Product Manager @ Product Manager for the Joy Team here at PagerDuty. From September 2015 to Present (2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaProduct Manager - Data / Analytics @ • Currently working to improve how New Relic uses its data to make business decisions, and campaigning to develop a culture within the company that
Product Manager at PagerDuty.
Product Manager @ Product Manager for the Joy Team here at PagerDuty. From September 2015 to Present (2 months) San Francisco Bay AreaProduct Manager - Data / Analytics @ • Currently working to improve how New Relic uses its data to make business decisions, and campaigning to develop a culture within the company that seeks to use data in order to make business decisions.
• Conducting data analysis and building out tools/systems/databases to allow us to understand "What is an engaged customer?" for each of New Relic's five products.
• Conducting in-depth analysis of business data to extract actionable metrics.
• Engaged on a project to utilise two of our products for business data visualisation and analysis.
• Leading an informal team of data leaders from across New Relic to better coordinate our various projects, share knowledge, and build a common understanding of the company's data opportunities. From November 2014 to August 2015 (10 months) San FranciscoProduct Manager - Business Enablement @ • Product Manager of New Relic's business engineering team (10+ engineers)
• Responsible for the building, maintaining, and supporting of systems, tools, and databases for four key business units (Sales, Finance, Marketing, and Business Development) and multiple secondary stakeholders (Support, Customer Success, Sales Ops, Legal, and others).
• Led projects to build out our internal business systems to support the selling of three new products (Insights, Browser, and Synthetics), which included:
- Upgrading our systems to be able to handle new pricing structures, subscription types, business logic, trials, etc;
- Upgrading our billing systems to be able to process payments, invoice, do reporting etc for the new products, and sync relevant data with Salesforce and NetSuite;
- Coordinated work between my team and the Product, Finance, Marketing, Support, and Sales Ops teams to ensure their upgrade work was completed as required for the roll outs of these new products.
• Initiated and led monthly cross-business unit prioritisation meetings to better align my team's roadmap with the company's core business priorities (rather than business unit priorities).
• Implemented and enforced a new process for business teams to request projects / features / bug fixes. This lead to increased velocity for the engineering team, greater visibility for all parties into prioritisation, and improved documentation of work. From November 2013 to October 2014 (1 year) San FranciscoAssistant Manager @ • In 2011-12, was promoted to lead Bank’s $450m+ entry into a new, high-priority market sector
• Team leader on multiple simultaneous projects forecast to earn $150m+ during this period
• Assessed the business cases of projects by stress-testing their financial models and key metrics
• Oversaw efforts of cross-functional teams to ensure prioritisation and timely execution of projects
• Evangelised projects to internal stakeholders to ensure project execution
• Communicated with executive staff to ensure effective implementation of market entry strategy
• Conducted financial analysis, due diligence, and auditing of projects and their Excel models
• Managed and advised clients, and led all project negotiations
• Completed management fast-track program in 2010 for top 12 performing European graduates
• Represented the Bank at international conferences From September 2008 to July 2012 (3 years 11 months) London, United KingdomConsultant @ • Developed, reviewed, and audited complex financial models in Excel for clients nationwide
• Analysed and provided data for financial reporting to clients
• Advised clients on how to streamline their long-term tax and accounting processing From February 2007 to August 2007 (7 months) Sydney, AustraliaProject Officer @ • Led online / offline research identifying potential donors for $30m University fundraising campaign
• Implemented new framework for identifying donors that utilised a database of key donor metrics
• Framework improved speed and accuracy of donor identification for this and future campaigns From June 2005 to November 2005 (6 months) Perth, AustraliaResearcher @ • Conducted computer simulations of Earth-Moon flight paths for satellite project
• Optimised satellite's flight path thereby reducing project costs
• Trained colleagues in use of simulation software From December 2004 to February 2005 (3 months) Tokyo, Japan
Master of Science, Financial Economics @ University of Oxford - Said Business School From 2007 to 2008 Master of Commerce, Finance, Merit @ University of Sydney From 2005 to 2006 Bachelor of Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, First Class Honours @ University of Sydney From 2001 to 2004 Front-End Web Development Course @ General Assembly Nick Russell is skilled in: Product Management, Team Leadership, Project Management, Business Strategy, SaaS, Prioritisation, Economics, Negotiation, Financial Analysis, Analysis, Due Diligence, Investment Banking, Project Finance, Renewable Energy, Deal Structuring, CRM, Financial Modeling, Microsoft Excel, Adventuring, Start-ups, Salesforce.com
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension