My experience has lead me to some very cool Industries like Mobile, Computing, electric-Automotive and now wireless Hi-Fi where I have occupied various functional as well as management roles in Supply Chain and Operations. I've had the fortunate of working for great companies during some very challenging and exciting times in their respective Industries and thus have
My experience has lead me to some very cool Industries like Mobile, Computing, electric-Automotive and now wireless Hi-Fi where I have occupied various functional as well as management roles in Supply Chain and Operations. I've had the fortunate of working for great companies during some very challenging and exciting times in their respective Industries and thus have witnessed first hand some of the exciting (and dreadful) changes that have impacted Hi Tech.
My (clearly aspirational) goals both professionally and personally are:
1. In everything that I do, I want to leave a legacy of excellence which brings value to the company.
2. In whatever little way or major way I can, I want to make a difference in the lives of people in my sphere of influence. This happens by helping employees become better people professionally or personally or by collaborating with colleagues to combine strengths and drive change or by helping my management exceed their goals, etc.
3. No matter what I accomplish professionally, I want to be known first as a loving husband and great father.
Specialties: Leadership, management, organizational design, purchasing, supply chain, sourcing, negotiations, Systems knowledge, bi-lingual (english/spanish)
Vice President Global Operations @ From March 2013 to Present (2 years 10 months) Santa Barbara, California AreaVice President Powertrain Supply Chain @ From March 2012 to March 2013 (1 year 1 month) VP Global Operations & IT, WebOS (Palm) Division @ Worldwide leadership over the GBU’s IT Organization and all aspects of Operations including Strategic Sourcing, Manufacturing, Planning & Fulfillment, Customer Management, Reverse Logistics and Customer Service. Staff of 250 FT and 300 contract employee’s with a budget of $250M and spend of $2B. From July 2010 to December 2011 (1 year 6 months) VP of Logistics (Supply Chain) & Program Management @ Responsible for Demand Supply Balancing (S&OP) processes, Demand/Supply Planning, Operations Customer Management, Order Management, Distribution, Transportation and Operations Program Management. From April 2009 to July 2010 (1 year 4 months) Director, S&OP and Supply Chain Management @ Manage a team of supply chain managers who own a product's supply chain end to end.
Manage the division-wide S&OP process bringing together demand and supply into one plan which drives the supply chain. From November 2008 to April 2009 (6 months) Senior GPM, Supply Chain Architecture @ Responsible for the organizational strategy, organizational IT roadmap and alignment with the division's overall strategy. From March 2008 to November 2008 (9 months) Group Program Manager @ 1. Currently leading a transformational effort to equip our team members with the best-in-class sourcing and supply chain tools. Collaborating with the core strategy team to evolve our foundational processes to world class.
2. Sourcing business process owner for the division-wide process and system transformation initiative which is working to evolve all of E&D Operational tools and processes. Key stakeholder who is actively driving requirements, signing off progress and adding expertise to the project.
3. Part of the very exciting Surface Computing group (www.surface.com) sourcing and securing supply of key sub assemblies.
4. Transitioning into management of Procurement managers responsible for sourcing key electro-mechanical components for Surface, Zune, Xbox and our PC Hardware.
5. Interim ownership of the optical drive commodity for Xbox and Zune. From May 2007 to March 2008 (11 months) Vice President, Mobile Supply Chain @ Vice President of Supply Chain responsible for securing supply of handsets to Panama and the Caribbean. From June 2006 to May 2007 (1 year) Director/GM @ General Manager responsible for a number of organizations globally which managed the end to end supply chain of all of Sony Ericsson's handsets. Key contributor to the supply chain evolution which expanded Sony Ericsson's supply chain from one that supplied 20 million handsets with difficutly to one that was capable of supplying 100+ million phones. From 2005 to 2006 (1 year) Senior Manager, HVS @ From 2002 to 2004 (2 years) Purchasing Manager @ From 2001 to 2002 (1 year) Purchasing Manager @ From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Buyer @ From 1999 to 2000 (1 year)
Bachelors, Interpersonal/Organizational Communications @ Toccoa Falls College From 1992 to 2000 High School @ High School From 1988 to 1992 Nathan Kelly is skilled in: Sourcing, Supply Chain, Management, Leadership, Negotiation, Business Case, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Procurement, Purchasing, Project Management, Project Planning, Manufacturing, Business Strategy, Strategy, Lean Manufacturing
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension