Bachelor's degree, Mechanical Engineering @
University of Mysore
Staff Software Engineer @ FlexNet Operations is a comprehensive software entitlement management system that empowers application producers to enhance customer satisfaction, provide deep customer insight and efficiently manage the entire license lifecycle of software, entitlements and devices. Available as SaaS or on-premise, FlexNet Operations enables rapid product configuration to support the full software licensing spectrum, from strict
Staff Software Engineer @ FlexNet Operations is a comprehensive software entitlement management system that empowers application producers to enhance customer satisfaction, provide deep customer insight and efficiently manage the entire license lifecycle of software, entitlements and devices. Available as SaaS or on-premise, FlexNet Operations enables rapid product configuration to support the full software licensing spectrum, from strict enforcement to usage-based trust but verify software license compliance models.
Lead developer for License Fulfillment Service (LFS), the core sub-system of the SaaS product, building it from the ground up. Lead security engineer for both the SaaS and on-premise versions and responsible for all security vulnerability issues.
Currently leading a team of 4 engineers working on adding muti-tenancy support to the product to be able to use as a hosted solution. This work includes a major effort in restructuring the source code, writing a completely new build script and complex, fundamental changes to source code to simplify it and make it more maintainable.
Additional responsibilities include building POC's to evaluate new technologies that can be incorporated into the product.
• Web Technologies: Spring, Struts, JEE, JSP, Custom Tag Libraries, Servlets
• Web Services: SOAP, REST
• Database: MS-SQL Server
• Data Persistence: JPA, Hibernate
• Application Servers: TomCat, Wildfly
• Development Methodologies: Agile programming, Scrum From August 2011 to Present (4 years 5 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Software Engineer @ Developed integration framework to get data into Safetynet from physical cards scanned by a Scantron machine from various project sites. Scanned data includes images that are asynchronously stored in Amazon S3 cloud and then retrieved in the web application. From January 2008 to August 2011 (3 years 8 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSenior Engineer @ DBO2 eliminates employee injuries and avoids catastrophic loss by combining cutting-edge technology and proven process improvement methodologies. The technology predicts the likelihood, frequency and location of workplace injuries using customers' safety observation data.
As one of the early engineers and a core member of the development team I was involved in concept, design, architecture decisions and development of all product offerings. This includes:
• "SafetyNet" -- Multi-tenancy web-application (SAAS) built on Struts framework that catered to more than 15000 users across more than a hundred customers.
• "DBO2Mobile" -- Standalone application that runs on Windows mobile platform and exchanges data with the web-application using REST webservices
• "DBO2BlackBerry" -- Standalone application that runs on Blackberry devices and exchanges data with the web-application using REST webservices
• "DataNet" -- Apache Servicemix based Integration Framework to enable data flow from various systems into SafetyNet
• Web Technologies:
• Web Services: SOAP, REST
• Database: MS-SQL Server, MySQL
• Data Persistence: Spring DAO, iBATIS, Hibernate
• Mobile Technologies: .NET Compact Framework, RIMS J2ME
• Application Servers: Weblogic, Tomcat
• EAI: Apache ServiceMix
• Development Methodologies: Agile programming, Scrum From January 2002 to December 2007 (6 years) San Francisco Bay AreaDeveloper Relations Engineer @ As a frontline Technical Support Engineer, handled support calls related to issues with BEA's flagship product "Weblogic Server". Primary tasks included setting up test cases to replicate customer issues, debug weblogic server code to corner out issues and respond to customers with solutions and/or patches (provided by Engineering). From June 2000 to December 2001 (1 year 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaGraduate Assistant in Dept. of Mathematics @ Taught undergrad students (mainly non-science majors) Arithmetic and Algebra. Responsibilities included active classroom teaching, administering tests and grading. From February 1999 to December 2000 (1 year 11 months) Sacramento, California Area
MS, Computer Science @ California State University-Sacramento From 1999 to 2000 B.E., Mechanical Engineering @ National Institute of Engineering, Mysore From 1993 to 1997 Narasimha Prasad is skilled in: Agile Methodologies, Web Services, Software Development, Java, XML, C#, Microsoft SQL Server, SOA, AJAX, .NET, SQL, Software Project Management, Java Enterprise Edition, REST, Scrum
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension