System Specialist, Services and Solutions Team @ Accenture
An organized and focused Technical Project Manager in telecoms/software organizations. Strong analytical skills gained through a development and test background. Substantial experience in managing multi-site projects in software development, build and integration, release and delivery, and software maintenance. A self-starter who works well under pressure and to tight deadlines, enjoys learning new technologies, and always leads
An organized and focused Technical Project Manager in telecoms/software organizations. Strong analytical skills gained through a development and test background. Substantial experience in managing multi-site projects in software development, build and integration, release and delivery, and software maintenance. A self-starter who works well under pressure and to tight deadlines, enjoys learning new technologies, and always leads by example.
•Project Management: delivery of strategic software projects to schedule and budget using PMI and Prince2 principles, full Microsoft Project suite
•Forming and leading multi-site (offshore) teams and collaboration with third parties to deliver projects within schedule.
•Line management and mentoring of junior engineers in multi-site teams.
•Excellent communication skills at all levels.
•Agile methodologies / Scrum working practices : trained in Enterprise Agile software development and Project management within the context of Symbian/Nokia solution, experience of Scrum, TDD, XP.
•Excellent Risk management and critical path analysis skills.
•Experienced developer/tester/build and integration engineer using OOP methodologies in whole software life-cycle
• Familiar with a wide range of Build, Continuous Integration, and SCM tools: Jenkins, Git, Synergy, Perforce, and Jira / Confluence Wiki for tracking and backlog management
Technical Project Manager @ From September 2013 to Present (2 years 4 months) London, United KingdomProject Manager / Scrum Master @ Responsible for development, delivery and release of the TomTom GPS Sports watch.
- Responsible for creating and updating the Roadmap and the backlog for development team, actively worked to remove any impediments and to mitigate risks, facilitated Scrum meetings
- developed Test procedure and test framework for smoke-testing and sanity testing of each software release for Application and desktop App
- initiated and managed a Bug / Task reporting and scheduling framework for all team projects in Jira / Confluence Wiki
- owner of Release process and responsible for deployment of all software releases into pre-production and production environments
- introduced a QA process for all internal and external software deliveries
- setup and managed the Beta test program for GPS watches, managed feedback from 200+ Beta testers from around the world From July 2012 to August 2013 (1 year 2 months) London, United KingdomSystem Specialist, Services and Solutions Team @ Project: Build and Test system for cross platform mobile app development
- Managing the initial requirements and scope for the project From April 2012 to July 2012 (4 months) London, United KingdomProject Manager / Scrum Master @ Project: Cross Package CI system for asset teams
Main responsibilities: Managed and led the ramp-up, deployment, and daily operations of CI build and test environments for Symbian technology areas and third party collaborators.
- Developed high level system diagram and identified main tasks and responsibilities which fed into the iterative Agile Project Plan, produced CAPEX estimates and formed the delivery team
- Used Agile techniques to define tasks on backlog, ran stand-up meetings and managed backlog, mitigated issues impacting team, and monitored deliveries against time and budget
- Stake-holder management: managing the interface with third parties (STE) and mitigating any problems encountered; managed the CM practices and the Nokia CM Hybrid solution which enabled delivery via Git into automated Synergy baselines
- Main Technical Lead for integration of production test sets into the build setups: collaborated with owners of test sets to facilitate integration of tests into the builds - changes to scripts, building of test code into ROMs and creating test drops, obtaining relevant hardware and plugging into automated test systems.
Main outcome: successful delivery of a CI system which improved the quality of software releases into the main product code line by up to 70% From January 2011 to March 2012 (1 year 3 months) London, United KingdomBuild & Integration Engineer/ Junior Project Manager @ - Project Manager: responsible for all projects in the Build and Integration teams, such as the rollout of an automated build system, various Build improvement initiatives, software releases for xSymbian OS products, transition to a new SCM system. I also managed the activities for off-shore teams in Bangalore and Beijing.
- Agile Scrum Master: responsible for organizing and chairing the Daily stand-up meetings and ensuring team members adhere to the Agile practices. Also managed remote teams interactions with the UK hub, backlog and Sprint planning, facilitating retrospective meetings
- Responsible for integrating code into main production builds and ensuring integrity of code line is maintained by performing checks on Submissions and resolving any issues in a timely manner
- Release management: contributed to timely release of builds to licensees and development partners by defining a process to maintain legacy code lines and deliver software drops for maintenance Symbian releases 9.0 to 9.5
- Contributed to improvements of the Build System by implementing scripts in Perl and XML to automate parts of the overnight builds and test builds, and fixing Defects
- Build Analysis and publication: involved in analyzing software errors in C++ codebase and proposing fixes to development teams, also performed root cause analysis and recommended preventative measures which led to higher number of error-free builds. From March 2004 to January 2011 (6 years 11 months) London, United KingdomTest Consultant @ • responsible for all aspects of defining, implementing, and executing test plans for applications on Symbian OS based mobile phones and media devices. From September 2003 to February 2004 (6 months) Senior Test Engineer @ • responsible for all aspects of defining, implementing, and executing test strategies and test plans for traffic monitoring products, and verification of correct functionality of traffic data transmission over GSM, GPRS, and on the Internet. Responsible for two junior engineers.
• improved overall software quality process by introducing modular and functional testing at earlier stages of project life-cycle, and recommended efficient methods for storing and retrieving test cases and test results. From March 2003 to September 2003 (7 months) Software engineer / Test engineer / Team Lead @ While at Nortel I held a variety of roles, starting as a developer and progressing trough to a system test engineer. My responsibilities gradually increased to being a Team Leader and Project Manager on a number of multi-site projects, leading teams of up-to twelve engineers.
• As Project Manager/Team Lead : initiated a new signalling interface project by coordinated the successful delivery of the software throughout the software life cycle. I produced design estimates and a project plan, and organized a technical workshop at the start of the project to review requirements and produce a draft high level design, resulting in greater cohesion within the team. I led a multi-site team and assigned work to teams in Maidenhead and Ottawa (twelve designers) From October 1988 to December 2002 (14 years 3 months)
Batchelor of Arts, Comparative American Studies @ University of Warwick From 1983 to 1986 Monika Lewandowski is skilled in: Continuous Integration, Agile Project Management, Team Leadership, Risk Management and Critical path analysis, SCM - Git, Synergy, Perforce, Build engineer : make, ant, Jenkins, Scrum Master, Direct Line Management, OO Software Development, Fluent in Polish, Test engineer, Scripting languages : Perl, C++ debug and analysis, System analyst, Release Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension