Manager - Cloud Operations Application Management @ Adobe Systems
Bachelors, Psychology @
University of California, Santa Cruz
DevOps Lead @ From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaManager - Cloud Operations Application Management @ Develop and manage highly effective 15 person international Cloud Operations team. Application Administrators are responsible for a variety of technical, operational, and consultative activities, including system administration and release engineering tasks. Expert background running both
DevOps Lead @ From June 2014 to Present (1 year 7 months) San Francisco Bay AreaManager - Cloud Operations Application Management @ Develop and manage highly effective 15 person international Cloud Operations team. Application Administrators are responsible for a variety of technical, operational, and consultative activities, including system administration and release engineering tasks. Expert background running both Linux and Windows server applications, programming aptitude, experience with a formal software release process. Deployment automation, auto-scaling, and monitoring of high volume customer facing cloud applications. From October 2006 to June 2014 (7 years 9 months) San Francisco Bay AreaSystems and Networking Manager @ * Managed, mentored, and built effective Systems, Networking, and Helpdesk team
* Customized and deployed in-house Web Versioning System based on CVS, rsync, PHP, shell scripts, and cronjobs.
* Built and customized open-source ticketing system “Request Tracker” built on Perl/mod_perl, MySQL, Sendmail, and Apache.
* 24x7 support and maintenance of online classroom environments.
* Deployed RHEL/CentOS infrastructure (kickstart, best practices)
* Deployed 30+ Windows Server 2003 servers (IIS, MS SQL, SharePoint, Veritas BackupExec, Akiva WebBoard, WSUS , DC , Virtual Server, Symantec Antivirus, DHCP, RIS) with strong security in mind.
* Implemented server co-location plan with multiple firewalls and subnets.
* Migrated 350 Users, across multiple locations, from Win95/Novell to WinXP/2000/2003 Server Active Directory with extensive group policy management and customization.
* Migrated users from GroupWise 5.5 to Postfix/Cyrus/IMAP/LDAP environment. From 2001 to 2006 (5 years) NT Administrator @ * Managed firewall ACLs
* Solaris, WinNT Domain, and Exchange user account management and server maintenance
* Deployed multiple WinNT Database Developer desktops (Oracle, MSSQL, Cygwin, etc..)
* Implemented ghosting system with bootable install CDs for laptops.
* PBX phone system programming. From 2000 to 2001 (1 year) Visiting Researcher @ * Background research, computer lab setup, digital video editing, data collection and statistical analysis leading to publication. From 1999 to 2001 (2 years) Graduate Student @ * Perl, C++, and SAS conversion, programming, and statistical analysis of Social Network Data leading to publications.
* Teaching Assistant - Human Computer Interaction From 1995 to 2000 (5 years) Research Associate @ * Digital video editing, movie creation, CD jukebox, video database management, streaming video
* Analyzed and presented profiles of home technology use and gadget lovers. From 1998 to 1999 (1 year) Health Science Research Specialist @ • Setup, designed, and coded win95 web server
• Collected, transformed, and performed statistical analysis leading to publication From September 1993 to July 1995 (1 year 11 months) Research Contractor @ * Ran experiment, analyzed data, and presented results on effective email use leading to white paper: Towards a More Effective use of Electronic Mail. (1993) Patterson, M.A. From 1993 to 1993 (less than a year)
Masters, Organization Science @ Carnegie Mellon University From 1995 to 2000 Bachelors, Psychology @ University of California, Santa Cruz From 1991 to 1993 Albany High School From 1984 to 1989 Mike Patterson is skilled in: Amazon Web Services (AWS), Automation, Cloud Computing, Configuration Management, Chef, SaaS, Linux, Security, Cacti, VMware, Networking, RHCE, DNS, Perl, Apache
Looking for a different
Get an email address for anyone on LinkedIn with the ContactOut Chrome extension