A renewable energy professional with over seven (7) years of design and project management experience, over 75MW of photovoltaic (PV) EPC and over 200MW in pre-construction. Background also includes engineering & project management experience in the public utility infrastructure projects, and managing utility scale solar projects in different phases of design, procurement and construction. Academic background includes
A renewable energy professional with over seven (7) years of design and project management experience, over 75MW of photovoltaic (PV) EPC and over 200MW in pre-construction. Background also includes engineering & project management experience in the public utility infrastructure projects, and managing utility scale solar projects in different phases of design, procurement and construction. Academic background includes a B.S. degree in Civil Engineering with a concentration in Structural Design.
Associate Vice President, Development @ From October 2015 to Present (3 months) Greater Los Angeles AreaSolar EPC Project Manager @ Nellis Airforce Base - II Solar - 18MWdc/15MWac Single-axis Tracker (In Progress)
LADWP - LAFIT - 4 MW (Client - Prologis Corporation)
College of The Desert - 3.8MW Carport (Client- Sunpower Corporation)
Constellation Jurupa - 2.02MW Rooftop -EPC (Client-Constellation Energy)
Constellation Champagne - 1.32MW Rooftop - EPC (Client - Constellation Energy)
SCE Solar Rooftop Retrofit & Safety (for SPVP sites) - 8 buildings
Verizon Bloomington - 500kW (Client: Verizon and Sunpower Corp)
QUINN CAT - 722kW (Client - QUINN CAT) From April 2013 to October 2015 (2 years 7 months) Project Manager - SolarWorld Americas (Power Projects) @ Projects:
1) Highlander Solar 1 (SEPV8) – 14.6 MWp - Single Axis Tracker – EPC
2) Highlander Solar 2 (SEPV9) – 11.4 MWp – Single Axis Tracker – EPC
3) Hilton Foundation – 115kWp – Carport – EP
4) SA7 – 1.0MWp – Roof Top – EP
Overview of tasks and duties
Provide and manage full turnkey services through Engineering, Procurement & Construction (EPC) of projects ranging from commercial to utility scale solar projects
Review RFPs and prepare proposal for competitive bidding
Prepare budgetary estimates and solicited bids for design and construction services
Prepare and negotiate sub-contract agreements for solar EPC projects.
Prepare and manage project schedule, cost analysis, bill of materials and action items.
Provide project progress report, earned value report, cash flow forecast report for management review.
Develop work breakdown structure for project accounting.
Manage RFIs, Change Orders, Invoices and all project documentation.
Manage development of Preliminary, Issue for Permit and Issue for Construction design documents.
Acquire all project permits from the authority having jurisdiction (AHJ) and the utility provider.
Review utility interconnection and power purchase agreements for project due diligence and contract compliance.
Chaired coordination meetings with Owner, sub-contractors and other project stakeholders.
Manage project during construction phase, including standard work instructions, quality control, contract compliance and other services.
Troubleshoot construction issues and provide value engineering services.
Manage cross functional teams such as R&D, supply chain, operations, and project development.
Perform project feasibility and risk assessment studies.
Prepare design standards for solar mounting systems and electrical interconnection.
Collaborated with system engineers in a TIGER TEAM to generate solution for stronger module frame and mounting systems to withstand higher loads. From June 2011 to April 2013 (1 year 11 months) PV Systems Design Specialist.- Sunkits @ Photo-voltaic System Design of residential and commercial systems.
Performed wind and seismic analysis of photovoltaic structures for roof mounted and ground mounted systems.
Performed site analysis and prepared site plan.
Used International Building Code (IBC), California Building Code(CBC) and National Electric Code (NEC) to prepare racking plan, and electrical plan for photovoltaic systems per individual jurisdiction requirements.
Analysed, proposed, and initiated design guideline update to the Solar Design & Installation Code to the State of Oregon.
Prepared design standards and guidelines for structural and mechanical components of Photo-voltaic Systems.
Provided customer support and collaborated with sub-contractors for construction and pricing issues.
Prepared CAD drawings, Bill of Materials, and collaborated with distributors and installers to optimize process flow. From June 2011 to November 2011 (6 months) Project Engineer @ Projects:
-Chevron Pipe Line Company, Silicon Valley Rapid Transit Utility Relocation Project.
-ExxonMobil, Las Flores Canyon Produced Water Line
-Aspen Environmental Group, Lodi Gas Storage Project
-Chevron Pipe Line Company, Line 18-G Design & Engineering
-Chevron Pipe Line Company, Los Angeles Infrastructure Project
-Greka Energy, Oil Containment Project
-Plains Exploration & Production Co, As-built of well diagram.
Overview of tasks and responsibilities:
• Performed peer review of steel frame structures.
• Performed substructure research in order to prepare pipeline alignment.
• Performed peer review of foundation drawings and calculations using RISA Foot and Risa Base.
• Performed seismic analysis using 2007 California Building Code.
• Design of spread footing, foundation and retaining wall for oil/gas refineries.
• Assisted with risk assessment for hazardous liquid and natural gas pipelines.
• Provided AutoCad drawing support.
• Prepared grading and other civil plan drawings.
• Assisted with pipeline hydraulic analyses.
• Acquired excavation, encroachment and other permits.
• Performed topographic surveying using GPS survey equipment.
• Interfaced with clients and agency contacts.
• Compiled oil and gas production well records and prepared well diagrams.
• Assisted the project manager with project coordination and design submittal.
• Prepared project progress reports, contract documents, RFP’s and RFI’s.
• Design and calculation of Horizontal Directional drilling. From December 2007 to January 2010 (2 years 2 months) Student Engineer @ Student engineer, specializing in civil & structural design of water systems. From June 2007 to September 2007 (4 months)
Post Baccalaureate Coursework, Structural Engineering @ California State University-Northridge From 2010 to 2012 B.Sc, Civil Engineering @ California State University-Northridge From 2002 to 2007 Scholastica From 1996 to 2000 Mohammed Kabir is skilled in: MS Project, Primavera P6, AutoCAD, RISA 2D, RISA 3D, RISA Foot, RISA Base, Civil Engineering, Structural Analysis, Concrete Design, Timber & Masonry Design, Structural Steel Design, Photovoltaics, PV System Design, Cost Estimating
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension