Program Manager - Water and Wastewater Projects @ Gympie Regional Council
Contract Engagement for Engineering Projects - 12 Weeks Contract @ City of Gosnells
Contract Engagement for Planning and Development Projects - 8 Weeks Contract @ City of Perth
Master of Arts - MA @
The University of Western Australia
I am a professional Projects and Contracts Manager with more than 10 years experience in leading Project and Contract Management teams in both Public and Private sectors. I am results-driven with good stakeholder management skills. My key strengths include managing Technical and Financial Assessment of Projects, obtaining Environmental, Heritage and other Regulatory Approvals, liaising with Communities and
I am a professional Projects and Contracts Manager with more than 10 years experience in leading Project and Contract Management teams in both Public and Private sectors. I am results-driven with good stakeholder management skills. My key strengths include managing Technical and Financial Assessment of Projects, obtaining Environmental, Heritage and other Regulatory Approvals, liaising with Communities and Government agencies, preparing Tenders, Specifications and other Contract documents, Project Risk Management, procurement of Services and Materials, Project Commissioning and Closeout.
Manager Technical Services @ • Managing and supervising the Infrastructure Services Team located at various locations over a large geographical area.
• Managing the development and implementation of the Shire’s development and design standards.
• Project and contract management capital works program.
• Ensuring installation and maintenance of the Shire’s assets in accordance with relevant legislative requirements, Shire policy and appropriate standards
• Review of engineering documentation and supervision of major contracts and daily work programs.
• Regular review and reporting of financial and budgetary information.
• Preparing reports, policies and procedures to effectively enhance employee and operational efficiencies.
• Actively contributing to the team within the department, promoting best practice and maintaining professional standards and integrity.
• Providing leadership, supervision, advice, motivation and coordination of staffing resources to meet Shire and customer needs
• Recommendation of policy and provision of engineering advice to Council in relation to its programs and services. From September 2014 to Present (1 year 4 months) Western Australia, AustraliaProject Manager (Load & Haul Engineer) @ • Design and Project Management for Construction of Major Infrastructure and Productivity Improvement Projects like Mine Haul Roads, Traffic Intersections, Ramps, Laydown Areas, Park Up Areas, ROM Pads, Crusher Bins, Stockpile Areas, Drainage and Mine Dewatering, Contaminated Liquids and Waste Treatment Ponds/Dams and other Process and Non Process Infrastructure (NPI).
• Engaging Contractors for various Capital and Maintenance Infrastructure Projects.
• Supervision, Contract Management and Commissioning of Infrastructure Projects.
• Project Management for heavy infrastructure moves e.g. Complex Crane Lifts, Safe Disposal of Decommissioned Infrastructure and Infrastructure Relocations.
• Obtaining Environmental & Heritage Approvals for Mining and Infrastructure Projects.
• Providing ongoing project support and technical guidance to Operations Team.
• Performing engineering audits of operational practices across the industry to identify best practice and replicate that on site.
• Leading Project Kick-off Meetings and undertaking Project Risk Analysis including HAZOP, mitigate any identified risks and hazards.
• Undertaking and participating in regular safety audits on site. From August 2012 to August 2014 (2 years 1 month) Western Australia, AustraliaProject Manager (Hydraulic Engineer) @ • Manage cost and reporting throughout all project stages including tender, concept, design, construction and commissioning phases.
• Monitor project scope and deliverables including application of change management processes.
• Plan and estimate resource requirements, analysing task dependencies, and tracking project progress.
• Prepare budget estimates and undertake economic/financial analysis of projects.
• Formulation and control of the project budget.
• Manage the development, monitoring and controlling of the project schedule.
• Critical path scheduling.
• Liaise and coordinate with stakeholders and relevant departments.
• Report to the Project Director, assume responsibility for providing leadership and direction for the delivery of project outcomes within HSEC, schedule, cost and quality criteria for the project.
• Manage project execution, stakeholder engagement and governance processes throughout the project lifecycle including preparation of appropriate project execution plan that will ensure successful project delivery.
• Act as the "point of contact" between the Implementation Contractor and the existing operating facilities to ensure minimal disruption to both operations and construction activities.
• Develop, monitor and control of achievable project schedule.
• Determine and implement quality requirements and improvements in project ensuring deliverables will satisfy the objectives for which it is undertaken.
• Determine required resources to manage project tasks including selection and appointment of resources and development of cohesive project team.
• Review the planned, actual and forecast resource levels for the EPCM Contractor and consultants and challenge the contractor on this where necessary.
• Identify, analysis and mitigation of potential risk events including establishment of risk register and initiation of corrective action when required. From June 2008 to August 2012 (4 years 3 months) Victoria, AustraliaProject Engineer (Civil Infrastructure) @ • Design and Preparation of Project Proposals for various Infrastructure Projects like Roads, Drainage and Pipelines
• Undertaking Economic, Social and Environmental feasibility analysis of Infrastructure Projects like Roads, Water Supply and Sewerage
• Developing Technical & Business Documents for Executive and Ministerial Approvals From November 2007 to June 2008 (8 months) Melbourne, AustraliaCivil Engineer (Urban Infrastructure) @ • Prepared engineering designs, plans, drawings, specifications, and cost estimates.
• Researched project design requirements.
• Prepared preliminary design studies.
• Performed complex calculations and prepared estimates of time and material costs.
• Assisted in the review and evaluation of project proposals and engineering specifications submitted by private engineering firms.
• Coordinated design proposals with utility companies and other agencies.
• Prepared draft agreements between the City and developers.
• Assist in surveying work needed for design and construction of public works projects.
• Performed field checks of project sites to verify survey results or features.
• Coordinated public works engineering activities with private engineering firms, developers, vendors, and the public.
• Provided information and responded to complaints and concerns from the public.
• Assisted in the development of revised design and construction standards for public works structures and appurtenances.
• Prepared engineering studies and reports.
• Researched publications and industry information sources.
• Maintained and updated Pavement Management System including distress surveys on site. From December 2006 to October 2007 (11 months) PakistanJunior Engineer (Roads & Bridges) @ • Project Management for drainage, earthworks, roads, bridges and structural projects
• Interpreting contract & specifications and accurately relaying to the team
• Checking construction drawings and preparing project progress reports
• Managing sub-contractors and materials testing teams
• Assisting Senior Engineers and filling in as “Step-Up” Engineer in their absence From December 2004 to December 2006 (2 years 1 month) Pakistan
Master of Science (MS), Civil Engineering @ University of Engineering and Technology, Taxila From 2005 to 2007 Bachelor of Science (BS), Civil Engineering @ North West Frontier Province University of Engineering and Technology From 2000 to 2004 Nasir Shah is skilled in: Mining Engineering, Civil Engineering, Surface Mining, Mine Safety, Mine Closure Planning, Vulcan, SAP, Project Engineering, Infrastructure Projects, Project Planning, Contract Management, Construction, Pipeline Construction, Water Resources, Water Supply
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension