UI/UX Designer / Researcher @ Currently seeking new opportunites
Designer / Developer @ LVAInet Technologies, LLC
Design Consultant @ Bidwise.com
Associate of Arts (AA), Business, Management, Marketing, and Related Support Services @
Sacramento City College
• Over a decade working in the presentation layer leading teams, producing User Interface, User Experience, and visual design - delivering; documentation and graphic assets for applications and websites including; graphics, animations, recommendations reports, wireframes, mockups, user guides, HTML, CSS and prototypes using web2.0 conventions for delivery of RIA/sites that adhere to well thought out
• Over a decade working in the presentation layer leading teams, producing User Interface, User Experience, and visual design - delivering; documentation and graphic assets for applications and websites including; graphics, animations, recommendations reports, wireframes, mockups, user guides, HTML, CSS and prototypes using web2.0 conventions for delivery of RIA/sites that adhere to well thought out UCD patterns
• Expert knowledge of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator - solid experience with other tools in the Creative Suite including Flash, Fireworks, ImageReady
• Adept at addressing multi-platform cross browser issues.
• Familiar with design standards for Ipad and other Apple Products
• Eager to collaborate with team members assessing new technologies and processes for software development and layer 7 delivery
• Adept at listening to stakeholders and addressing their feedback while designing simple elegant solutions for complex interaction problems
• Attention to pixel perfect detail in mockups and clear communication in documentation
• Experience on several enterprise applications, numerous eCommerce and social networking sites, and one mobile tablet application
• A passion for producing interfaces that follow consistent patterns using color and type to set precedence and provide intuitive flow
• Experience with methods such as heuristic evaluation, contextual walk through, prototyping, competitive analysis, and usability studies
• A firm believer in user centered design methodologies with experience setting up usability labs and producing recommendation reports based on results
I seek to make transactions and interactions transparent for the user. I know I’ve succeeded when the user's needs are met and they didn’t even have to think about it.
UI/UX Designer / Researcher @ I'm currently doing freelance work now while seeking an attractive full time opportunity. The project I'm on now is producing a demonstrative animation using flash for an inventors wiki page. From March 2010 to Present (5 years 10 months) Designer / Developer @ Worked with owner to bring video chat site “myfreebabe.com” in house after initial coding in Russia and determine strategy that would filter users likely to be offended by myfreebabe.com, design and prototype intermediate PG site to drive appropriate traffic from FaceBook. The sites are currently waiting for funding. The site that I designed for this project is built around a virtual photo shoot app that allows the models to have wood bee Photographers pay a minimal per minute fee to play the part of a photographer doing a model shoot and take them to myfreebabe.com if they start asking for more than PG poses.
• Analysis of JSP code to make sure all Video chat site functionality was delivered and could be run stand alone without support from the coder.
• Produced initial front end UI for social networking modeling site
• Hand coded prototypes for use in templates in: PHP5, HTML5, CSS3, and jQuery
• Prototyped an effective funnel from a PG domain to the Video Chat site prototype is hosted on my site until the owner gets necessary funding (bidwise.com/portfolio/lva/ ) The place holder models in the prototype are from a photo shoot I did for the United Distillers and Vintners Convention and Guinness UDV. From January 2011 to May 2011 (5 months) Design Consultant @ Providing application documentation and design services for a decade. Though I founded Bidwise.com originally to aggregate eBay data but found three other companies being sued for this business model . So instead I provided documentation and design services for many satisfied clients.
Many of the positions I have listed here are actually Bidwise clients I serviced as a consultant. Project timelines may not be neat and linear as they run concurrent or have multiple projects over a period of years. I dissolved the corp in 2010 to make parting ways with my x easier. She was infinitely helpful in running the corporation. If you have any questions please ask. From 1999 to 2010 (11 years) San Francisco Bay AreaSr. UI/UX Designer @ This is not an automotive company nor is it Various Inc! The people there are great! A fun diverse bunch. They are a social media company with many properties, mostly adult. One thing they could do better is give advice on how to explain them when you leave their employ. I was advised to list an empty corporate shell they hold, "Various Inc." It has no history, (never even had a phone number, never made a product or a dollar) and leaves people scratching their heads when checking you out. They don't sell or rent cars. They do generate massive amounts of traffic and revenue. I did not design the unending popup adds that you may have been cursing as your spouse walked to see what all the cursing was about. Aside from the things I can't un-see encountered during routine duties such as business meetings. You can't imagine... The "I bet I can make you wince" dialog carried on by execs made the hard core content on the screen pale in comparison. Try 2 or 3 of those a day and see if you're still OK.
In spite of this, I enjoyed working there and bumping up their revenue by over $8500 a day a few times. I redesigned their most profitable property after setting up and conducting usability studies and conducting competitive analysis on which I based my recommendations. All changes were monitored via A/B testing to assess impact. Beyond the monetary aspect I believe I brought great usability improvements to multitudes of folks that use the site. This was a bit tricky because the taste for a blinky, tacky, "can't find my way out here" ascetic is not easy for me. It’s about the user though, not me. They like the casino effect! BTW I'm not the one who made it almost impossible to unsubscribe from auto recurrent billing either (the most profitable practice on the web period. Should be illegal as delivered by most.)
Summary - it was great experience in terms of shear numbers. Huge traffic flow to quickly prove theories and sharp analytics to keep changes on track. From March 2008 to August 2009 (1 year 6 months) Designer / Developer @ • Designed and coded automotive accessory company's site
Convinced the owner that the flagship product should be named the car sign instead of the electronic finger. How ever funny it was lawsuit waiting to happen. From January 1997 to December 2008 (12 years) UI Design Dev @ From October 2007 to February 2008 (5 months) UI/UX Design Consultant @ As a UI/UX Design Consultant I performed usability testing and analysis on this rental locator site. . Reported findings from usability tests and used the information to guide new web 2.0 site design. I designed new search term targeted landing pages that performed well in A/B tests and participated in multivariate testing for the site. I designed their improved map markers for rental search results. The makers stack well and are highly noticeable on all parts of their map. This addressed issues I found during useability testing. www.MyNewPlace.com From 2007 to 2007 (less than a year) Information Architecture and UI Designer @ Modius, Inc. is a leading provider of data center infrastructure management (DCIM) software for optimizing the infrastructure and operations of critical facilities. The company's mission is to simplify the operations of the increasingly diverse and complex facilities. I provided front end design and documentation services for their enterprise products. From November 2003 to September 2006 (2 years 11 months) Documentation and UI Design consultant @ DaVita, is a medical services company devoted to on kidney dialysis patients. I was brought in by the team who developed DaVita's Part D pharmacy program enrollment application a mobile app on the tabletPC platform. I requested that they let me help them out with their UI design when I produced the user manual which resembled a spreadsheet on steroids. This is often the result when development is rushed and doesn't include a designer. I enjoyed giving this app which was put in patient hands, a friendly elegant look and feel .
• Developed illustrated end user documentation
• Produced a new visual design for the application UI to provide an attractive and intuitive user experience
• Solved issues with several UI elements that were not supported by the Windows TabletPC platform in combination with the pen enabled forms package used
• Worked with developers to implement the new UI including a solution for the issues around UI elements that were not yet supported by the platform From July 2005 to May 2006 (11 months) San Francisco Bay AreaFront End Developer @ Wholesale Internet Solutions Division
Fun Group of folks to work with but the job title could just as well have been " code janitor " marching to the mantra "its gotta be perfect even though no one will ever see it" From January 2004 to November 2005 (1 year 11 months) UI Designer/ Web Interface Development Team Lead @ • Designed and developed Web based UI's for monitoring and configuration of network traffic control and security appliances, including the ArraySP (Security Proxy) 60
• The product provided the essential infrastructure for Saas delivery and a web UI to monitor configurations and administered secured service and application traffic
• Supported up to 10k tenants, RSA Security, Domain Certificates and scalability
• Designed the TM 5.3 appliance Web UI with real and virtual hosting services in a LAN to WAN environment
• Provided an essential networking platform, including Layer 4-7 Server Load Balancing, Caching, Link Load Balancing, SSL Acceleration, Compression, Clustering, Webwall for Web security and Global Server Load Balancing
• Produced visual design for multiple products in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
• Created style guide and UI specifications
Work samples: Application screens - www.bidwise.com/worksamples/array/array.html From January 2002 to March 2003 (1 year 3 months) Contract UI Designer / Developer @ I designed their internal Project and Process Management site titled Impact ( I didn't pick out the name) I quickly became the preferred in house software design vendor at the SFO IT facility. Unfortunately that happened just days before the 911 attacks which used United Airlines planes as weapons. It was a bad day for all of us. I was the last contractor on site at that facility after that event. Most were laid off within days of the event. I must say that it was a great group of people to work with and I value the relationships I gained there. From 2001 to 2001 (less than a year) UI Designer / Front End Technician @ Worked on the Sageo Project with a 75+ member team as a front end technologist to produce the first rev of Hewitt's HR Portal giving employees online access to their insurance and finance programs. From January 1999 to October 2000 (1 year 10 months) Demonstrative Animation Producer @ • Worked on the Micron technology Inc Flash animation project
• Project involved production of 16 2-5 minute demonstrative animations
• Worked with lawyers and an expert witness to produce animations to educate court on processes used to produce DRAM
I have worked with other notable law firms in this same capacity. The work is always high pressure and called for at the last possible moment as many IP litigation cases settle before going to trial and they don't prepare evidence such as this unless trial is eminent. I coded filters for Adobe Photoshop to be used as evidence in one case between Micron computer and Honeywell. That was fun to do. It changed the opposing sides evidence when the filter was run on it to demonstrate the flawed logic. This was handled by another high powered law firm out of New York. From April 1999 to January 2000 (10 months) Technology Instructor • Lead the tra @ • Lead the training program as computer software training consultant
• Spear headed a project directed at expansion of a small existing computer training facility
• Authored curriculum and hired instructors
• Instructed courses in: MS Office and Adobe products, Web Publishing and internet use From September 1997 to August 1998 (1 year) GUI UI Designer/ Web Application Developer @ Jun - Oct 1997
• Worked in University of California's Advanced Computer Systems Engineering Lab
• Responsible for design and development From June 1997 to October 1997 (5 months)
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension