Master's degree, Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering @
University of Tehran
I am a PhD candidate in Advanced Materials Processing Labarotory (AMPL) at Mechanical Engineering Department of Northeastern University. As a part of my research I am working on fabrication of aluminum alloy powders to produce metallic powders with core-shell microstructure. I employ Uniform Droplet Spray (UDS) method, an optimized gas atomization technique to generate powders and employ
I am a PhD candidate in Advanced Materials Processing Labarotory (AMPL) at Mechanical Engineering Department of Northeastern University. As a part of my research I am working on fabrication of aluminum alloy powders to produce metallic powders with core-shell microstructure. I employ Uniform Droplet Spray (UDS) method, an optimized gas atomization technique to generate powders and employ characterization methods such as Scanning Electron Microscopy (SEM) and X-ray diffraction (XRD) to investigate properties of the droplets.
Recently I have joined to Materials Development group at TE Connectivity. My role is to contribute in modification of new electrical contacts and characterization of these contacts using various methods such as SEM, EDS, XRF, corrosion test, profilometry, etc.
Last year I was a material analyst in a deep drawing manufacturing company. I investigated physical and mechanical properties of various metallic parts such as titanium, stainless steel,. . During this time I was able to successfully resolve a long-lasting problem and make useful recommendations on quality control of incoming materials, in-process and final parts, process modification and heat treatment optimization.
As a metallurgical Engineer, I worked for Bank of Industry and Mine for more than six years. This bank provides financial support for establishment, expansion and renovation of industrial and mining units by offering feasibility study, assessment and subsequent supervision of projects implementation. As a technical analyst I performed control project techniques to assure optimum allocation of resources in a timely manner and negotiated terms of contract with clients in a routine basis. This position helped me to develop my management and negotiation skills.
Before that I was a quality control manager at a automotive part manufacturing company. In this position I helped with application of ISO/TS standards and participated and led internal and external audits.
Materials Science Intern @ Contribute in development of new electrical contacts by introducing process modification
Evaluation of this films and joins using methods such as SEM, EDS, XRF, profilometry, corrosion tests From July 2015 to Present (6 months) San Francisco Bay AreaPhD candidate @ Research at Advanced Materials Processing Laboratory (AMPL): Investigation of the Microstructural Evolution during Solidification of Droplets of Immiscible Alloys
Teacher Assistant: • Introduction to Materials Science Course, • Introduction to Materials Science Lab: Crystalography, Metallugraphy, SEM, XRD, Mechanical tests, Hardness and Toughness Measurement From January 2010 to Present (6 years) Materials Analyst @ • Investigated properties of various deep drawn parts of Titanium, Stainless steel, and other metals and made recommendation to improve quality of the parts and eleminate defects such as wrinkles, galling.
• Resolved a long-lasting quality problem by designing a chain of scientific experiments and identifying the main cause of the problem and illustrated the corective action
• Monitored the quality control process of incoming material and introduced new and effective methods that simplifed the production processes
• Analyzed selected materials for tooling such as die and punch tool materials and presented alternative options that facilitated the manufacturing process and improved the quality of final parts
• Evaluated heat treatment process and introduced methods to optimize these processes, resulted in more than 20 percent reduction of energy usage and better quality of heat treated parts From May 2014 to August 2014 (4 months) Technical Analyst and Consulting Engineer @ Technical Analyst and Consulting Engineer, Supervision and Follow up Department
Bank of Industry and mine provides financial support for establishment, expansion, renovation and upgrading of industrial and mining units by offering feasibility study, assessment, appraisal and subsequent supervision of projects implementation.
• Performed control project techniques to assure optimum allocation of resources in a timely manner and supervised the implementation of projects
• Evaluated machinery of manufacturing units and supervised installation of these equipment
• Negotiated terms of contract and agreements during the projects operation
• Oversaw the performance of hired consulting firms From October 2003 to October 2009 (6 years 1 month) Quality Control Manager/Engineer @ • Inspected and evaluated the quality of incoming material and final products
• Coordinated the application of ISO/TS standard
• Wrote and classified internal instructions for in-process and final quality control of parts
• Problem solved and documented corrective actions and assured completion of these actions
• Promoted to quality control manager, led and directed external audits From 2002 to 2003 (1 year) Quality Control Examiner @ Quality Control of Automobile Parts From May 2002 to August 2002 (4 months)
Doctor of Philosophy (PhD), Mechanical Engineering @ Northeastern University From 2010 to 2014 Master's degree, Materials Science, Metallurgical Engineering @ University of Tehran From 2006 to 2009 Bachelor's degree, Metallurgical Engineering, Extractive Metallurgy @ University of Tehran Mina Yaghmazadeh is skilled in: Materials Science, Matlab, Materials, Characterization, Powder X-ray Diffraction, Engineering, Quality Control, SEM, Manufacturing, Scanning Electron Microscopy, Nanotechnology, Simulations, Design of Experiments, Mechanical Testing, Solidification of metals
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension