Director of Applications Development @ 10X Genomics
Senior Director of Molecular Biology & Sequencing @
B.S., Chemistry @
University of Washington
Director of NGS Scientific Applications @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Director of Applications Development @ From January 2013 to March 2015 (2 years 3 months) Senior Director of Molecular Biology & Sequencing @ From June 2012 to January 2013 (8 months) Director, Molecular Biology and Sequencing @ While at Foundation Medicine, I helped develop
Director of NGS Scientific Applications @ From March 2015 to Present (10 months) Director of Applications Development @ From January 2013 to March 2015 (2 years 3 months) Senior Director of Molecular Biology & Sequencing @ From June 2012 to January 2013 (8 months) Director, Molecular Biology and Sequencing @ While at Foundation Medicine, I helped develop a next generation sequencing assay for comprehensive sequencing of clinical tumor specimens, empowering physicians with the molecular information needed to bring targeted therapies into the clinical decision-making process. My work focused on developing robust sample preparation methods for FFPE derived DNA samples to enable ultra-deep targeted sequencing of cancer-related genes. From July 2010 to June 2012 (2 years) Manager of Sequencing Development @ Helicos BioSciences developed the world's first commercial single molecule DNA sequencer. My contributions at Helicos include:
• Developed and commercialized multiple generations of sequencing chemistry on short time scales.
• Discovered and implemented improvements to sequencing reagent formulations that led to more robust performance, lower error rates, longer read lengths, and higher yields. These improvements were essential to meeting Helicos’ commercial sequencing performance goals.
• Led the transition of Helicos’ sequencing technology from prototype platforms to the commercial Heliscope Sequencers, including designing and implementing final qualification procedures for newly built instruments.
• Interfaced with customers and the field service team to establish written protocols for customers and to optimize and trouble shoot performance of the Heliscope Sequencers at customer sites.
• Directed reagent stability testing and QC procedures.
• Invented the surface chemistry used by Helicos’ HeliScope Genetic Analysis System. This overcame a critical technical barrier to the achievement of single molecule sequencing.
• Discovered key reagent formulations that proved necessary for achieving sequencing read lengths sufficient for useful genomic sequencing. From May 2004 to May 2010 (6 years 1 month) Graduate Student @ PhD in Chemistry
Thesis: “The physics and chemistry of transport in cadmium selenide quantum dot solids” From 1999 to 2004 (5 years)
PhD, Chemistry @ Massachusetts Institute of Technology From 1999 to 2004 B.S., Chemistry @ University of Washington From 1995 to 1999 Mirna Jarosz is skilled in: Genomics, Sequence Analysis, DNA, Personalized Medicine, Assay Development, Genetics, Biotechnology, Lifesciences, Purification, Biochemistry, DNA sequencing, Sequencing, Molecular Biology, Biomarkers, Drug Discovery