Master of Accounting @
University of Florida - Fisher School of Accounting
Graduate of the University of Florida with a combined Master and Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree from the Fisher School of Accounting as well as a Master of Business Administration from the Hough School of Business. Self-driven and hard working professional who owns his work and will go above and beyond to complete objectives in a
Graduate of the University of Florida with a combined Master and Bachelor of Science in Accounting degree from the Fisher School of Accounting as well as a Master of Business Administration from the Hough School of Business. Self-driven and hard working professional who owns his work and will go above and beyond to complete objectives in a timely manner.
Continuously expands his understanding of business by engaging in CPE training seminars in accounting, business valuation, real estate, and mergers & acquisitions. He further expands his knowledge by reading books on real estate and private equity. He furthered is education by enrolling in an Investment Banking and Corporate Financial Modeling course which takes a hands-on approach that focuses on ratio analysis, forecasting, benchmark valuation, and discounted cash flow analysis. Additionally, he enrolled in a Mergers and Acquisitions course which takes a case-based approach to analyze strategy, valuation, and legal implications of M&A deals.
As a M&A financial analyst with Global Tower Partners, Morgan developed strong analytical and project management skills by utilizing complex Excel models to value acquisition opportunities and coordinating due diligence efforts for acquisitions under contract.
As an external auditor with Deloitte, Morgan learned how quickly analyze and gain a mastery of client’s financial situation, business operations, and industry drivers. He also developed strong interpersonal skills that are invaluable in a team-based working environment and when interacting with the client's executive personnel.
Senior Financial Analyst, Corporate Development @ Engaged in mergers and acquisitions at a corporate and business unit level. Provides senior and executive management with financial modeling expertise for investment strategies under consideration. Analyzes and gives recommendations to senior and executive management on valuation, capital structure and earnings impact on corporate-level transactions ranging from $1 B to $40 B in enterprise value.
Works closely with the senior leadership of various business units and actively assists in the development of their strategic plan which is presented annually to NextEra’s executive leadership. From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) Associate Intern (concurrent with MBA coursework) @ Southeastern-based private investment firm specializing in acquiring and developing small businesses responsibly over the long-term. Responsible for creating customer profiles for portfolio companies, performing competitive analysis, and performing industry analysis. Created LBO financial models to determine valuation, optimal capital structure, and returns of target acquisitions ranging from $30MM to over $100MM. From January 2014 to May 2014 (5 months) Financial Analyst, Mergers and Acquisitions @ Analyzed and underwrote cellular tower / rooftop site transactions for the largest privately held owner / operator of towers in North America, with more than 16,500 sites in the U.S., Puerto Rico, and Mexico. Reported directly to the Senior Vice President of Mergers and Acquisitions, personally reviewing over 300 potential deals ($750MM total) and selecting the top investments that met the firm’s rigorous screening criteria.
• Led and coordinated due diligence on tower portfolios, securing financial data from sellers, analyzing and validating financial statements, verifying zoning / regulation adherence, and identifying any potential risks. Delivered go / no-go recommendations to the SVP of M&A that resulted in the timely closing of four separate deals worth over $3MM.
• Sourced and closed a Marketing / Right-to-Lease Agreement for rooftop and ground space with 12 multifamily complexes.
• Utilized complex Excel model to run scenario forecasts for potential acquisitions, analyzing impact of factors including credit-quality of tenants, competitive landscape, and expected capital expenditures. Compiled findings into clear, concise communication packages for review / approval by SVP and CEO. From June 2012 to June 2013 (1 year 1 month) Audit Senior Assistant @ Directed joint internal / client teams to conduct analysis of operational and financial controls for Commercial Real Estate Investment Trusts (REITs), Manufacturing, and Media & Entertainment clients.
• Led a team of 2 Deloitte Auditors and 3 client staff (Controller, Accounts Payable Manager, Treasury Manager) to conduct audits of multiple subsidiary locations for a first-time engagement with a large public client in steel industry. Planned and assigned deliverables, directed / supported execution, and coordinated timely delivery of final working papers to Engagement Managers and Partners.
• Conducted analysis on $100MM+ in equity accounts for multiple real estate investment funds, including asset management fee calculations, capital distributions, capital calls, and equity method accounting and presentation.
• Directed process walkthroughs and validated control efficacy for a major manufacturing client in accordance with Sarbanes-Oxley Section 404. Interviewed process owners, developed narratives / detailed flowcharts, identified risks, and developed risk mitigation plans. Implemented a new series of controls that ensured accuracy of reporting.
• Performed quarterly reviews of clients’ financial statement line items (financial ratio and trend analysis), liaising with senior clients to effectively explain and support any fluctuations. From August 2011 to June 2012 (11 months) Audit Assistant @ Conducted valuations and controls testing for F1000 clients in Commercial Real Estate Private Equity, Manufacturing, Aerospace & Defense, Power & Utilities, and Media & Entertainment.
• Executed valuation testing of an $18MM acquisition for a manufacturing client, including reasonableness tests of Discounted Cash Flow analysis, projection assumptions, and industry economic variables.
• Coordinated revenue and cost-of-sales testing for over 20 global subsidiaries of an Aerospace client. Established objectives and planned / executed the testing through frequent communication with subsidiary Controllers and accounting personnel. From September 2010 to August 2011 (1 year) Audit Intern @ Performed 10-K financial statement tie outs for F500 clients in Manufacturing, Financial Services, and Construction From June 2009 to August 2009 (3 months)
Master of Business Administration (MBA) @ University of Florida - Hough Graduate School of Business From 2013 to 2014 Master of Accounting, Accounting @ University of Florida - Fisher School of Accounting From 2009 to 2010 Bachelor of Science, Accounting @ University of Florida - Fisher School of Accounting From 2005 to 2009 Morgan Jones is skilled in: Financial Analysis, Due Diligence, Accounting, GAAP, Real Estate, Internal Controls, Business Valuation, Financial Modeling, Time Management, Sarbanes-Oxley Act, Auditing, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Mergers & Acquisitions, Telecommunications
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension