level developer and manager level.
As my role changed, so did my responsibilities. I grew from being a junior level developer to being a technical lead who can both design and develop high quality applications, as well as confidently interact with clients and manage technical threads of a project. From May 2005 to April 2012 (7 years) Greater New York City AreaSenior Programmer @ From January 2004 to April 2005 (1 year 4 months) Developer @ From February 2003 to November 2003 (10 months)
Bachelor of Science, Computer Science @ SUNY at Buffalo From 1997 to 2002 Nick Sauro is skilled in: Java, J2EE, J2SE, Spring, JPA, Hibernate, Mongo, Enterprise Architecture, Flex, Java software development, Sun Certified Java Programmer, Scala, Python, ActionScript, Maven
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension