BA, Organizational Development @
University of Minnesota Duluth
Proven Sales and Operations Executive leader with 20+ years of demonstrated success in driving global teams to earn revenues of over $400M. Reputation for exceeding expectations and dramatically outpacing industry growth. Repeated success at driving innovation and growth strategies by selecting and developing top talent through mentoring and coaching to grow shareholder value in the US and
Proven Sales and Operations Executive leader with 20+ years of demonstrated success in driving global teams to earn revenues of over $400M. Reputation for exceeding expectations and dramatically outpacing industry growth. Repeated success at driving innovation and growth strategies by selecting and developing top talent through mentoring and coaching to grow shareholder value in the US and Global markets. Excellent at applying strong solution selling strategies that are customer focused and aimed at achieving results. Effective at using statistical analytics to identify innovative solutions to drive sales with a relentless focus on productivity. Excellent interpersonal communication skills used to gain trust of customers, develop strong relationships, and secure sales. Strong strategic and visionary perspective is balanced by a pragmatic, hands on, “get the job done” approach.
• Facilitated development and configuration of Edmentum’s Sales Organization Design Strategy moving from perpetual software sales to SaaS model utilizing key sales incentive design modeling to maximize productivity.
• Experienced Leader managing domestic and international sales/operations/services resources ensuring team communication and collaboration resulting in exceeding goals in a fast-paced organization.
• Strategically Defined and Executed Growth Operations Plans by leading projects and cross functional sales enablement colleagues resulting in net new customer growth and productivity gains throughout the organization.
• Established standards and procedures for Sales organizational development, sales rep development & retention, leadership development and customer relations as a means to enhance sales performance.
• Directed the implementation and integration of core ERP/CRM business/sales systems, resulting in streamlining end to end business/sales processes and ensuring data integrity.
Vice President, Sales Operations @ Responsible for leading team of Sales, Account Management, Lead Generation, Customer Usage Specialists, Bid Writers, Sales Event Planning, Salesforce.com Administrators, Sr. Sales Analysts generating over $30M in sales pipeline with a focus on software solutions to all U.S. K-12 and Higher Education Districts. Manage all complex contract negotiations with customers and indirect sales channels including pricing, terms & conditions, exceptions and custom solutions. Develop and execute go-to-market and operational optimization strategies to achieve business objectives. Responsible for overall Sales budget and driving efficiencies annually.
- Achieved 50% pipeline growth YoY resulting in over $30M net new pipeline.
- Implemented a new coverage model blueprint for the Sales organization to ensure all customer needs were being addressed and handled by the appropriate sales role.
- Streamlined overall renewal process to include automated touch points with customers and incorporating overall lifecycle best practices. Drove subscription renewal retention up 10% YoY through innovation and optimization strategies.
- Achieved 45% close rate on all formal RFP responses which included an overall growth in responses of 30%.
- Developed and launched a new custom quota methodology that utilized a formulaic approach to setting quotas resulting in an increase in sales rep retention of over 50%.
- Launched online sales playbook (e.g. sales process codification, rules of engagement, territory account planning) for over 220 inside and field sales reps.
- Created and designed an enhanced compensation sales structure and plan to focus on overall net new growth and expansion.
- Successfully re-engineered our forecasting process and reduced costs by over $100K annually along with streamlining the entire process through salesforce.com optimization. From April 2014 to Present (1 year 9 months) Senior Director, Sales Operations and Marketing @ Responsible for leading Demand Marketing, Lead Generation, Bid Operations, Sales and Marketing Systems (e.g. salesforce.com, Marketo), Product Marketing, Trade Shows & Events, Web & Interactive Media and Field Marketing. Manage all complex contract negotiations with customers and indirect sales channels including pricing, terms & conditions, exceptions and custom solutions. Develop and execute go-to-market and operational strategies to achieve business objectives. Responsible for overall Sales budget and driving efficiencies annually.
- Established a sales analytics team that streamlined our overall sales data metrics, facilitated consistency between Finance and Sales data and used predictive sales analytics to drive more strategic decisions within executive leadership.
- Developed a new Marketing methodology for our Demand/Lead organizations that resulted in over 13,000 additional leads compared to previous year.
- Designed a new Segmentation Model Optimization that allowed us to target customer better with more tailored processes and messages.
- Designed a best in class compensation program that is aligned with business strategy (e.g. MRR compensation model), pays for performance, motivates reps, and is market competitive.
- New Mapping software that integrated with our Sales Organization Design and also drove efficiency and effectiveness in our sales force.
- Mobilizing Sales & Service organization to allow quicker, more reliable sales tools to be used during our customer’s lifecycle process, with a focus on iPad and Chatter From March 2012 to March 2014 (2 years 1 month) Director, Finance and Business Operations @ The Director of Finance and Business Operations supports PLATO sales, finance and business initiatives by providing leadership to a team of employees responsible for the preparing and coordinating of RFP/RFI/RFQ's, contract review, pricing analysis, sales quotes, order entry, fulfillment & provisioning, systems & tools, purchasing and facilities. A significant portion of time is also devoted to working directly with sales account managers and sales leaders to address on a real-time basis a wide range of requirements for completing individual sales transactions.
- Successfully implemented BigMachines Quoting module with direct integration into PLATO's salesforce.com CRM.
- Re-designed PLATO's Bid Process including Word templates/style sheets, salesforce.com approvals, project templates and RFP delivery method. From December 2009 to April 2012 (2 years 5 months) Director, Global Sales Operations @ Managed worldwide and domestic Sales Operations for 50+ employees representing Global Sales Training, Global Bid Management, Global Program/Project Management, Global Distribution Support, Global Order Management and Global Sales, Service, Supplies, and Pricing Analytics. Provided direction, tools, systems, procedures, training and coaching to improve operations efficiency.
• Grew bottom line PBT growth by 72% in FY08 and 16% PBT growth in FY09 by redesigning sales compensation plans.
• Improved performance in sales and operational effectiveness and increased account retention by applying execution best practices.
• Drove annual bottom line savings of $850K globally by creating and implementing a global PMO process and tools needed to manage and deliver over 700 bids. Instrumental in development and deployment of new revolutionary sales process that changes the way Datacard Sales Reps and Distribution Partners sell.
• Implemented global CRM (Oracle) solution for entire sales organization driving more efficiency globally in Datacard’s end-to-end sales process.
• Re-engineered Datacard’s global revenue, budgeting and forecasting processes delivering more simplified, streamlined and automated work processes. From January 2002 to December 2009 (8 years) Sigma Black Belt Leader @ Six Sigma Black Belt Leader; Led the deployment of Six Sigma initiatives across the organization with Functional Sponsors & Master Black Belts. Implemented principles, practices, and techniques of Six Sigma.
- Achieved annual savings of $1.2M on a 6-month Supplier Quality Improvement Project involving cross-functional deployment.
- Led organizational assessment to identify Six Sigma priorities and to implement objectives and goals. Worked with cross functional leaders to identify process areas tied to the priorities. Managed milestones and communicated status throughout the organization and senior executives.
- Delivered training and information regarding Six Sigma tools and techniques to all employees domestically and internationally.
- Developed software processes and models to release products, generate revenue, and achieve strategic objectives. From January 2000 to January 2002 (2 years 1 month) Manager, Global Call Center @ Managed and provided strategic direction for up to 20 employees within an inbound call center. Recruited, hired, training, and managed performance of Customer Care Center staff. The center processed customer inquiries related to sales, requests for information, and technical issues. Managed departmental budget exceeding $1M.
- Analyzed customer feedback and benchmarked world class service organizations to improve procedures, techniques, scheduling, systems, quality and turnaround. Defined performance standards based on findings. Evaluated and led installation of call software to monitor performance against stated benchmarks.
Marketed Customer Care team to internal and external clients by raising awareness around value and scope of services.
- Revised processes to improve efficiency, productivity, and reduce costs and staffing.
- Developed and delivered new hire orientation and skills training to improve metrics, exceed standards and increase productivity.
- Partnered with corporate Sales Management, Contracts Administration, Sales Representatives and Customers to improve service levels provided by the Customer Care Center. From January 1998 to January 2000 (2 years 1 month) Manager, Inside Sales @ Built and developed Inside Sales Group for NA Direct Sales Division. Managed $700K departmental budget and all strategic objectives. Met and exceeded quota for 1997 and 1998 as Manager. Managed daily operations including supervision, coaching of staff, sales techniques, telephone strategies, and account management using a CRM system. Prepared evaluation and performance reviews for direct reports.
- Facilitated sales training for direct sales representatives, developed new sales promotions, and acted as liaison between sales managers and corporate marketing.
- Identified core sales competencies and developed and delivered orientation new hire training to develop skills.
- Delivered high quality customer service by analyzing and resolving technical and customer issues quickly and efficiently.
- Coordinated sales and marketing campaigns, trade shows, mailings, open houses. From January 1997 to January 1998 (1 year 1 month)
MBA, International Business @ St. Cloud State University From 1996 to 2000 BA, Organizational Development @ University of Minnesota Duluth From 1992 to 1996 Mitchell Wacker is skilled in: Account Management, Analysis, Budgets, CRM, Call Centers, Coaching, Cross-functional Team Leadership, Customer Retention, Direct Sales, Forecasting, Integration, Leadership, Management, Marketing, New Business Development