A high energy, practical, business-focused Human Resources Leader, with experience in a wide range of environments and a unique combination of analytical and intuitive skills. A respected and trusted leader and business partner who ensures that Human Resources strategy and delivery are in alignment with and in support of the overall goals of the organization. Able to
A high energy, practical, business-focused Human Resources Leader, with experience in a wide range of environments and a unique combination of analytical and intuitive skills. A respected and trusted leader and business partner who ensures that Human Resources strategy and delivery are in alignment with and in support of the overall goals of the organization. Able to balance strategic and operational activities to identify, investigate, analyze and resolve key business challenges and build and motivate teams.
Skills and Capabilities in:
Strategic HR Management | Employee Relations | Talent Assessment | Talent Management | Talent Acquisition | Key Talent | Organizational Design | Succession Planning | Workforce Planning & Integration | Executive Coaching | Training & Development | Change Management | Performance Management | Change Initiatives | Restructuring | Transformation | People Strategies | Matrix | COE | Global | Influencing and Negotiation | Project Management
Sectors Worked In or Supported:
Financial Services | Healthcare | Retail | Contract Compliance | Consumer Packaged Goods| Information Services / Technology | Legal | Marketing | Sales | Business Development
•Serve as a strategic business consultant and partner to executive management teams delivering a track-record of HR actions and solutions as drivers impacting business performance.
• Achieve results by translating business strategy for HR teams, which provides context to create actionable HR solutions to achieve stronger partnership with leaders and drive business performance.
• Successfully implement change management initiatives to advance organizational performance in global matrixed environments. Drive HR projects to successful completion in a timely manner.
• Provide leadership for core HR processes including full employee life cycle, talent development, Organizational Development, employee relations, education and training programs, leadership development and compensation.
Director, Human Resources @ Lead corporate human resources teams during a period of rapid organic and acquisition growth for the company: revenue +25%, annual headcount +25%.
• Talent Acquisition: Responsible for $1.6m talent acquisition budget. Developed creative, cost effective global sourcing methodologies netting 800+ hires in a 6 year period across all levels of the organization. Provided insight and execution for position specifications, company microsite pages, advertising, web posting and dedicated agencies.
• Talent Development: Strengthened employee retention by developing and implementing a competency model, including position descriptions, performance management and succession plans across all business units.
• Training and Development: Elevated programs to support a culture of technical, soft skill and professional instruction. Implemented Halogen Talent Management System, Lynda.com (LMS); Myers Briggs; Leadership Development IT program; created and implemented new Internship Program with Dale Carnegie instruction with Connolly facilitators and project workshops. (27 interns/ 12 weeks).
• Organizational Development: Implemented a company-wide performance management/development process to support global growth. Established metrics relative to assessing current talent pools for all organizational levels enabling leadership to identify the top 15% for succession opportunities and the bottom 10% for performance plans.
• Policy Creation and Design: Upon disbanding co-branding relationship with ADP, designed human resource related policies and procedures for US, Canada and the UK.
• Employee Relations: Fostered a high level of employee morale by introducing a bi-annual opinion survey domestically and globally and then implementing action plans to strengthen employee communication, senior leadership visibility, training offerings and employee relations programs. From January 2008 to Present (7 years 10 months) Wilton, ConnecticutHR Generalist / Organizational Development @ Provided global and domestic Organizational Development and HR Business Partnership support to drive results through human capital. Scope included UK, Asia, South Africa and 14 states domestically - decentralized. Additional client group oversight included Corporate functional support departments: Marketing & Design Group, Finance and Information Systems / Technology.
• Leadership Development: Introduced new leadership programs for 32 Vice Presidents globally and accelerate role assimilation and facilitate global expansion.
• Talent Acquisition: Sourced creative staffing solutions in challenging markets and new startup operations to build internal talent pool and bench strength. Implemented recruitment solutions that optimized overall business performance via accelerated identification, selection, and placement.
• Retention Strategies: Established retention strategies, including “stay-interviews” across the organization for high performing, critical employees that focused on reward, recognition, and development activities. Provided coaching, counseling and training to other team members as needed to insure service certainty.
• Metric Reporting: Generated and reviewed metrics with client groups, reviewing activity, projections and determining appropriate actions for 8 client groups. Provided varied and complex communication/operations to maintain effective, positive business relations.
• Global Effectiveness Programs: Facilitated Global Organizational Effectiveness, Employee Opinion Survey to 1,500 participants. Provided analysis of organizational climate data to aid management and staff development. Recommended opportunities for program implementation, fiscal budget allocation and program design.
•Compensation: Worked with Hay Group to evaluate and grade positions as they relate to position, salary bands and leadership roles re-evaluating 40% of employee population. From April 2005 to December 2007 (2 years 9 months) Stamford, ConnecticutHR Generalist; Regional Director, Learning and Development @ Recruited into newly created hybrid position responsible for human resources operation for 350 exempt and non-exempt employees in a $100M unit. HR Generalist and liaison to Corporate Human Resources, Dallas for Education and Learning programs. Regional Northeast training responsibilities included program design, deliverable training and E-Learning.
• Established core competencies that resulted in 7% sales volume increase in 5 months.
• Impacted total human resources operation through effective employee relations, 360 feedback and high profile recruitment at all levels. Implemented SOP recruitment tools that supported commissioned sales environment. From 2004 to 2005 (1 year) New YorkRegional Director, Organizational Development, Human Resources @ Managed succession planning, talent development and career pathing for over 400 mid to senior level executives and 3,500 staff associates in the northeast. Responsible for full life cycle recruitment for exempt, non-exempt, union and non-union positions.
• Led organizational development performance enhanced initiatives including process design, implementation and measurement; supported individual and organizational planning; work team synergy and leadership development.
• Coached and counseled management and employees on human resource policies and procedures. Ensured issues were handled consistently with limited exposure. Monitored ongoing interaction with employee population in order to develop an awareness of the health of the overall business unit. From 1999 to 2004 (5 years) New York City, New England, New JerseyDirector of Executive Development, New Store Recruitment @ Directly responsible for new store openings - Barnes & Noble superstores in midtown NYC and surrounding boroughs.
• Implemented full life-cycle employee activities that included talent acquisition, talent management and talent development. Created recruitment plans and budgets in support of new store accelerated growth. Conducted market research to assess compensation plans. Designed new hire orientation program and a comprehensive executive / leadership development training program. From 1997 to 1999 (2 years) New York City
Bachelor of Arts (B.A.) @ Binghamton UniversityCertification, Human Resources @ Fairfield University Mitch Podob is skilled in: Employee Relations, Deferred Compensation, Personnel Management, Performance Management
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension